What's new

Revealed: Govt decides to ban Haqqani Network, JuD

If true, it's a step forward and one that we must appreciate. If we don't respond positively to progressive moves from the Pakistani side, they have no incentive to move forward on issues that concern us. Again, if this is true, it shows that the joint statement that Obama and Modi issued about tackling terrorism together seems to have borne fruit. I can't imagine this happening without some American pressure, particularly with regard to JuD.

That is the general Pakistani SOP.

1. Ban them,
2. tell them to change their name. A new "Islamic charity" will emerge, which they will defend for several years.
3.Then when international pressure piles up, ban it
4.and again give it a new name which works for a several years more.
And in between 2 and 4, a few thousand Pakistani civilians pay the ultimate price for the govt policy of encouraging extremism/terrorism against its neighbors.

good move, just hope the old 'change name and business as usual' strategy won't work anymore.

Instead of banning them , why not give them warnings and negative points? :o:

Just a question is this the norm here to take anything positive and look at it with a cynical view. Post and then bash the country?

Just a question is this the norm here to take anything positive and look at it with a cynical view. Post and then bash the country?
Credibility has a big role to play in such cases. Past frauds make honest attempts that much more difficult to be accepted. After all, fool me once, shame on you.. fool me twice, shame on me..

Instead of banning them , why not give them warnings and negative points? :o:
truly :rofl:

Credibility has a big role to play in such cases. Past frauds make honest attempts that much more difficult to be accepted. After all, fool me once, shame on you.. fool me twice, shame on me..
if you have been following the news the last few weeks some very important Al Qaeda members have been killed or captured which are part of the subcontinent Al Qaeda which was mainly targeting India...

if you have been following the news the last few weeks some very important Al Qaeda members have been killed or captured which are part of the subcontinent Al Qaeda which was mainly targeting India...
Nope.. After Illiyas Kashmiri, there has been no terrorists killed in Pakistan who have targeted india. Even Illiyas Kashmiri was killed by a US drone and not Pakistan forces.

Nope.. After Illiyas Kashmiri, there has been no terrorists killed in Pakistan who have targeted india. Even Illiyas Kashmiri was killed by a US drone and not Pakistan forces.
look we already are preparing for the worst both nations let us hope for the best also

Ajit Doval is responsible for this ban. His malicious intentions are now exposed for all to see. Ajit Doval is against any charity work in Pakistan. Hence he conspired with the US and UN to pressure Pakistan to ban it. I have seen it with my own eyes.

Back
Top Bottom