What's new

Renault signs MoU with Majid Al Futtaim to set up car production plant in Pakistan

The Sandman

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
It turns out that famous French automobile company Renault is not letting go of its dream to set up a vehicle production plant in Pakistan. According to a foreign media outlet, the French automaker is in talks with UAE’s Majid Al Futtaim—an Emirati shopping mall company to set up a factory in Pakistan to produce vehicles.

Also Read: HRL Motors Brings Zotye Z100 in Pakistan

Renault and Majid Al Futtaim has also signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for this purpose. Both the companies are planning to build the production plant in Karachi in its industrial area and are committed to producing as many as 50,000 Duster SUV vehicles a year. It would be worth mentioning here that Duster SUV is one of the most significant commercial success of Renault. And in my opinion, the company with Duster SUV is planning to take local Pakistani car manufacturing market by storm.
Renault-Duster-2016-urdu.jpg
The French automaker has been trying to enter the Pakistani market for quite some time now, they previously tried to negotiate with local companies, Dewan and Gandhara, but it feels the talks failed in midway.

Aside from coming to Pakistan, Renault is doing well in our neighboring country India, where it is planning to increase the sale volume of its vehicles.

In my opinion, if the company does come to Pakistan, it would be an excellent perk for local automobile enthusiasts. However, it will face serious competition from Honda BRV and maybe FAW Sirius. Let’s see how events unfold. Until then stay tuned for more car news.

honda-brv-2.jpg

u_201503191328403454444110.jpg

https://www.pakwheels.com/blog/rena...lfuttaim-setup-car-production-plant-pakistan/

It turns out that famous French automobile company Renault is not letting go of its dream to set up a vehicle production plant in Pakistan. According to a foreign media outlet, the French automaker is in talks with UAE’s Majid Al Futtaim—an Emirati shopping mall company to set up a factory in Pakistan to produce vehicles.

Renault and Majid Al Futtaim has also signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for this purpose. Both the companies are planning to build the production plant in Karachi in its industrial area and are committed to producing as many as 50,000 Duster SUV vehicles a year. It would be worth mentioning here that Duster SUV is one of the most significant commercial success of Renault. And in my opinion, the company with Duster SUV is planning to take local Pakistani car manufacturing market by storm.
The French automaker has been trying to enter the Pakistani market for quite some time now, they previously tried to negotiate with local companies, Dewan and Gandhara, but it feels the talks failed in midway.

Aside from coming to Pakistan, Renault is doing well in our neighboring country India, where it is planning to increase the sale volume of its vehicles.

In my opinion, if the company does come to Pakistan, it would be an excellent perk for local automobile enthusiasts. However, it will face serious competition from Honda BRV and maybe FAW Sirius. Let’s see how events unfold. Until then stay tuned for more car news.

honda-brv-2.jpg

https://www.pakwheels.com/blog/rena...lfuttaim-setup-car-production-plant-pakistan/

Hope they succeeded in their endeavors this time, last time Renault badly failed to get success in the market due to car which is not good for Pakistani market.

Duster is from Dacia Romanian, a plant which Renault bought.
It doesn't have automatic transmission and it cost around 1.2million PKR in Europe.

Al Futtaim is a huge group an has many interest spanning automotive.
Duster can be a perfect vehicle for broken Karachi roads if it becomes a reality.

They have been trying it for so many years, they even approached my ex-company for a JV, but my ex-company being a sister concern of a well-reputed auto-maker in Pakistan, we obviously refused.

oh thank God...Please bring more options for the people.

They have been trying it for so many years, they even approached my ex-company for a JV, but my ex-company being a sister concern of a well-reputed auto-maker in Pakistan, we obviously refused.
that auto-maker could have expanded too. just look at VW of Germany, the groups holds Audi, Bentley etc. as well.

I guess to break the Japanese monopoly on car production.

They are among the best car makers and Suzuki makes very good cars in India. I am unable to understand why can't they make equally good cars for pakistani market as well?

They are among the best car makers and Suzuki makes very good cars in India. I am unable to understand why can't they make equally good cars for pakistani market as well?

Who says they make bad cars in Pakistan? Their cars are ok when it comes to the price they charge to customers..

I had a Suzuki Cultus and never experienced any problem in the whole period of 5 years I kept it. Just a battery problem twice when it refused to start.. then one day I forgot to tighten the cap on its radiator, but even then it didn't require any repair as such..

Anyway, I am also a careful driver and avoid speeding on broken roads..

Please bring news car but please bring cars with sticker price of less than or around Rs 1 million. Pakistani prices are just crazy. Quality of 3rd grade, but prices same as in 1st World.

Who says they make bad cars in Pakistan? Their cars are ok when it comes to the price they charge to customers..

I had a Suzuki Cultus and never experienced any problem in the whole period of 5 years I kept it. Just a battery problem twice when it refused to start.. then one day I forgot to tighten the cap on its radiator, but even then it didn't require any repair as such..

Anyway, I am also a careful driver and avoid speeding on broken roads..

I always see pakistanis here curse japanese car makers. This might just be my observation.

honda-brv-2.jpg

What is the

honda-brv-2.jpg

Does any1 knows the price of HONDA BR-V..???

Back
Top Bottom