What's new

RIA Novosti: Pakistan intends to purchase Russian tanks T-90

So now ur down to abusing that won't help make ur case. N o I don't need to google it read or listen to any expert on this theres no way any tank is better in any way to the t90. you should carry out some research and then compare. You keep forgetting its Russia we r talking about and the t90's SPECS have been confirmed in battle with all the proof you need. plz explain to me how any tank forget the Pakistani has an edge?

So you’ve got nothing but rants?

And we aren’t getting any t-90s.. you can write that on stone..

And what battle proof do you talk of?
Plenty of T-90s have been blown to bits in Syria,Georgia and even Ukraine.

74027BB5-4665-44D4-881C-103A0C24AF7A.jpeg
53E46E86-1390-47AC-AE0B-A841A15A7A4A.jpeg

53A2EC77-B53B-4154-9755-E1B13D5A8C01.jpeg
83BA2A90-FEAA-48F8-BED4-7DC21CD3E167.jpeg
EA3E009F-FAE3-46E9-859D-09B6E5E37973.jpeg

If such sources are to be believed than Pak is even “buying” T-55s from Serbia lmao.

Again, I talk with hard facts not nonsense.

You clam AK is a soviet tank? Does your highness know the difference between western and Asian tank philosophies?

Or the fact that the T-90 is an upgraded T-72.. a tank they upgraded/produced after the T-80 (most advanced tank ever produced by USSR) was found too expensive and more..

Or what happened to the indian T-90s in the last Tank Biathlon.
Or how the indian t-90s suffer from heating and other issues ? (india bought them to counter Paks UD purchase).

i think that t-90 is much better choice than any other tanks whether it is al khalid haider or oplot.pakistan should buy t-90 in large numbers and stop all process of making tanks at home.i don't see any future of tanks in the upcoming years.pakistan should better invest on attack helicopters and military equipment transport planes.

i think that t-90 is much better choice than any other tanks whether it is al khalid haider or oplot.pakistan should buy t-90 in large numbers and stop all process of making tanks at home.i don't see any future of tanks in the upcoming years.pakistan should better invest on attack helicopters and military equipment transport planes.
To give up the entire tank industry Pakistan has built up so far?

Chinese tanks also broke down in the biathalon but it doesn’t change the fact that every year Modern Chinese tanks lose in practically every category to T-72s and T-90s.

Iraq operates more advanced T-90s then Russia. Every time there is word of Russia selling equipment to a country many people are quick to dismiss it as marketing, remember the SU-35 deal with China or the S-400 deal with Turkey? Why would russia indulge in something as petty as false rumors? There is a reason they are one of the top military suppliers in the world.

All the talk about the T-90 being easy to destroy is just talk. Show a video of some modern Chinese tank or Al-Khalid surviving direct hits from modern TOW ATGMs and surviving like the T-90.

Appearently you missed the part where modern Chinese tanks also broke down and lost every year....
Can you offer T90A?

I think it's T90MS?

Let's be very clear that T90A is a updated version of T90s.

As to the tank competition, no one can bring the trophy away in Russia.

Last edited:

View attachment 464364 View attachment 464365

View attachment 464367 View attachment 464366 View attachment 464368

If such sources are to be believed than Pak is even “buying” T-55s from Serbia lmao.

You clam AK is a soviet tank? Does your highness know the difference between western and Asian tank philosophies?

Or the fact that the T-90 is an upgraded T-72.. a tank they upgraded/produced after the T-80 (most advanced tank ever produced by USSR) was found too expensive and more..

Or how the indian t-90s suffer from heating and other issues ? (india bought them to counter Paks UD purchase).
What rants I'm asking you and u haven't answered yet.. my claims can be searched and read again I didn't say that AK was a soviet design or whatever. let me tell you a fact the t90 was never used in Georgia or Ukraine there were reports by the western MSM of Sightings of the t90 other than that Nothing. If you have evidence of the t90 in combat action and destruction then plz show. Most of Those pics r from isis social media cell when they and the the other militants claimed they had destroyed a t90 although later it was debunked and once a russian tank was destroyed but it was a non-upgraded t72. Go look at the results of those competitions, articles written on the t90's performance in those competitions and simulations carried out by others of this tank and stop giving ur verdict coz u saw a video where it had a malfunction of soughts or some technical issue. If we start giving verdicts coz we saw some weapon system in flames is beyond idiocy. BTW our defence minister was giving an interview and confirming-like many times before this time to Sputnik- Pakistan would be acquiring tanks, this time also naming the tank

Combat use[edit]
An early variant of the export-oriented T-90S allegedly saw combat action during the 1999 Chechen invasion of Dagestan instead of being delivered to India. According to Moscow Defence Brief, one vehicle was hit by seven RPG anti-tank rockets but remained in action. The journal concluded that with regular equipment, the upgraded T-90 seems to be the best protected Russian tank, especially with the implementation of Shtora-1 and Arenadefensive systems.[14]

The T-90A was deployed to Syria in 2015 to support the Russian involvement in the Syrian Civil War[15]. In early February 2016, Syrian Army forces began using T-90As in combat[16]. In late February, a video was leaked on the internet which showed a T-90 survive a direct frontal turret hit by a TOW-2Amissile in Aleppo.[17]. In November 2017, it was reported a T-90 had been destroyed by Islamic State militants in Syria[18].
Protection
During a reported test conducted by the Russian military in 1999 the T-90 was exposed to a variety of RPG, ATGM and APFSDS munitions. When equipped with Kontakt-5 ERA the T-90 could not be penetrated by any of the APFSDS or ATGM used during the trial and outperformed a T-80U which also took part.[55][56] During combat operations in Dagestan, there were witness accounts of one T-90 sustaining seven hits from RPGs, and remaining in action.[57]

T-90MS mounts the more advanced "Relikt" ERA.[58][59] Relikt defends against tandem warheads and reduces penetration of APFSDS rounds by over 50 percent.[60] Relict can be installed instead of Kontakt-1/Kontakt-5.[61]
BTW the t90 is based on the t72 platform and the latest version is a much heavily upgraded version if you were to say of the t72. Now u want me to believe that India bought the t90, spent billions of dollars, so much time, resources, bought it in large number, further upgrading it and its the mainstay of their army JUST TOO COUNTER the T80U which they could have easily bought. CLAPPINGS and hats off to you for coming with this theory.

1498582501.jpg

© РИА Новости / Павел Лисицын Перейти в фотобанк

МОСКВА, 5 апр — РИА Новости. Власти Пакистана заинтересованы в заключении долгосрочного соглашения на приобретение российских танков Т-90, заявил РИА Новости министр обороны страны Хуррам Дастгир Хан.

"Мы заинтересованы в танках T-90 и это не будет одноразовой покупкой, а будет долгосрочным обязательством", — сказал Хуррам Дастгир Хан.

Ранее Исламабад заявлял, что намерен наращивать военно-техническое сотрудничество с Москвой и изучает различные системы российских вооружений для новых закупок, в том числе танки Т-90.

Соглашение о сотрудничестве в оборонной сфере между Пакистаном и РФ было подписано в Исламабаде во время визита министра обороны Сергея Шойгу в ноябре 2014 года. В данный момент Москва поставила пакистанской стороне партию ударных вертолетов Ми-35.

Source:https://ria.ru/defense_safety/20180405/1518017837.html
Why we are purchasing when we can produce tank our self?I think commission like Augusta

If it's T90S coming, the possibility of taking bribe is high.

If it's T90A coming, Russia will loose the whole India market.

Maybe Pakistan want to drive a wedge between Russia and India, who knows?

if India keeps belittling PAKFA and shrinks it's order, Russia might offer Su35 to Pakistan. I think Indians will seriously consider the consequences.

if India keeps belittling PAKFA and shrinks it's order, Russia might offer Su35 to Pakistan. I think Indians will seriously consider the consequences.

It's the other way round bro. Father Russia shoving the big dildo up Mother Indias behind.

It's the other way round bro. Father Russia shoving the big dildo up Mother Indias behind.
I think India is trying to get away with Russian weapon system, after so many years they are bled white. No one wanna be taken for a ride forever.

The possibility of India going for F35A or F18 is high.

At the same time, India is still on fence. Cause the price pay to offend Russia is just too high.

Meanwhile Russia will tell India: it's fine PAF get Su35 cause you gonna get PAKFA soon.

As China is decreasing it's weapon import from Russia annually, India is the last big market they have to persue.

They don't like each other, but they can't Leave each other.

And tell you what, I'm gonna enjoy the show.

The issue isn't selling to Pakistan. If hard cash is involved, then Russia will make it work regardless of what India thinks or does. But with Pakistan it isn't cash which is the issue, but the fact that we'll 100% ask for a line-of-credit or loan to back any deal. This is especially the case with Russia, which we don't know much about as a supplier and might be more risk-averse (on top of being broke). So with Pakistan, Russia has to go out on a limb, and the payoff will be upsetting India. The only way this can happen is if India has already done something to upset Russia.

True, that's why we are expressing intentions to help Pakistan to overcome this challenge. Don't you think that ISIS would spare Pakistan, remember TTP?
This is the true face of Americans, you work with them, you lose your independence and also safety of your borders. I have hope for an alliance between Iran russia and Pakistan, we did it with turkey russia, now it's your turn to end American presence in the region. Sauds helped them to spread extremism in the region, not by their own will, they have to give lip service to Americans, we have to save their *** as it seems. Yemen disaster is also an American plan, if we kicked Americans out of the region, that conflict will end too. If you look well, every problem in the region is steaming from American presence in our region and it's lap dog israel.

@Maarkhoor
The last off topic

It increasingly looks America is Israel's lapdog.

The issue isn't selling to Pakistan. If hard cash is involved, then Russia will make it work regardless of what India thinks or does. But with Pakistan it isn't cash which is the issue, but the fact that we'll 100% ask for a line-of-credit or loan to back any deal. This is especially the case with Russia, which we don't know much about as a supplier and might be more risk-averse (on top of being broke). So with Pakistan, Russia has to go out on a limb, and the payoff will be upsetting India. The only way this can happen is if India has already done something to upset Russia.
The world is so realistic brother! But still I think Pakistan can afford to buy Su35 in cash.

Stop posting nonsense which includes staged ISIS propaganda. Show me a single Al-Khalid surviving a direct hit from a TOW then come and bash the T-90. Here is some background on your claims and pictures in order.

1. The first picture is from a tank that was captured and blown up by Isis for propoganda purposes, Tiger Forces claimed it was just an upgraded T-72.

https://mobile.almasdarnews.com/article/busted-isis-pretends-destroy-syrian-t-90-tank-blowing-tank/

2. The second picture is a famous T-90 that survived a Hit from a TOW with no penetration.

3. Unknown tank, probably T-72 from Ukraine.

4. Turret from the same tank you posted in the first picture. You are reposting multiple pictures of ISIS propaganda claiming it to be different tanks.

5. T-72

No T-90 was used in Georgia or Ukraine—ever. The T-80 was never more advanced then the T-72. Apart from engine and auto loader both tanks had identical or very similar features in fact the T-90 which you claim is just a T-72 upgrade has a far thicker turret. From combat experience T-80 engines had a tendancy to burst into flames when hit in the engine and they consumed too much fuel, thus Russia preferred T-72s. In other words Russia used both T-80s and T-72s in combat and think that T-72s are better.

In testing the T-90 had far superior armor compared to the T-80. It withstood being penatrated more often then the T-80.

http://fofanov.armor.kiev.ua/Tanks/TRIALS/19991020.html

Modern T-90Ms are said to use the Armata cannon which is said to have a muzzle velocity that far exceeds even the Rhenmetal 120mm.

No Al-Khalid is in no way better then a T-90SM even modern Chinese tanks are constantly beaten by T72s and T-90s in the tank biathalon each year. Let’s be honest the Al-Khalid is not better then modern Chinese tanks yet those same Chinese tanks have lack luster performance.

If you consider a slightly more powerful engine which consumes enououse amounts of fuel and is volunerable to fire then yes the Al-Khalid is better.

Stop posting nonsense which includes staged ISIS propaganda. Show me a single Al-Khalid surviving a direct hit from a TOW then come and bash the T-90. Here is some background on your claims and pictures in order.

1. The first picture is from a tank that was captured and blown up by Isis for propoganda purposes, Tiger Forces claimed it was just an upgraded T-72.

https://mobile.almasdarnews.com/article/busted-isis-pretends-destroy-syrian-t-90-tank-blowing-tank/

2. The second picture is a famous T-90 that survived a Hit from a TOW with no penetration.

3. Unknown tank, probably T-72 from Ukraine.

4. Turret from the same tank you posted in the first picture. You are reposting multiple pictures of ISIS propaganda claiming it to be different tanks.

5. T-72

No T-90 was used in Georgia or Ukraine—ever. The T-80 was never more advanced then the T-72. Apart from engine and auto loader both tanks had identical or very similar features in fact the T-90 which you claim is just a T-72 upgrade has a far thicker turret. From combat experience T-80 engines had a tendancy to burst into flames when hit in the engine and they consumed too much fuel, thus Russia preferred T-72s. In other words Russia used both T-80s and T-72s in combat and think that T-72s are better.

In testing the T-90 had far superior armor compared to the T-80. It withstood being penatrated more often then the T-80.

http://fofanov.armor.kiev.ua/Tanks/TRIALS/19991020.html

Modern T-90Ms are said to use the Armata cannon which is said to have a muzzle velocity that far exceeds even the Rhenmetal 120mm.

No Al-Khalid is in no way better then a T-90SM even modern Chinese tanks are constantly beaten by T72s and T-90s in the tank biathalon each year. Let’s be honest the Al-Khalid is not better then modern Chinese tanks yet those same Chinese tanks have lack luster performance.

If you consider a slightly more powerful engine which consumes enououse amounts of fuel and is volunerable to fire then yes the Al-Khalid is better.
Move your so call tank competition to China, I promise you can't get away with anything. I don't want to mention those tricks you play in the game to snub other team especially China.

Russian tank was not the best in the world, is not, and will not.

I don't even borther to look at your Amarta tanks, so as T50.

Move your so call tank competition to China, I promise you can't get away with anything. I don't want to mention those tricks you play in the game to snub other team especially China.

Russian tank was not the best in the world, is not, and will not.

I don't even borther to look at your Amarta tanks, so as T50.

Exact how has Russia cheated in the tank competition? Did they cause Chinese tanks to magically run slower? Did they cause Chinese tanks to miss and breakdown and lose a wheel? The excuses are petty, the entire competition is filmed from all angles, not sure how anyone would be able to “cheat”.

As for the T-50 and and Armata, you don’t know anything about either of the two, just fanboy speculation. The fact that the T-14 has an unmanned turret coupled with an active and passive protection system already puts it lightyears ahead of existing tanks in survivability. In other words if an IED blows off a turret from a Chinese tank, the crew is dead, if an ATGM penatrated the turret or any part of any Chinese tank the crew is likely dead or badly injured. The crew of the Armata sit in a well protected capsule around the glacius which is the most protected area of any tank.

The T-14 has a far superior gun to anything in China or the west, far superior engine (China cannot even get a good engine for Z-10). The list is long. Name one feature that China has on its tanks that is better then the T-14. Can you name anything?

And the fact that you ‘thanked’ someone for posting ISIS propaganda where they captured a T-72 and blew it up for propaganda shows you are not only clueless but desperate just to start a sneer campaign, which you do every time the Al-Khalid is mentioned anyways. Even worse is that you thanks a guy that claimed T-90s were blown up in Georgia, Chechen and Ukraine which is false and zero proof exists for those claims. In fact no T-90s have even seen battle in Ukraine or Georgia.

Last edited:
Whether or not this news about the T-90 for pakistan is true, the fact remains that we face a huge threat from india in terms of the large number of modern and upgraded tanks they already have or are in the process of getting. And an even bigger threat in terms of the Apache attack helicopters they are getting with advances Hellfire missiles and longbow radars. We need to respond tho this threat and expedite our efforts to get more advanced tanks in our arsenal, be they Alkhalid-2 , VT-4, Oplot or T-90!

Acquiring good numbers of AH-1Z(if they come) and T-129's won't hurt either.

Back
Top Bottom