What's new

Rents soar in Rawalpindi with influx of Afghan refugees

Conveniently, India does not share a border with Afghanistan. First destination for refugees is typically the border states and Pakistan picked the winning lottery. Also, thanks to Pakistan for protecting India's border from influx of refugee population :enjoy:
Conveniently Mother India continues to offer her busom to Afghanistan on social media to feign optics meanwhile maintaining a toxic policy of border control whilst continuing to lambaste Pakistan on the same in the recent UNHCR conference.

Literally if you googled hypocrisy - you would find an image of Modi's India...

Please don't thank Pakistan. Just accept your share of refugees as a responsible neighbouring nation as repeatedly pressed on by the UNHCR.

For this reason alone, Pakistan has every single right on every inch of Afghan soil, All their natural resources should only be used by Pakistan. If our people were smart, they'd use all these situations to slowly but surely grab all their natural and human resources.
Yes, indeed I was expecting Pakistan to take over Afghanistan after America's haphazardous exit. But surprisingly, Pakistan has not been able to control Taliban administration the way that I was expecting it to despite having placed the Haqqani's at the King's table.

Recently however, Pakistan has been able to negotiate PKR based coal trade arrangement with Afghanistan. So you can feel good about that progress :cheers:

For this reason alone, Pakistan has every single right on every inch of Afghan soil, All their natural resources should only be used by Pakistan. If our people were smart, they'd use all these situations to slowly but surely grab all their natural and human resources.
Pakistanis are like crabs - whenever one tries to climb to the top, the others pull him down and there is a lesson in this with a view to April 2021 and Sarena hotel.

If only Pakistani leadership had foresight and presence of mind to actually cash in on the cards dealt to them.

Conveniently Mother India continues to offer her busom to Afghanistan on social media to feign optics meanwhile maintaining a toxic policy of border control whilst continuing to lambaste Pakistan on the same in the recent UNHCR conference.

Literally if you googled hypocrisy - you would find an image of Modi's India...

Please don't thank Pakistan. Just accept your share of refugees as a responsible neighbouring nation as repeatedly pressed on by the UNHCR.
1. Social media Afghans are not likely to come as refugees into Pakistan. They live overseas or possibly in Kabul. You are barking at the wrong tree by blaming the wrong set of Afghans.

2. Hypocrisy is the natural for all countries and people. One is either naive or ignorant to think that oneself or one's country is not hypocritic. :coffee:

1. Social media Afghans are not likely to come as refugees into Pakistan. You are barking at the wrong tree by blaming the wrong set of Afghans.

2. Hypocrisy is the natural for all countries and people. One is either naive or ignorant to think that oneself or one's country is not hypocritic. :coffee:
India has been the biggest hypocrite in this entire sordid affair. Refer back to my post about "optics".

As usual India doing topi drama - a skill the are experts at. As for blaming afghans, don't pontificate, you can have that right when you step up and accept Afghan refugees like you promised in 2021.

Yes, indeed I was expecting Pakistan to take over Afghanistan after America's haphazardous exit. But surprisingly, Pakistan has not been able to control Taliban administration the way that I was expecting it to despite having placed the Haqqani's at the King's table.

Recently however, Pakistan has been able to negotiate PKR based coal trade arrangement with Afghanistan. So you can feel good about that progress :cheers:

Only if "Pakistani"s were smart they could pull such an act. It may not appear to be an east act but considering how now Pakistan can even use such a huge Afghan Population to their advantage. I mean Afghanistan doesn't have much to offer, they should use their natural resources as a collatoral.

Pakistanis are like crabs - whenever one tries to climb to the top, the others pull him down and there is a lesson in this with a view to April 2021 and Sarena hotel.

If only Pakistani leadership had foresight and presence of mind to actually cash in on the cards dealt to them.

True, we could have easily pulled this off we if were united and foresighted but we are neither.

Only if "Pakistani"s were smart they could pull such an act. It may not appear to be an east act but considering how now Pakistan can even use such a huge Afghan Population to their advantage. I mean Afghanistan doesn't have much to offer, they should use their natural resources as a collatoral.

True, we could have easily pulled this off we if were united and foresighted but we are neither.
Afghanistan is FUBAR. There is a reason the Qataris, Bahrain and Turkish delegations quit.

India has been the biggest hypocrite in this entire sordid affair. Refer back to my post about "optics".

As usual India doing topi drama - a skill the are experts at.
India is non partisan in this affair. Pathans move back and forth between the Durand line. Pakistani state is free to enforce its writ on its claimed territory. Failure to do so does not make India a hypocrite. Pakistanis should expect India and Indians to undermine Pakistan in any and every platform available. Pakistan is after all a declared enemy of the Hindu Indian state. :pop:

India is non partisan in this affair. Pathans move back and forth between the Durand line. Pakistani state is free to enforce its writ on its claimed territory. Failure to do so does not make India a hypocrite. Pakistanis should expect India and Indians to undermine Pakistan in any and every platform available. Pakistan is after all a declared enemy of the Hindu Indian state. :pop:
Take some Afghan refugees than comment in this thread. Right now your behaviour is like that phappi Khutni neighbour peeking over her rooftop for gossip.

The same goes for India.

I can think of one danger for Pakistan in trying to control Taliban. If not careful, the Taliban may be able to put their people in power centers within Pakistan and change Pakistan to suit their ways. It may not seem likely, but it is possible 🤨

Take some Afghan refugees than comment in this thread. Right now your behaviour is like that phappi Khutni neighbour peeking over her rooftop for gossip.

The same goes for India.
India and Canada have established procedures through which marginalized people from around the world can apply for refugee status. The established process is in line with UN conventions. Individuals who seek shelter are free to apply, I promise to not stand in their way :agree:

Mehrabadi is pretty big you know :P
I know. I live pretty close. All of our domestic help lives there. I have driven them home many times. All Punjabis. I have never heard them complain about Afghans.

My parents migrated legally in the 1960's to the UK not illegally like these pro BJP Afghan namaaks.

Not sure what the point your trying to make. Maybe it's just compulsive behaviour to troll.
We have Afghan refugees in Pakistan, not immigrants. International law gives them the right to take refuge in Pakistan. We have been Pakistanis for three generations. All three generations have served the country. We pay our taxes, and we have had lovely experiences with Afghan refugees, Somalian refugees, Turkish immigrants, Irani immigrants, and Jordanian/Palestinian refugees. My dad was always glad to rent his property to these people. He forgave debts when they could not pay. I like to uphold the openheartedness he showed them. If Pakistan fails to overcome the challenges of climate change, my family might be among the millions of families that would immigrate northwards. I hope they are shown a similar generosity.

I know. I live pretty close. All of our domestic help lives there. I have driven them home many times. All Punjabis. I have never heard them complain about Afghans.

The Afghan concentration is to the northern side, near F11, and also now beyong G13.

There used to be plenty of robberies at a time, and the police conducted some operations in the area to comb them out. I am talking about 18 months or so back.

They moved here after the katchi abadi near Metro got demolished.

Back
Top Bottom