What's new

Report: Israel preparing bank of targets against Syrian opposition

Will Golan be negotiated of Assad falls?

They don't need to target anybody, no one needs Lebanon engulfed in civil war. Starting a struggle with Israel is not something Syrian opposition can do alone. It would need backing of Arab world. This doesn't just mean material suppprt, there needs to be spiritual support. Which is something not likely to come from so called 'Muslim' scholars anytime soon. So only case is if they're dragged into a struggle. And if they are then they must be supported. No excuses are needed.

After what Hezb has done and is doing, how do you expect they will be left alone? There will not be a need for a new civil war in Lebanon, if Hezb melts away. The offender is this Iranian proxy org, not the Shia population of Lebanon, many of whom have been forced to go along with this fascist org.

You have got one thing right, no great, world or regional power wants Sunni's to become dominant or have the chance to unite. Sunni population is 1.4 billion and will rise to 3 - 3.6 billion by 2100. Arab Sunnis are a good 25-30% of this population now, but the growth in population will be mainly among Black Muslims in sub-saharan Africa. This large global population, if they have some kind of unity, led by some powerful large Sunni majority countries, will be threatening for the interest of all major powers of the world. So obviously all great powers will want to help anyone who can prevent this from happening and guess who fits this spoiler role perfectly, Iran of course, the pretender and the nervous busybody.

Assad loosing will be the end of an era that started with Sykes Picot and French rule that elevated these Alawites to their current position. So this is a positive thing for the Sunni Muslim world, including Palestine. It will be good for Sunni Arab unity and which in turn will be good for the Sunni Muslim world. It will also mean more negotiating power for Palestinian rights with Israel.

Al Qaeda affiliated Nusra and groups with Qaeda traits such as Ahrar al sham, Ansar al Deen, Jund al Aqsa also have the intent to destabilize Arabic countries like Jordan and Lebanon, something that is evident in their rhetoric. Sunni Arab Governments are also preparing themselves and making floodgates to keep those factions from creating civil wars and chaos in their countries, and to prevent another bloodbath.

Two dozen Syria groups on UAE terror list | News , Middle East | THE DAILY STAR

Al Qaeda affiliated Nusra and groups with Qaeda traits such as Ahrar al sham, Ansar al Deen, Jund al Aqsa also have the intent to destabilize Arabic countries like Jordan and Lebanon, something that is evident in their rhetoric. Sunni Arab Governments are also preparing themselves and making floodgates to keep those factions from creating civil wars and chaos in their countries, and to prevent another bloodbath.

So Nusra, Ahrar al sham, Ansar al Deen, Jund al Aqsa etc are bad for tin pot puppet dictatorships like Jordan but good for Syria and Yemen. See the hypocrisy? They support these groups abroad, but are terrified of living under them at home.

Most people are confident in their statements that opposition factions will enter Lebanon to go after Hezbollah. I don't know if that is guaranteed or not. I personally believe it won't happen, but that would be most likely thing to happen after further infighting if Assad fell. As for Jordan, I don't think anyone cares about the Jordanian monarchy. I will laugh it off if they do get toppled. On serious note, it's not possible trying to marginilize groups such as Nusra, Ahrar or Jund al Aqsa and others without a massive ground invasion.

So Nusra, Ahrar al sham, Ansar al Deen, Jund al Aqsa etc are bad for tin pot puppet dictatorships like Jordan but good for Syria and Yemen. See the hypocrisy? They support these groups abroad, but are terrified of living under them at home.
Clearly no one wants those particular groups to come out on top and the nationalist rebels to be failures. Don't believe every propaganda stories you hear or read about alleged foreign support to jihadist factions.

Most people are confident in their statements that opposition factions will enter Lebanon to go after Hezbollah. I don't know if that is guaranteed or not. I personally believe it won't happen, but that would be most likely thing to happen after further infighting if Assad fell. As for Jordan, I don't think anyone cares about the Jordanian monarchy. I will laugh it off if they do get toppled. On serious note, it's not possible trying to marginilize groups such as Nusra, Ahrar or Jund al Aqsa and others without a massive ground invasion.
I don't foresee any ground invasion in the near future. Air-strikes against AQ affiliates & Khorasan remnants looks like the most likely scenario.

Clearly no one wants those particular groups to come out on top and the nationalist rebels to be failures. Don't believe every propaganda stories you hear or read about alleged foreign support to jihadist factions.
everyone should believe you for sure :welcome:

There is talk of Israel going in to protect the Druze in Suwayda?

In fact one Israeli paper claimed Israel actually relayed a message to Nusra telling them to back off or they'll get smacked about.

Not sure if I believe it, but the Druze in Israel are lobbying the government to help the Druze in Syria.

I don't foresee any ground invasion in the near future. Air-strikes against AQ affiliates & Khorasan remnants looks like the most likely scenario.

Air strikes in post Assad area means war, I'm sure Jordan will be targeted in that case if such strikes don't come to an end.

He is actually spokesman of IDF so it is official news, as Israeli member here confirms....full translation:

Israel prepares for a post-Assad phase in neighboring Syria - ARA News

Beirut, Lebanon – Spokesman for the Israel Defense Forces (IDF), Alon Ben-David, said Sunday that the military intelligence service are working on the preparation of a list of targets that are likely to be struck inside Syria, after a possible fall of the Assad regime.

Israel is concerned about the opposition party that may replace Assad regime in case of the latter’s downfall.

In remarks published by the Israeli newspaper of Maariv, in its Sunday’s edition, Ben-David said that the leadership of the Israeli Air Force, in cooperation with the Military Intelligence Service, is working on setting a list of targets to be struck in case jihadists take over power in Syria.

Ben-David also stressed in his remarks that the pro-Assad Iranian Revolutionary Guard and Lebanese Hezbollah militia have recently failed to make any progress in southern Syria.

He pointed out that the Syrian regime and the ruling elite are only in control of a few neighborhoods of the capital Damascus, which turned into an easy target for the armed opposition’s attacks, forcing many of the Alawite families (of the Assad sect) residing in Damascus to move toward the coastal region.

“The Israeli military intelligence confirms that the Lebanese Hezbollah and the Iranian Revolutionary Guard’s ability to protect the Syrian regime has dramatically declined, making the Israeli military command more cautious of a sudden fall of the Syrian regime which will let battle-hardened jihadist groups rule near the Israeli border,” Ben-David added.

Back
Top Bottom