What's new

Rio Olympics 2016: Team China News and Images

I am always glad to see Chinese blood fighting for China.
Importing people like those countries is efficient, but not a favourable way for a country's long-term development. We should also maintain the Chinese civilisation with our own strength. I'm proud of what we have achieved in Rio, we do it by efforts of our own Chinese athletes no matter where they are trained. They are Chinese nationals with real Chinese blood, as opposed to some foreigners or refugees fighting for a passport.

Chinese athletes are capable of winning at EVERY event of EVERY sport.

I saw many Chinese athletes qualify for various finals in track and field. Both men and women.

I saw many Chinese athletes qualify for various finals in track and field. Both men and women.
You are right.
We actually have all the talents.
But we are also new to a lot of sports in Rio.
And of course, trainings should be improved.

You are right.
We actually have all the talents.
But we are also new to a lot of sports in Rio.
And of course, trainings should be improved.

Swimming is the crucial sport for China.

A win for China (+1) is a loss for US (-1). Zero sum game.

It is also non-judging sport where you don't have to be at the mercy of bias judges to decide whether you win or not.

China must put more resources into swimming.

Swimming is the crucial sport for China.

A win for China (+1) is a loss for US (-1). Zero sum game.

It is also non-judging sport where you don't have to be at the mercy of bias judges to decide whether you win or not.

China must put more resources into swimming.
Swimming, yes, how about rowing?
Those crazy sports give medals like free water.

There is no reason to be restricted to just badminton, weight lifting, diving and table tennis.

Rather than dominating and defending these areas, China needs to branch out. As @Economic superpower mentioned, rowing, canoeing and cycling have many medals on offer. Instead of being daunted, it should be seen as open ground for opportunity and success.

Poach medals from white dominated sports, poaching from black dominated sports is something else altogether Im afraid.

Over time yes when our nutrition and sports science keep improving
Only people with immense inferiority complex and the rancorous haters and racists are fearful of our progress 24/7
We are 2nd in total medal count
Nothing in here to feel ashamed of

ps in view of the final medal standings, in fact Britian is not much different from 2012. I have to correct my previous pov earlier It is us who have a severe drop in claiming medals, particular in gold medals

What a glorious day for our women's volleyball team
We reach the APEX once again Credit to Lang Ping, her supporting staff and coaches and all the girls
The whole nation and all patriotic Chinese are behind you, always

Throughout our women's wonderful Volleyball journey in this Olympics, I think the most crucial match that help rebuild our confidence is the one against the reigning gold medalists, Brazil. We won at their own turf when our girls had also to fight off booing from the rowdy locals. The Nethedlands committed too many unforced errors particularly in serving. The Serbs had one or two big hitters but they seemed to have a nervous breakdown when we levelled the second set. From there on we never looked back and won the Gold Medals point from a Serbian gift set for our easy kill on a free ball

It is a gold medal that makes us very proud
Thank you our Women's Volleyball Team
and again Congratulations

Last edited:
There is no reason to be restricted to just badminton, weight lifting, diving and table tennis.

Rather than dominating and defending these areas, China needs to branch out. As @Economic superpower mentioned, rowing, canoeing and cycling have many medals on offer. Instead of being daunted, it should be seen as open ground for opportunity and success.

Poach medals from white dominated sports, poaching from black dominated sports is something else altogether Im afraid.

You're right. China must branch out to non-traditional sports.

But it is equally important to still dominate the traditional sports. Because if China slips in traditional sports but gains in new sports, there won't be a net gain overall.

I would target Swimming, Cycling, Rowing, Canoeing and Athletic Field events.

the men's volley team should emulate their women's team

Our Men's team is not as good as our women in volleyball
We are good for Asian Tournaments but we still have a long way to go in important world events
It's like our Men's basketball team, we have won the Asian Championships unprecedentedly for the 16th time but our team of most first-olympic timers did not perform well in Rio

You're right. China must branch out to non-traditional sports.

But it is equally important to still dominate the traditional sports. Because if China slips in traditional sports but gains in new sports, there won't be a net gain overall.

I would target Swimming, Cycling, Rowing, Canoeing and Athletic Field events.

Agreed
Our traditional sports strongholds are our foundation
We can also have a good shot at Taekwondo, judo, boxing, wrestling and even archery in which the S Koreans own this event

China ShangHai light for female volleyball winner

'Chinese Female Volleyball Spirit Forever ~!'
224127eq47poeppqaqpe4p.jpg

Back
Top Bottom