What's new

Reliving March 25, 1992 World Cup

fawwaxs

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
March 25, 1992 will always be remembered as one of the most glorious days in the history of Pakistan cricket. It was on this day, at the Melbourne Cricket Ground, that Imran Khan’s ‘cornered tigers’ completed their fairytale journey at the cricket world cup. Wasim Akram’s magic, Ramiz Raja’s flight of victory, Aamir Sohail’s sajda, Imran Khan’s controversial speech are the various moments that spring to mind when one recollects the magical 22-run win.

b3e1707ec694065619f281b2ae7fc7ef.jpg

What is your favourite moment from the final? Where did you watch it? Did you think Pakistan would be able to pull it off? Who was your player of the match?

my personal favourite was Akram knocking off Chris Lewis and Lamb in a go .. they were the best balls bowled in the history of cricket will never forget that moment , what a match ! :pakistan:

my personal favourite was Akram knocking off Chris Lewis and Lamb in a go .. they were the best balls bowled in the history of cricket will never forget that moment , what a match ! :pakistan:

Alan Lamb being bowled by Wasim Akram in a gem of a delivery. Alan Lamb slight nod of appreciation to Wasim and commentator saying “Alan Lamb has been cleaned up, and perhaps so is England”

My favorite moment was those two magical deliveries by Wasim Akram to Allan Lamb and Chris Lewis. Imran khan’s speech and the cup being given and listening to the song ‘we rule the world’ after that :pakistan:

my fav moment is when javed miandad was hugging imran khan, and pakistanis were celebrating the victory on the ground

but wasim akhter's display of joy after taking wickets was also spectacular

btw i was just born than i first watched it when i was 15 lolzz

It was a rainy day of ramzan at school . Teachers arrainged the tv.And we all watchd the 1st innings together at school.And i remmber one of our teacher told us run as fast as u can before the 2nd inning starts...i was in 4th that time ;) And then celebrating it in our own style.Firing Firing and juSt Firing.

Back
Top Bottom