What's new

Relocation of GHQ

HAIDER

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Again army seriously considering to move GHQ near Islamabad , location proposed by Gen Musharraf. Yesterday on GEO, few top ranking officers showed concerned about the location of present GHQ, which is right in the middle of populous area and easily approachable to any terrorist activity. Plus Rawal Pindi can't be locked because of its extreme porous location. Thousands of routes came in and security can't be deployed on every entry point.

Again army seriously considering to move GHQ near Islamabad , location proposed by Gen Musharraf. Yesterday on GEO, few top ranking officers showed concerned about the location of present GHQ, which is right in the middle of populous area and easily approachable to any terrorist activity. Plus Rawal Pindi can't be locked because of its extreme porous location. Thousands of routes came in and security can't be deployed on every entry point.

The location proposed was in the centre rather at the start of the capital at the footstep of Magalla Hills. It lies in E-10, whereas Air Complex is in E-9 and Naval Complex is in E-8.

It is not an isolated place for there are civil sectors like F-10, F-11 and near to it is proposed biggest Asian park the Fatima Jinnah parm F-9 just half a KM away. So technically just 3 KM away is the most conjusted area of Islamabad Sector G-9 which is commonly known as Karachi co.

I personally think it is not that much ideal place for GHQ. I hope I maybe able to post a sattelite image.

Sectors G-10, G-8 heavily residential sectors are also 3-4 KM away. It is not an Ideal place for GHQ I guess.

KIT Over n Out

Sad to see loss of life, injuries and damage to public property by these ****** terrorists. May God give peace to the souls of the departed.:angel:

The islamabad location previously chosen is way better than the present location. It will have more space to build lines of defenses.Other than that i don't think there are any better choices. Unfortunately it will cost billions of dollars and after earth quake and all other economic losses it was shelved.

I would suggest for any country not to have armed forces' HQs in capitals or in populated cities/areas.

Useless politicians. Especially the PML-Q thugs who were tryingto get political mileage out of the GHQ relocation. It seems all these idiots will have their foot in the mouth for putting the plan down. GHQ has to move from that congested Pindi location. Attacks like this can occur in the future too because the Army will remain a target of these idiots for a while.

If they had not shelved these plans, Army and the joint staff would have been on track to move out to it by 2010-11.

I would suggest for any country not to have armed forces' HQs in capitals or in populated cities/areas.

It makes sense to have it in the capitals, however not in congested areas. Pindi was a nice, quiet town in the initial days of Pakistan. It actually was simply a garrison town. Over time, the garrison shrunk and the civilian population mushroom all around it.

Just the simple fact is that an attempt like the one on the life of commander V corps, Lt Gen Ahsan Hayat or the Surgeon General Pak Army can be done on the route to the GHQ against other military personalities thus endangering civilians. For this reason alone and also for the needs of the armed forces, the new HQ should be sanctioned and put on track post haste.

It is near to Margalla Hills, E-10 Sector.

Location at Google Earth: 33°42'39.22"N 72°59'53.42"E

But one thing to know is that GHQ will not be fully shifted to this new location. Just the COAS office & some support & important offices.

The current GHQ premises will keep functioning too.

The new location for the GHQ, AHQ and NHQ is actually ideal security-wise as it gives these institutions the required ideal depth in front from the civilian areas and access-ways. At the back are the Margallah's that already contain a chain of security posts and sensors to detect an intrusion. To the sides are the secured defense HQ's. It would be extremely difficult if not almost impossible for any terrorists to carry out the brazen type of guerrilla attack as we have witnessed recently at the Rawalpindi GHQ.

The location proposed was in the centre rather at the start of the capital at the footstep of Magalla Hills. It lies in E-10, whereas Air Complex is in E-9 and Naval Complex is in E-8.

It is not an isolated place for there are civil sectors like F-10, F-11 and near to it is proposed biggest Asian park the Fatima Jinnah parm F-9 just half a KM away. So technically just 3 KM away is the most conjusted area of Islamabad Sector G-9 which is commonly known as Karachi co.

I personally think it is not that much ideal place for GHQ. I hope I maybe able to post a sattelite image.

Sectors G-10, G-8 heavily residential sectors are also 3-4 KM away. It is not an Ideal place for GHQ I guess.

KIT Over n Out
i think Islamabad is not more populated then Rawalpindi and E-10 is best place for GHQ what do u think.:what:

Many Brothers suggested, that, Army should move GHQ from this sector, or near that one,
Why they should not move GHQ out of the city, nearly about 10 to 15 miles from the capital, in mountains, and mountains are also good for defense purpose. ?

Back
Top Bottom