What's new

Renewable Energy in Turkey

What the hell are you talking about (again)? My posting was about real (!) energy consumption and production. So why are you showing us an outdated chart about Turkey's installed energy capcitiy?

// After your edit (part under linked chart):

Thank you for this important knowledge.

I would add:

no sun = no solar power
no wind = no wind power
no gaz = no gaz power
etc.

Thank you for

Ok, let me add. Wind, Photo-voltaic and Hydro are non stable sources. They depend on climate conditions.
You can only ensure national energy with Nuclear and Fossil energies;
if a climate blackout will happen.

What we need to keep in mind is that hydro and wind energy performed extraordinary good because of the winds and rain. Thus we have reached more than the usual but still good overall.

Ok, let me add. Wind, Photo-voltaic and Hydro are non stable sources. They depend on climate conditions.
You can only ensure national energy with Nuclear and Fossil energies;
if a climate blackout will happen.
That's why there must be a technology to store the energy instead of using it for the moment..
Some times wind energy just stays still because there is no need of energy in worst case you will have 10 structures and only one is active..

If you would store the energy in hydrogen then you could generate energy as needed -ok you have a lost of some serious amounts of energy to create hydrogen but the benefits are high and you can operate all alternative energy systems at max..

Second idea is not to get electricity directly but to store the pressure like in a balloon.. if needed let the air out and let it drive a generator to get electricity when needed..

So I don't understand why we and other sun rich countries don't invest in such technology

To build a palace or to buy some prestige object they spend money and no one ask where it comes from but for something useful we don't have the money.. 40 Mrd dollars in such projects would be a good start for our future..

Fossil energies will be extremely expensive in the future and it makes us depended on foreign forces, it is not reliable in future or war (sanctions )..
Nuclear energy is needed we need at least 5 nuclear power plants but it's risky, extreeeeeeeem dirty where to go with radioactive junk? And in war time it's also easy to cut down our energy..

Decentralized energy is better if you generate energy everywhere every province, every city, every household then it's harder to cut down your energy

Where is now 31 % propaganda ?

yenilenebilir-4.jpg

Big difference between PRODUCTION and Plants theoretical POWER

I don't understand where is propaganda here? There are 2 kinds of graphics on EMO's website.

For 2015; (Still not certain figures, but almost accurate)

Installed Plants:

5saIvwC.jpg

And

Electricity Production:

TA3v2n0.jpg

As you can see, 1.3 + 25.8 + 4.4 + 0.6=32.1. No propaganda at all. We produced %32.1 of our all electricity production from renewable sources in 2015. Yes, I know, green energy is not stable, maybe next year it might decrease to %15 but it doesn't change the fact that we hit to our record this year! Thanks to this fact, we imported less natural gas for electricity production in spite of decreasing prices!

Last edited:
As you can see

The thread name is "All time record".
Turkey's goal is to reach EU standards that means 20 % + with wind energy .
I see only for wind 4.4 % production and 6.2 % operational in comparison to whole energy plants .

The thread name is "All time record".
Turkey's goal is to reach EU standards that means 20 % + with wind energy .
I see only for wind 4.4 % production and 6.2 % operational in comparison to whole energy plants .

Yes but it states: record for "renewable energy" not only "wind energy"

For wind, as far as I remember our theorical capacity is about 48.000 MV, actual one must be around 20-30, so we have chance to install 3x or 4x plants more. But it will take time for sure.

Please read the HEADLINE

Turkish wind energy sets all-time record

Again, what's wrong with headline?

In 2013; 7.557 MWh
In 2014; 8.520 MWh
in 2015; 11.543 MWh

Clearly, it's all time record, hopefully and most probably it will be new record in 2016. It's all time record for Turkey, not World record of course.

Again, what's wrong with headline?

In 2013; 7.557 MWh
In 2014; 8.520 MWh
in 2015; 11.543 MWh

Clearly, it's all time record, hopefully and most probably it will be new record in 2016. It's all time record for Turkey, not World record of course.

Nothing is wrong, bro. From time to time he is just trolling us. Do not reply to his contributions when he's acting stupid on purpose.

he is just trolling us

Keep POLITE !

If you have almost 4 GW installed capacity and you produce 11.543 MWh, it means a good capacity factor.
But there is no need to make a party.
It shows that the climate conditions and the places of the installations were feasible.

onfusion or misunderstanding

Right :tup:

http://www.thewindpower.net/country_en_34_turkey.php

Productions raises with installed capacity.
You can follow the years when installed capacity boomed and then made normal development

• End 1998: 9 MW (- %)
  • End 1999: 9 MW (- %)
  • End 2000: 19 MW (+111.2 %)
  • End 2001: 19 MW (- %)
  • End 2002: 19 MW (- %)
  • End 2003: 21 MW (+10.6 %)
  • End 2004: 21 MW (- %)
  • End 2005: 20 MW (-4.7 %)
  • End 2006: 65 MW (+225 %)
  • End 2007: 207 MW (+218.5 %)
  • End 2008: 333 MW (+60.9 %)
  • End 2009: 801 MW (+140.6 %)
  • End 2010: 1,329 MW (+66 %)
  • End 2011: 1,799 MW (+35.4 %)
  • End 2012: 2,312 MW (+28.6 %)
  • End 2013: 2,959 MW (+28 %)
  • End 2014: 3,763 MW (+27.2 %

" Earlier this year, Turkey invited bids for 3 GW wind worth of energy capacity, and received a huge response from the prospective developers, with bids submitted for the development of over 42 GW worth of wind energy projects.
Turkey’s Energy Market Regulatory Authority has announced that it will call for bids on 2 GW worth of wind energy projects in October next year, with the auction becoming a big part of the country’s target to have 20 GW worth of installed wind energy capacity by 2023."

If there is no BOOM again we can't reach the target.

http://cleantechnica.com/2015/08/12/turkey-auction-2-gw-wind-energy-capacity-next-year/

Back
Top Bottom