What's new

Rio Olympics 2016: Team China News and Images

Ning did not make 100 finals. Gf is sad now

This is another case of not performing your best when it's most needed.

You have to peak at the right time.

Getting gold in world championships is irrelevant.

Olympic gold is when it matters. Thats when the world is watching.

Not even making the Olympic final for the current world champion is embarrassing. No sugar coating it.

Chinese relay teams didn't make the finals either. China got bronze in 2012.

China stays perfect with third diving gold medal

China's stretch of dominance in Olympic synchronized diving events continued on Tuesday when Chen Ruolin and Liu Huixia put on an impressive 354.00-point show for the gold medal.

Shi Zhiyong collects third weightlifting gold
China's Deng Wei breaks records for 63kg gold

China stays perfect with third diving gold medal

China's stretch of dominance in Olympic synchronized diving events continued on Tuesday when Chen Ruolin and Liu Huixia put on an impressive 354.00-point show for the gold medal.

Shi Zhiyong collects third weightlifting gold
China's Deng Wei breaks records for 63kg gold

Wu Minxia and Chen Ruolin
Diving Queen with 5 gold medals

---------------------------------------------------------------

Wu Minxia Earns Fifth Diving Gold, Most Ever

The Women’s synchronized 3m event concluded with China’s Wu Minxia and Shi Tingmao winning gold by a comfortable 32 points. They were followed by Tania Cagnotto and Francesca Dallapé of Italy taking the silver, and Maddison Keeney and Annabelle Smith of Australia bringing home the bronze.

This title will be Wu’s fifth Olympic gold, more golds then any other diver has won. She shared the previous record of four golds with five others; Fu Minxia (CHN), Chen Roulin (CHN), Guo Jingjing(CHN), Pat McCormick (USA), and Greg Louganis (USA). Wu also now holds the most gold medals in a single diving event.

Wu’s record breaking performance also ties her with Emilie Heymans (CAN), as the one of the only two women to have won diving medals in four separate Olympics. In addition, Wu is now the oldest woman to win a diving Olympic medal. The previous record holder was Micki King (USA), who won in 1972 when she was 28 years old.

Besides the gold medals, Wu also took the lead for most diving medals held by a woman. She was tied with Guo at six, but this new shiny gold brings her to a grand total of seven Olympic medals so far.

In an interview before competing, Wu commented in the South China Morning Post that she was “looking forward to perfection on [her] competition day.” With all those medals, Wu has made it as close to perfection as humanly possible.

China is now one step closer to their goal of sweeping all eight events, something that has never been done. Dining will resume tomorrow when the men take to the pool.

------------------------------------------------------------

5 Olympic gold medals in her career
Chen Ruolin makes perfection at Olympic Games

RIO DE JANEIRO, Aug. 9 (Xinhua) -- At the age of 23, Chen Ruolin has already become one of the best divers in history.

The Chinese has etched her name in the Olympic record books as she has won all her competition at Olympic Games.

Chen claimed her fifth Olympic gold medal on Tuesday with partner Liu Huixia by winning the women's 10-meter platform synchro with 354.00 points. Malaysia's Pandelela Rinong Pamg and Cheong Jun Hoong took silver with 344.34 points.

She made her Olympic debut at the age of 15. As the youngest diver in the team, Chen swept the individual and synchronised 10m platform titles in Beijing. Four years later, she repeated the feat in London.

Tuesday's gold gives her five career Olympic gold medals in five career events, evening her with countrywoman Wu Minxia for the most diving golds won by an individual in Olympics history.

"To me, Wu Minxia is so great, and I don't think I can compare with her," said the humble girl.

Wu took gold in the women's synchronized 3m springboard on Sunday alongside partner Shi Tingmao.

Chen, who was on the Chinese national diving team by age 11, has won every major titles awarded in the synchronized 10m platform event since 2006.

She had went through some difficult days. After the London Olympic Games, Chen had been bothered with injuries and felt confused about her future. She even thought about retirement.

She finished a disappointing 4th-place at the National Games in 2013, and was bored by training and competing.

Chen lost the chance to qualify for the individual platform at the 2015 World Championships due to her bad form, but she did find her form back and secured a berth to take part in the synchro event at Rio.

"It was very difficult," she shed into tears after Tuesday's final.

"It's hard to imagine how difficult it had been," she said. "I could not have regular training with injuries, and if I didn't train well, I could not perform my normal level. I almost gave up at that time, but our team leader helped me a lot. She talked with me and encouraged me."

Although already a veteran diver at Olympic Games, Chen still felt nervous.

"Today I am even more nervous than I was at the Beijing Games," she said. "Especially after the fourth dive. I felt tremendous pressure."

"I think it may be my last competition at Olympic Games, so I want it to be perfect," she added.

XxjspeE005042_20160810_BNMFN0A001_11n.jpg

Chen Ruolin, the new diving queen with her mother in Rio
U1Al-fxutfpk5095702.jpg
_Mte-fxutfpk5095990.jpg
P0DK-fxutfpf1673789.jpg

Yeah that is very bad and I hope he can learn the lesson that excessive photo-ops and commercial sponors are no substitues for hard training, physique building and improvement of techniques
Agree, he is too into entertainment industry and Weibo stuff.

------------------------------------------------------------

Hua Tian is only Chinese to compete in equestrian

W020160810557795321308.jpg

Another Chinese athlete carrying big expectations in Brazil is Alex Hua Tian. The 26-year-old born in England was the first to ever represent China in equestrian when he competed at the 2008 Beijing Olympics, and he is now Rio gearing up for his second Games.

The Olympic Equestrian Center in northern Rio boasts a new layout that opened last week. Around 200 riders and horses will be competing in three disciplines: dressage, jumping, and eventing, with individual and team competitions in each for a total of six gold medals. Training for eventing begins on August 1st, and the event features 64 competitors, including Hua Tian.

This will be Hua Tian's second Olympics, but the first for his horse Geniro, who is only nine years old and at the age limit for horses. Eventing will be held from August 6th to the 9th and the biggest challenge for Hua Tian and Geniro will be the second event, cross-country. At the 2008 Beijing Games, Hua Tian fell off his horse and pulled out of the competition, so this time the 26-year-old's goal is to make the most of the experience.

"This is my second Olympics, I think the most important thing for me is to be myself and enjoy Olympics," he said.

Hua Tian will be looking to add to his many accomplishments in Equestrian, such as being the youngest to ever compete in Eventing at the Olympics when he did so at 18 years old. And as the only Chinese competing in the sport at the Games, he will have the eyes of the most populous nation in the world focused on him when he takes the reins in Rio.

w570428.jpg
2kkv-fxutsmv0224819.png

Chinese breaks world record with 262kg total

Deng Wei is making her Olympic debut and her chances of claiming the gold in the 63 kilogram class would be improved when the world record holder from Chinese Taipei, Lin Tzu-Chi pulls out hours before the event. Deng would lift 115 kilograms in the snatch and then break her own world record in the clean and jerk with 147 kilograms for a new world record total of 262 kilograms and the gold medal.
2016081011185931772.jpg

23-year-old wins eighth gold medal for China

On the men's side, China's Shi Zhiyong would come out on top in the 69 kilogram division. The 23 year-old hoists 162 kilograms in the snatch and follows that with 190 kilograms in the clean and jerk for a total of 352 kilgograms to claim his first Olympic gold medal.
2016081011195821273.jpg

Biles leads USA to gold while Russia win silver

China would reach the podium in women's team gymnastics, but big mistakes would cost them the top spot as they have to settle for the bronze medal. The gold is claimed by the USA by a margin of over eight points on silver medalists Russia.
2016081011213970672.jpg

Rider gets best result ever for China in equestrian

And in equestrian, 26-year-old Chinese rider Alex Hua Tian takes eighth place in individual final. This is the best result for China ever in Olympic equestrian. Hua Tian was the first to ever represent China in the event when he competed at the 2008 Beijing Olympics. The champion went to Germany.
2016081011264277483.jpg

Hua Tian is only Chinese to compete in equestrian

View attachment 324698

Another Chinese athlete carrying big expectations in Brazil is Alex Hua Tian. The 26-year-old born in England was the first to ever represent China in equestrian when he competed at the 2008 Beijing Olympics, and he is now Rio gearing up for his second Games.

The Olympic Equestrian Center in northern Rio boasts a new layout that opened last week. Around 200 riders and horses will be competing in three disciplines: dressage, jumping, and eventing, with individual and team competitions in each for a total of six gold medals. Training for eventing begins on August 1st, and the event features 64 competitors, including Hua Tian.

This will be Hua Tian's second Olympics, but the first for his horse Geniro, who is only nine years old and at the age limit for horses. Eventing will be held from August 6th to the 9th and the biggest challenge for Hua Tian and Geniro will be the second event, cross-country. At the 2008 Beijing Games, Hua Tian fell off his horse and pulled out of the competition, so this time the 26-year-old's goal is to make the most of the experience.

"This is my second Olympics, I think the most important thing for me is to be myself and enjoy Olympics," he said.

Is he minority or Han mix with others?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom