What's new

"Resistance 2.0." - Battle for Panjshir begins - Taliban claims victory

Seems like the Taliban have made great progress overnight, cant post the graphic contents.

Keep us posted. Thanks.
Generally, Taliban leadership don't make as much tall claims as their opponents do. So the Taliban claim of military gain are more credible to me than the Indian-originated Panjshir resistance claims like '300 Taliban killed'.

Keep us posted. Thanks.
Generally, Taliban leadership don't make as much tall claims as their opponents do. So the Taliban claim of military gain are more credible to me than the Indian-originated Panjshir resistance claims like '300 Taliban killed'.

I believe that Taliban are doing some very selective types of limited attacks, instead of going Blitzkrieg, in the hope, that at any stage, resistance forces, loosing hope, surrender. To me, it seem to be appropriate policy, in order to avoid too much unnecessary bloodshed.

Last edited:
Pakistan's Indus News latest coverage of the Panjshir conflict. Notice that even though Pakistan's interest lies in the Taliban getting the situation under control in one way or another, the coverage by this Pakistani media is balanced. And now contrast this with the Indian media's coverage of this conflict--shameful and full of lies!

Seems the thread starter or the mods changes the title of Panjshir falling in 4 hours. It's been now a week. It's on the side of Taliban now to agree for a peaceful transition without bloodshed.

Seems the thread starter or the mods changes the title of Panjshir falling in 4 hours. It's been now a week. It's on the side of Taliban now to agree for a peaceful transition without bloodshed.

Panjshir has fallen more or less now it took 3 days. Saleh has fled to Tajikstan reports came in 2 hours ago

Pajeet, the title was 4 hours ultimatum of surrender not of falling. This is not an Indian media website.

The early part of this Al Jazeera video shows a town--the only entry point town into Panjshir Valley-- which was in the NRF control on Tuesday has fallen to the Taliban since then. I trust Al Jazeera coverage.

out of curiosity when Pakistani army could not govern Pakistan properly why would they do any better job with Afghanistan ? @Meengla
Bhai.
It is not the fact that the army has never governed well. In fact Pakistan has seen a lot of stability under army rule. There have been 2 major problems. The army has with the exception of Bhutto not carried out a sweep and culling of thieves like Zardari and Ganja shareef and in its own ranks. This has allowed the same old faces to wash away their sins and come in with a cleaner image. This is what has harmed the politics more than anything else.
Under a political government public decides the fate of crooks like Zardari and Nawaz Shareef but it needs someone at the top to be efficient at running affairs.
As to the role of Army anywhere in the world including in India it is a pressure group. Just like any pressure group it has its own perceptions regarding where money should be spent. The deep state in the US is a combination of the armed forces defence intelligence agencies and defence conglomerate. Pakisgan does not have that but the army still wants to "manage" affairs in the background. This is true for many other countries in the world.
A

Back
Top Bottom