What's new

Remembrance of Muharram , the days of sorrow and grief

it is a mark of rememberence

Whatever it is I don't want kids to see this. I am not against anyone or any ritual. But barbarism like this should be outlawed.
Warning: Graphic content.

Last edited by a moderator:
Muhammad SAW Said,

Respect this month and do not fight in Muharram (Bukhari)
Fasting in Muharram has high importance in Islam After Ramdan (Muslim)
Fast on the 10th of Muharam and Allah SWT will forbid your previous sins (Muslim)
Jews fast on the 10th of Muharram to celebrate the freedom from Rameses. Ramses and his Army were drowned on the same day. (Muslim)
Muhammad SAW ordered Muslims to fast on the 9th as well to oppose the Jews. (Muslim)

Am i missing something here, Yes ! KARBALA. It happened several years after the death of Muhammad SAW who said in his last Speech that ISLAM HAS BEEN COMPLETED. So the rest of the things which are done in the name of Islam in the Holy Month of Muharram isn't the part of it.

Muharram, Let's Do it Muhammad SAW way :tup:

He never endangered his own life like some of you guys do with the mutilation, that is why mutilation is outlawed in some countries not because we are trying to smite you guys only because we do not want you to hurt yourselves unnecessarily. If God forbid one of you dies from self mutilation that would be the equivalent of suicide and that is something nobody wants to see occur. Let me ask you a question since you threw one towards me- When Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) passed how many people went to the extremes to mourn his death?? Let me just answer that for you, the answer is none so there is no need for all this extreme measures for Imam Hussain (RA) because as great of a man he was, he was not greater than our Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) and that is by his own admittance. I hope nobody takes offense to anything I have written, I wish nothing but the best for my fellow brothers/ sisters and do not ascribe to this sectarian Sunni-Shia nonsense.

Dude it's obvious that there are different levels of mourning and crying surly in every sect you can find some extremists but the reality and truth is bigger than everything else We commemorate Ashura to symbolise and express our grief and emotions towards the martyrdom of Imam al-Hussain (AS), to keep Imam al-Hussain’s (AS) cause alive in our hearts and to be committed to his cause. Also, we want to extract lessons from the tragedy of Karbala and apply them to our daily lives. We want to pay our condolences to the Holy Prophet (SAW) and the Ahlul Bayt.

Ibn Saad, Ali bin Muhammad, Yahya bin Zakariya, a man heard it from 'Amir al-Sha'bi say: "When Ali (as) passed by Karbalaa in his march to Siffien and lined up with Nainawa - a village on the Euphrates - he stopped and called one of them men: Tell aba 'Abdullah (al-Hussain ) what this land is called? He said: Karbala. Then he cried until the earth was wet from his tears. He then said: I entered on the messenger of Allah (s) and he was crying. So I said: What makes you cry? He said: Gabriel was with me, just now, and informed me: that my son al-Hussain will be killed at the banks of Furat in a location called Karbala. Then Gabriel grabbed a handful of dirt and let me smell it. So I could not help it, my eyes overflowed." [8] From this tradition (hadith) we can see that Imam al-Ali (AS) also wept for Imam al-Hussain (AS). There are more traditions showing that the Holy Prophet (SAW) wept for Imam al-Hussain (AS). [9] Umm Salamah, the wife of the Holy Prophet (SAW) also wept for Imam al-Hussain (AS).

It's written in the history that the prophet of Islam (pbuh) cried for Imam Hussain , Imam Ali did it too . it's not something that belong to a specific sect it's what the prophet (pbuh) did .

And lol at previous comments, some sunnis and shia hazrat fighting for who was right & who was wrong in Karbala. While Ignoring Muhammad SAW Rewaya regarding Muharram-ul-Haram.

Islam is to Follow Muhammad SAW and his Sunnah, Islam is not Karbala my friends.

Dude it's obvious that there are different levels of mourning and crying surly in every sect you can find some extremists but the reality and truth is bigger than everything else We commemorate Ashura to symbolise and express our grief and emotions towards the martyrdom of Imam al-Hussain (AS), to keep Imam al-Hussain’s (AS) cause alive in our hearts and to be committed to his cause. Also, we want to extract lessons from the tragedy of Karbala and apply them to our daily lives. We want to pay our condolences to the Holy Prophet (SAW) and the Ahlul Bayt.

Ibn Saad, Ali bin Muhammad, Yahya bin Zakariya, a man heard it from 'Amir al-Sha'bi say: "When Ali (as) passed by Karbalaa in his march to Siffien and lined up with Nainawa - a village on the Euphrates - he stopped and called one of them men: Tell aba 'Abdullah (al-Hussain ) what this land is called? He said: Karbala. Then he cried until the earth was wet from his tears. He then said: I entered on the messenger of Allah (s) and he was crying. So I said: What makes you cry? He said: Gabriel was with me, just now, and informed me: that my son al-Hussain will be killed at the banks of Furat in a location called Karbala. Then Gabriel grabbed a handful of dirt and let me smell it. So I could not help it, my eyes overflowed." [8] From this tradition (hadith) we can see that Imam al-Ali (AS) also wept for Imam al-Hussain (AS). There are more traditions showing that the Holy Prophet (SAW) wept for Imam al-Hussain (AS). [9] Umm Salamah, the wife of the Holy Prophet (SAW) also wept for Imam al-Hussain (AS).

It's written in the history that the prophet of Islam (pbuh) cried for Imam Hussain , Imam Ali did it too . it's not something that belong to a specific sect it's what the prophet (pbuh) did .

Brother I am a Syed and we also honor the sacrifice made on that day but we do it by fasting. Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) knew his grandsons would be shaheed but even he did not live to see the day so we must mourn according to the precedent set during his life. Three days of mourning for the family and 4 months for a widow anything beyond that we must do in honor of the deceased through fasting and prayer.

Whatever it is I don't want kids to see this. I am not against anyone or any ritual. But barbarism like this should be outlawed.
Warning: Graphic content.

See this is just unnecessary and makes my stomach churn.

And lol at previous comments, some sunnis and shia hazrat fighting for who was right & who was wrong in Karbala. While Ignoring Muhammad SAW Rewaya regarding Muharram-ul-Haram.

Islam is to Follow Muhammad SAW and his Sunnah, Islam is not Karbala my friends.

Nobody is fighting on this thread.

If imam Hussain (a.s) intended to get power why did he do it by just 72 of his followers and his family? he sacrificed himself and his family to get what ? power ? while his enemy enjoyed thousands of army , was it rational or logical to enter to such a conflict? if his main aim was power why in this way?

On one side we have grandson of prophet and family of prophet who are called Ahlolbait and on the other side we've got grandson of Abasofian who turned the position of successor of prophet to a kind of monarchy.

Do you know Yazid ? I doubt ... I'm shocked how someone here compare Imam Hussain with Yazid ... is it possible ?

We read in Au Khanar Al Masalik that Shaykh al Hadith Mawlana Muhammad Zakaria stated: "The army that Yazeed had sent to Medina comprised of 60,000 horsemen and 15,000 foot soldiers. For three days they shed blood freely, 1000 women were raped and 700 from the Quraysh and Ansar were killed. Ten thousand women and children were made slaves. Muslim bin Uqba forced people to give bayya to Yazeed in such a manner that people were enslaved and Yazeed could sell them as he pleased, no Sahaba who were [with the Prophet (saws)] at Hudaibiya were spared." All the Badr Sahaba were killed in this battle.​

After the martyrdom of the family of the Prophet at Kerbala in 61 Hijri, the Ummayad Caliph Yazid Ibne Moawiya did not stop there in the pursuit of his destruction. He sent a large contingent under the command of Haseen Ibne Namir to Madina which destroyed the Mosque of the Prophet. They did not stop there but proceeded to Makka and demolished the four walls of the Ka’aba and killed thousands of muslims who protested.

We read in al Bidaya Volume 8 page 223: ‘Rasulullah (s) said whoever perpetuated injustice and frightened the residents of Medina, the curse (la’nat) of Allah (swt), His Angels and all people is on such a person’​

Ghadir Khumm

Ghadir Khum was the sign of giving leadership of spritual matters to Ali (R.A) Moula or Wali... Both indicates that person is going to lead people in the matters of religion.

Not targetted at any particular religion,but religion do become unreasonably weird and senseless at times.

Going by this logic, Prophet (SAWW) prayed Tahajjud Prayer for the rest of his life but was it made obligatory by any shia people to follow this tradition also?

Well, crying and mourning are different things. Its linked with love and affection instead of adoption, its uncontrollable and not bound to any specific day or period. When you remember your loved ones, your eyes fill with tears, and its blessing of Allah SWT.

For the martyrs of Karbala, the Prophet cried. It is not necessary that other people do have the same feelings. But those incidents of Karbala were such a pathetic, that can make a normal human being to cry.

I don't like the self-flagellation ritual(seen people cutting themselves with knives, swords etc), it looks barbaric.

They use some injection so they dont feel the pain, my friend got a bet from his shia friend to try it - he found out the hard way about the injection's importance lol

Why don't we have the same passion for the Martyrdom of the great caliphs Abu Bakr RA Umar RA and Uthman RA?
The only sorrow i feel this month is that these things cause so much trouble in our country today, in the 21st century

Alavis, the progeny of Imam Ali AS, Alavi Bohra..Alavi Bohra - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yep, totally believable. ANd their leader is the 3459548th imam. Yep, obviously true.

For the martyrs of Karbala, the Prophet cried.

lolololWut?

Why don't we have the same passion for the Martyrdom of the great caliphs Abu Bakr RA Umar RA and Uthman RA?
The only sorrow i feel this month is that these things cause so much trouble in our country today, in the 21st century

Yep, totally believable. ANd their leader is the 3459548th imam. Yep, obviously true.

lolololWut?

True story!

They use some injection so they dont feel the pain, my friend got a bet from his shia friend to try it - he found out the hard way about the injection's importance lol

Thats not called worship its called drugging up!

Ghadir Khum was the sign of giving leadership of spritual matters to Ali (R.A) Moula or Wali... Both indicates that person is going to lead people in the matters of religion.

Enough of this 7th century nonsense - we shouldn't care what happened and here it happened!

Brother I am a Syed and we also honor the sacrifice made on that day but we do it by fasting. Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) knew his grandsons would be shaheed but even he did not live to see the day so we must mourn according to the precedent set during his life. Three days of mourning for the family and 4 months for a widow anything beyond that we must do in honor of the deceased through fasting and prayer.

See this is just unnecessary and makes my stomach churn.

Nobody is fighting on this thread.

Going by this logic, Prophet (SAWW) prayed Tahajjud Prayer for the rest of his life but was it made obligatory by any shia people to follow this tradition also?

I think the whole difference btw you and me is base on definition of successor of prophet (pbuh) we consider Imam Ali and 11 sons of his descendant as Imam which Imam Hussain is one of them .we cry for martyrdom of our Imam (Imam Hussain).

Narrated Jabir bin Samura: I heard Muhammad saying, "The (Islamic) religion will continue until the Hour (day of resurrection), having twelve Caliphs for you, all of them will be from Quraysh."

If you count number of caliphs after the prophet (pbuh) the number will be more than 12 , what does it mean ? or prophet (pbuh)meant some specific persons ?

@mafiya mentioned that Imam Ali A.s was given the leadership of spritual matters , but my question is so who was the prophet ? was he a king ? or he was leader of spiritual matters too . when prophet says he is master of all Muslim what should we do ? defy him or obey him ? did Muslim defy him or obey him ?

The Messenger of Allah declared:

"It seems the time approached when I shall be called away (by Allah) and I shall answer that call. I am leaving for you two precious things and if you adhere to them both, you will never go astray after me. They are the Book of Allah and my Progeny, that is my Ahlul Bayt. The two shall never separate from each other until they come to me by the Pool (of Paradise)."

As you know every individual Muslim has got one holy Quran in his house , base on the prophet (pbuh) words , "The two(Book of Allah and my Progeny) shall never separate from each other until they come to me by the Pool " .... so where is Ahlolbeit ? as it is written we do need both of them in the same time .

I think the whole difference btw you and me is base on definition of successor of prophet (pbuh) we consider Imam Ali and 11 sons of his descendant as Imam which Imam Hussain is one of them .we cry for martyrdom of our Imam (Imam Hussain).

Narrated Jabir bin Samura: I heard Muhammad saying, "The (Islamic) religion will continue until the Hour (day of resurrection), having twelve Caliphs for you, all of them will be from Quraysh."

If you count number of caliphs after the prophet (pbuh) the number will be more than 12 , what does it mean ? or prophet (pbuh)meant some specific persons ?

@mafiya mentioned that Imam Ali A.s was given the leadership of spritual matters , but my question is so who was the prophet ? was he a king ? or he was leader of spiritual matters too . when prophet says he is master of all Muslim what should we do ? defy him or obey him ? did Muslim defy him or obey him ?

The Messenger of Allah declared:

"It seems the time approached when I shall be called away (by Allah) and I shall answer that call. I am leaving for you two precious things and if you adhere to them both, you will never go astray after me. They are the Book of Allah and my Progeny, that is my Ahlul Bayt. The two shall never separate from each other until they come to me by the Pool (of Paradise)."

As you know every individual Muslim has got one holy Quran in his house , base on the prophet (pbuh) words , "The two(Book of Allah and my Progeny) shall never separate from each other until they come to me by the Pool " .... so where is Ahlolbeit ? as it is written we do need both of them in the same time .

So you trying to Say Abu Bakr (R.A) who gave away all his house belongings in the war of tabuk would defy his word about Ali being master of all muslims? And all the muslims in madina and makkah would defy his word and would not have revolted against Abu Bakr and Umar during their reigns?

It's just you people try to interpret things which suits you not what logic dictates!

So who defied Prophet Mohammad (P.B.U.H) him being the maula? The Path Ali(R.A) followed is Islam not something else, So by obeying Ali (R.A) means follow the path of Islam not the Path of revering him so much ( like you people says moula -e- kainaat) that other people start doubting that Ali is more important than Islam!

you guys eat ashura in muharram?

very nice

asure.jpg

Back
Top Bottom