What's new

RIA Novosti: Pakistan intends to purchase Russian tanks T-90

I will check on type 99A if I have a chance, those blur picture can't prove anything.

By the way, what tank is the in picture you upload?

Type96A if I remember correctly. It’s the gunners seat.

Here is what I mean by commander hatches being convex, they often don’t actually even close plush with the roof, instead they have outer grooves around the outer rim of the hatch:

41FE9D71-0E45-4884-B21B-F672C8E16997.jpeg

@UserUnknown2025

This is the drivers hatch thickness of T-90. Notice what you thought was part of the roof is clearly not.

103E03DC-B453-4887-9E3A-EEFDE0FDBDA2.png

I absolutely agree.

It'll be awesome if pakistan actually does end up buying it.
Though a very good system, T-90 has been outperformed numerous times by Arjun.
Maybe the corrupt decision makers in India will get a right clean bamboo if this news materializes, alas, if wishes were horses.

Wow, so your army is buying a weapon system in big numbers that was outperformed by your so called indigenous system which the army doesnt want to buy.

Logic goes down the drain.

First, the news took it too far. Then, Ukrainians have problems producing the Oplot M in numbers for reasons known to all. The VT-4 despite having some improvements in armor, engine and especially the FCS/ netcentric enhancements, it has some issues. During peak summer (60 degree celsius) in the Thar and Cholistan region, the engine is still causing trouble.

As far as i know, a customized version of T-90 was to be included as a contender and be sent to Pakistan for trials. That's it and there is nothing wrong in it.

HIT is having trouble increasing the production of AK-1 in numbers as the Operation against terrorists continue to consume a decent slice of the budget. Last year, they produced some 20 odd pieces, less than half of their current capacity of around 60 per year.

Last edited:
IMO, between Oplot and T-90, PA should go for T-90 if it is available. besides the concern of production rate and quality, i really doubt whether Ukraine is able to keep up with technological development in the next decade, and it will leave you less choice for upgrade in the future. anyway, i believe PA can choose a the most suitable tank.

I’m not sure why people on here often accuse Russia of some sort of blackmail, leverage, ect.

Remember how Russia was accused of lying about the SU-35 deal? I remember all the insults and name calling and for what?

I’m not a spokesperson for Russia but Russia has good relations with Pakistan and if Russia wants to offer some systems they are free. There is no blackmail, it’s business. Russia sells weapons to more than half the world, they don’t become one of the top weapons sellers by doing nothing.

Actually there are top attack missiles such as Javelins. In urban warfare tanks also often get targeted from high building and aircraft often attack tanks.

Looks like a missile attacking a hatch:

View attachment 464564

Is that supposed to be an insult or a ‘one up’? US aircraft also use some Chinese components and US rockets and satellites us Russian components. I can guarantee that half of the chips in Chinese products come from abroad. Chinese supercomputers use American made chip.

It’s a globalized world, if something can be had faster, for cheaper and it is equivalent or better then it will be had. There is not one country on this earth that uses 100% indigenous products.

Mmm US banned the sales of any advanced intel/amd processors to china.

They used their own homegrown chips.
Info is available everywhere

Mmm US banned the sales of any advanced intel/amd processors to china.

They used their own homegrown chips.
Info is available everywhere

Mmm, I clearly mentioned that with a link if you would have payed any attention.

Wow, so your army is buying a weapon system in big numbers that was outperformed by your so called indigenous system which the army doesnt want to buy.

Logic goes down the drain.

Maybe stop once to consider that what you call "logic" might just be confirmation bias.

There is a whole issue of bureaucracy, faulty GSQRs, DPPs and corruption that needs to be brought forward before we even bother answering your rhetorical question above.

But lets go with the established facts, being Arjuns outperforming T-90s and that they were handicapped purposefully by IA to give T-90s an edge.

6LE0Qcf.png

First, the news took it too far. Then, Ukrainians have problems producing the Oplot M in numbers for reasons known to all. The VT-4 despite having some improvements in armor, engine and especially the FCS/ netcentric enhancements, it has some issues. During peak summer (60 degree celsius) in the Thar and Cholistan region, the engine is still causing trouble.

As far as i know, a customized version of T-90 was to be included as a contender and be sent to Pakistan for trials. That's it and there is nothing wrong in it.

HIT is having trouble increasing the production of AK-1 in numbers as the Operation against terrorists continue to consume a decent slice of the budget. Last year, they produced some 20 odd pieces, less than half of their current capacity of around 60 per year.

The news did took it too far, of course we can't say for sure if Russia was really willing to sell T-90s to pakistan or if this was an excercise at countering the news of Arjun Mk2s which were coming in steady frequency since the August of last year.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom