What's new

Rio Olympics 2016: Team China News and Images

His father is Chinese, mother is British.
He has been represented China as the only equestrian contestant since 2008 Beijing.

Thanks for the info bro! Though I don't usually want disturbance on existing demographics balance, it does make me think whether China should bring in a very small non-Chinese population to represent the country, only in sports events. Say African athletes.

Last edited:
Well....
American women's gymnastic team has 2 black, 1 Latino and 2 whites.....
The majority race can only has 40% representation in this Gold-winning team....

So, should all countries import black and whites?

Here is a chart...

View attachment 324731 View attachment 324732

Imagine.....in 2050, if US still exists....the majority races (hispanic +black) are better at sports and rap music than science, technology and innovation.....That country is still USA? Or Americano d'Africa and de Hispanic?

Sport is important, but compared to our economy, social security and safety on the street, not important at all!

View attachment 324733

@Götterdämmerung @mike2000 is back How is your team going?

This is a grossly racist stand that somehow blacks or hispanics are inherently criminals.

Thanks for the info bro! Though I don't usually want disturbance on existing demographics balance, it does make me think whether China should bring in a very small non-Chinese population to represent the country, only in sports events. Say African athletes.

Nathan Adrian (The great US swimmer won 2 gold in 2012 games, and 1 in 2016 with Michael Phelps) is also half Chinese half American. His mother is a Chinese from Hong Kong. Imagine him representing Hong Kong or China instead of the US.

nathan-adrian.jpg

Also, Siobhan Haughey representing Hong Kong

133563155_14082789666061n.jpg

Also representing Hong Kong in 2008 Beijing Game, Hannah Wilson

cc9475d5-cd74-48fc-9950-1a2de13edcb9.jpg

Not worth it. China must remain homogeneous and the general population's IQ must remain 106+ or higher. I rather have China have more patents, leaders in inventions, biotech, etc instead of a few more gold medals.

Plus with Olympic rules, it's not a matter of bringing in athletes than they go back. It's not mercenary rules! A person must declare citizenship of that country or born there.

Not worth it. China must remain homogeneous and the general population's IQ must remain 106+ or higher. I rather have China have more patents, leaders in inventions, biotech, etc instead of a few more gold medals.

Plus with Olympic rules, it's not a matter of bringing in athletes than they go back. It's not mercenary rules! A person must declare citizenship of that country or born there.
You are right.
Keep homogenous, don't let any non-ethinic-Chinese race ruin this country.
I don't want China to become USA 2050 because of some benefits on sport.

You are right.
Keep homogenous, don't let any non-ethinic-Chinese race ruin this country.
When I mean homogeneous I meant that current 55 ethnic minority can and should mix with Han. It's not in the best interest of China to bring in others just for the sake of a potential few more medals (assuming they can win).

Chinese athletes are very good now. I can imagine within the next decade with better training methods and bigger budget, expect more gold from homegrown Chinese athletes

When I mean homogeneous I meant that current 56 ethnic minority can and should mix with Han. It's not in the best interest of China to bring in others just for the sake of a potential few more medals (assuming they can win).

Chinese athletes are very good now. I can imagine within the next decade with better training methods and bigger budget, expect more gold from homegrown Chinese athletes

I totally agree with your point. Especially in swimming field, most middle schools, high schools specially in rural areas have not built indoor pool, in future, when we invest more money into education, every school or campus build a standard pool, our swimming will reach a higher level.

Sure you are right, the big picture is always of paramount importance. Keep the nation pure, after all human intelligence is key to progress of civilization. Moreover, safety on the streets are no less important, and we don't need net financial liabilities on public budgets.

Sure you are right, the big picture is always of paramount importance. Keep the nation pure, after all human intelligence is key to progress of civilization. Moreover, safety on the streets are no less important, and we don't need net financial liabilities on public budgets.
100% agree.
Civilisation is the foundation of our civilisation state.
Those 56 peoples who embrace our continuous culture are becoming stronger than ever with more and more talents discovered, in science, technology, music, literature and sport.

You are right about the safety on the street part....We don't need to import chaos on the street like those places in Europa and America.

Some games have just finished

Women's Volleyball
China: Puerto Rico 3:0
PHOTJB684aWjr1l9tMCHzH02160810.jpg

-------------------------------------------------

Table tennis semi final
China(Li Xiaoxia): Japan (Fukuhara) 4:0
China now has nailed a Gold and a Silver in the final.

Back
Top Bottom