What's new

Remembrance of Muharram , the days of sorrow and grief

What is the correct manner to greet a friend on muharram? I once wished a colleague 'happy muharram'. She said it is supposed to be a sad day! :confused:

What is the correct manner to greet a friend on muharram? I once wished a colleague 'happy muharram'. She said it is supposed to be a sad day! :confused:

No greeting required.
Just normal days.

There are different degrees. Most people just do light thumping of the chest with the palm; others take it to physical extremes.

Yeah I was talking about those who take it to the extreme. Doesn't fit in modern times IMO and it's horrific for anyone watching it.

I don't like the self-flagellation ritual(seen people cutting themselves with knives, swords etc), it looks barbaric.

I was in Iran for 12 years and I never saw such behaviour. People just beat their chests and hit themselves with aluminum chains symbolically. They would be talking on their phones and hitting themselves on the chest casually.

Indian/pakistani/arab and Afghan shias take it too far with the mutilation stuff

I was in Iran for 12 years and I never saw such behaviour. People just beat their chests and hit themselves with aluminum chains symbolically. They would be talking on their phones and hitting themselves on the chest casually.

Indian/pakistani/arab and Afghan shias take it too far with the mutilation stuff

That is because one of your imam leaders outlawed it, it is forbidden to hurt oneself in Islam like that.

That is because one of your imam leaders outlawed it, it is forbidden to hurt oneself in Islam like that.

More like b/c 90 percent of the people who actually participate in Muharram events are in it either for the benefits or they're forced to go to them by school/work. I had to participate b/c my school forced us to go and we would just stand there and ride it out. So people don't really give a lot of *****, they're just there. I'm sure the mutilation stuff also died out during the shah era. Can't imagine the govt back then looking kindly on this insanity.

More like b/c 90 percent of the people who actually participate in Muharram events are in it either for the benefits or they're forced to go to them by school/work. I had to participate b/c my school forced us to go and we would just stand there and ride it out. So people don't really give a lot of *****, they're just there. I'm sure the mutilation stuff also died out during the shah era. Can't imagine the govt back then looking kindly on this insanity.

Nope it was allowed during Shah era, Khameini outlawed it (mutilation). Maybe the one thing he did you can agree with. If what you say is true it is a shame that some Iranian feel suffocated.

Nope it was allowed during Shah era, Khameini outlawed it (mutilation). Maybe the one thing he did you can agree with. If what you say is true it is a shame that some Iranian feel suffocated.

well that has to be the understatement of the century

Which Hashemites do you refer to?? Do you know who the ahlul bayt are only Hazrat Ali (RA) and Hazrat Hassan (RA) were ever in a position of power during the Caliphate era. The rest of the caliphate was turned into a virtual monarchy by the Ummayads and remained this way until their overthrow by the Abbasids. What several centuries are you referring to???? Who are these Arab Bedouin tribal experts, if the Salafis are teaching you BS against the ahlul bayt do yourself a favor and stop listening.

Hashemite ruled pre-Islamic Makkah and the Umayads, another clan of quraysh always resented them.

Ignorance is not a bliss my dear!

Back
Top Bottom