What's new

Religion and caste in Indian Army

Commendable words indeed but it still leaves the biggest question unanswered :

Why does Indian Army still practices caste discrimination and requires caste certificates from new recruits as mandatory??? when Indian Airforce and Navy have long abandoned the practice of discrminating castes and dont consider caste at all.

I think , its hard for outsiders to understand the social system and tradition of the Nation of Indus Valley Civilization.

Actually the Indian nation( Kollam/Quam/Millet) the tribes (Janajaatiyon / Al Qabayil ) are groups of clans
(Al Eashrat/Khandhaan/Household ) which forms the nation.

Lineages system according to the Itihasa Purana tradition are Suryavanshi, Chandravanshi/Somavanshi, Agnivanshi , Nagavanshi etc. and here it those great men of the Indian nation who were born because of the blessing (
aasheervaad/Barakat) of the Supreme Creator ( Om/Eshwara/Illah/Rabbul Alameen/Rab).

The way Isa Ibne Maryam A.S has born without father to Maryam Binte Imran by her worship at Haikal e Sulaimani when she was under the guardianship of Prophet Zakariya A.S who was even her Uncle and was the Guardian of Haikal e Sulaimani . Way before this miracle took place , some has been born in Indus Valley Civilization like during the era of Mahabharata, Kunti Putra Karan was born without father , when she was given the Atharvaveda Mantras by Rishi Durvasa.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atharvaveda

Wow. Just wow.

This is the state of affair of this nation and Indian monkeys have the audacity to lecture others.

I think , its hard for outsiders to understand the social system and tradition of the Nation of Indus Valley Civilization.

Actually the Indian nation( Kollam/Quam/Millet) the tribes (Janajaatiyon / Al Qabayil ) are groups of clans
(Al Eashrat/Khandhaan/Household ) which forms the nation.

Lineages system according to the Itihasa Purana tradition are Suryavanshi, Chandravanshi/Somavanshi, Agnivanshi , Nagavanshi etc. and here it those great men of the Indian nation who were born because of the blessing (
aasheervaad/Barakat) of the Supreme Creator ( Om/Eshwara/Illah/Rabbul Alameen/Rab).

The way Isa Ibne Maryam A.S has born without father to Maryam Binte Imran by her worship at Haikal e Sulaimani when she was under the guardianship of Prophet Zakariya A.S who was even her Uncle and was the Guardian of Haikal e Sulaimani . Way before this miracle took place , some has been born in Indus Valley Civilization like during the era of Mahabharata, Kunti Putra Karan was born without father , when she was given the Atharvaveda Mantras by Rishi Durvasa.

What does IVC got to do with India or Indian Army ?

What does IVC got to do with India or Indian Army ?
Whatever to bore and distract the unawares general reader and put em off that there are undeniable pointers to a subhuman practice going on still in this day and age.

Indian Army official website requires Caste Certificate as one of the compulsory documents to be brought along for recruitment with others duly attested documents.
Indian Army Recruitment Requirements.jpg

The effects of caste discrimination on Indian Army are well documented in articles and news reports available on Indian websites like the one below:

Why the Indian army needs to abandon the colonial concept of 'martial races'

It is time to reform recruitment to our armed forces and bring the values of the Constitution into this venerable institution.
by Menaka Guruswamy
Published Jul 11, 2016 · 08:00 am
37285-uypbtinpjy-1467814794.jpg

In 2012, IS Yadav, a doctor from Haryana, filed a Public Interest Litigation in the Supreme Court, challenging the constitutionality of “caste based recruitment” to the Indian Army.

“Certain regiments of the Army were organised on lines of classification because social, cultural and linguistic homogeneity has been observed to be a force multiplier as a battle winning factor,” the Central government argued in defence of the army’s recruitment practices, as per newspaper reports. “The commonality of language and culture only further augments the smooth execution of operation,” the government added.

The Supreme Court apparently did not probe further whether this “social, cultural and linguistic homogeneity” was code for a recruitment policy based on caste and ethnicity. It dismissed Yadav’s petition in February 2014.

Article 15 of Indian Constitution and resultant jurisprudence strictly prohibit discrimination on the basis of religion, gender and caste amongst other grounds. The only exceptions are welfare-oriented measures to address historical disadvantage – which means that the State can prioritise certain ethnicities or castes that have been traditionally under-represented in state institutions.

Recruitment to the Army, however, poses a reverse constitutional challenge. In contemporary India, certain states or ethnicities are disproportionately enriched by access to military salaries and pensions, while others do not enjoy such privileges. This is because the British recruited to the Indian Army on the basis of their categorisation of certain ethnicities and castes as supposedly warrior material or “martial” and others as being “non-martial”. The colonial recruitment practice has never been reformed.

Full article:
https://scroll.in/article/811303/wh...abandon-the-colonial-concept-of-martial-races

Attachments

• Indian Army Recruitment Requirements.jpg
    Indian Army Recruitment Requirements.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 11
Commendable words indeed but it still leaves the biggest question unanswered :

Why does Indian Army still practices caste discrimination and requires caste certificates from new recruits as mandatory??? when Indian Airforce and Navy have long abandoned the practice of discrminating castes and dont consider caste at all.

The Air force & Navy never had class/ Caste/ religion based recruitment . The Army did & does.

The Air force & Navy never had class/ Caste/ religion based recruitment . The Army did & does.
I doubt they recruit based on religion ? Can you share any data of respective representation in IA with respect to religion ? A clear disspartity will be visible

https://www.hindustantimes.com/indi...-goes-viral/story-cJEU9YrNW5arQjTdEMNy8K.html

‘Special force is my religion and caste’: Army officer’s solution to India’s problems goes viral

Many praised and supported Col Shekhawat’s views on “pluralistic secularist society” on social media.
india Updated: Feb 08, 2018 13:45 IST

An Indian Army officer’s anecdote about secularism is going viral on social media for all the good reasons.

Colonel Saurabh Singh Shekhawat, India’s most decorated officer, says that everyone in the army lives as a “pluralistic secular society” and “act like a unit” irrespective of their caste and religion in the one-minute video.

“... When I was commissioned and when I joined special forces, I was asked by my NCO, ‘What is your religion? What is your caste?’ I said, ‘Hindu Rajput’. He said, ‘Bloody chap, take a dip in that dirty water!’ So I went and took a dip. Then I realised I had said something wrong,” Col Shekhawat says in the clip shared by former army officer Raghu Raman on Twitter.

The colonel says, in what looks like an interview, that he was asked the same question and his reply was a little different.

“Then again he asked the same question and I replied, ‘Sir my religion is special force and my caste is special force’. He then told me that you are an officer and so your religion is the religion which is the religion of your boys ... So, as an officer you are everything,” he says.

“If you apply this kind of template in the country, most of the problems will be solved ... All the religions are there, all the classes and clans are together and still they are one unit,” he adds.

The tweet was shared 4,533 times and was liked by more than 7,000 people on social media.

Many praised and supported Col Shekhawat’s views on “pluralistic secularist society” on social media.

“What Col Shekhawat is saying is what Indian Army teaches. This is what we all learnt. This is what we believe in. It does not matter what a religious text of any religion says. Army is inclusive. As an officer, your religion is the religion of your troops,” defence analyst Major Gaurav Arya commented on the post.

A part of the Indian Army’s elite special forces, Shekhawat has three gallantry awards to his name — Kirti Chakra, Shaurya Chakra and Sena Medal — and a Vishisht Sena Medal for distinguished service.

I doubt they recruit based on religion ? Can you share any data of respective representation in IA with respect to religion ? A clear disspartity will be visible

Why Sir do you doubt it ?

What religion do you expect to find amongst soldiers for instance in the Sikh Regiment ?

Why Sir do you doubt it ?

What religion do you expect to find amongst soldiers for instance in the Sikh Regiment ?
It means then there is clear bias or disparity as to proportion of religion in IA ...The reasons for which may vary..Though its not my concern but just an observation as i doubted recruitment on the basis of religion in IA

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom