What's new

Reliance on China to Hurt Pakistan in Future

Prince_of_Mistery

New Recruit

Reaction score
Dear All,

I just wanted to pose a question on Pakistans reliance on china for all its military hardware.

Do you think the relying on China too much will hurt Pakistan in the future?

The chinese are not fond of muslims very much as you can see from the recent troubles in China and the past record against muslims.

What is there to say that when Pakistan is totally reliant on them they will deny pakistan of the support.

They did that in the 71 war against india. They never came to pakistan help then.

I believe they are using Pakistan for there own gains.

Pakistans mistrust of the west is making it totally rely on china is not good thing in my view. I think its like putting all your eggs into one basket.

Also Chinise Hardware is not reliable and has many flaws in it. Its a knock-off of the western hardware especially Aircraft.

Best Regards

MN

Dear All,

I just wanted to pose a question on Pakistans reliance on china for all its military hardware.

Do you think the relying on China too much will hurt Pakistan in the future?

The chinese are not fond of muslims very much as you can see from the recent troubles in China and the past record against muslims.

What is there to say that when Pakistan is totally reliant on them they will deny pakistan of the support.

They did that in the 71 war against india. They never came to pakistan help then.

I believe they are using Pakistan for there own gains.

Pakistans mistrust of the west is making it totally rely on china is not good thing in my view. I think its like putting all your eggs into one basket.

Also Chinise Hardware is not reliable and has many flaws in it. Its a knock-off of the western hardware especially Aircraft.

Best Regards

MN

After 71 war when USA had arm's embargo on Pakistan, PAF was forced to ground its F-104s (lack of spares), B57s and Sabers (one F-86 lost its wings in the air as they were aging) , Who came to save PAF grace with supply of F-6s and A-5s on easy loans and who gave us the first rebuild plant at Kamra and now production line , our friends China.
Long live Pak China friendship :cheers::china::pakistan:

No matter how good is someone...... We should rely only on our selves and no one else!.
And I hope this is what we are doing.... atleast in terms of defence equipment......one step at a time.

Too much reliance on any foreign nation will hurt us in the future. There should be no doubt about that whatsoever. Anytime you put yourself at the mercy of others, you are vulnerable. China has to look out fo China first, and Pakistan second. We should increase self-reliance at all costs, but not because "China is not good with Muslims".

One of he dumbest post sofar. And I have to admit that I am soft when I say this... Where did you make your conclusions? BRF?
It would not be a "dumb" post had he not mentioned that part about China being unreliable because they "dislike Muslims". That part was quite astonishing, I agree. But the point of his post remains true, too much reliance on China may end up hurting us in the long run.

After 71 war when USA had arm's embargo on Pakistan, PAF was forced to ground its F-104s (lack of spares), B57s and Sabers (one F-86 lost its wings in the air as they were aging) , Who came to save PAF grace with supply of F-6s and A-5s on easy loans and who gave us the first rebuild plant at Kamra and now production line , our friends China.
Long live Pak China friendship :cheers::china::pakistan:
Indeed. Long live the friendship between Pakistan and China. But, the fact remains that China has not and will not do us any favors. Everything they have done or will do will be for their own benefit first, and ours second. There is nothing wrong with that, but we should see it for what it is. This exact sentiment has brought us where we are today, unreasonable reliance on the US. We must not make the same mistake with China.

That said, I too hope that Pak-China friendship lives long.

Indeed. Long live the friendship between Pakistan and China. But, the fact remains that China has not and will not do us any favors. Everything they have done or will do will be for their own benefit first, and ours second. There is nothing wrong with that, but we should see it for what it is. This exact sentiment has brought us where we are today, unreasonable reliance on the US. We must not make the same mistake with China.

That said, I too hope that Pak-China friendship lives long.

Wait we are getting transfer of technology from China and isn't that a step towards self reliance. Ask transfer of Tech from USA and you will get nothing.
Tell me without China's help how can Kamra be able to produce 70% of JF-17 by 2015.

I agree. Too much reliance on any one and then you are prone to black mailing and unjistified demands.
For now we are putting all the eggs in the same basket not learning one bit from history and this could hurt us severly in the future in case our relationship cools down with China.

Wait we are getting transfer of technology from China and isn't that a step towards self reliance. Ask transfer of Tech from USA and you will get nothing.
Tell me without China's help how can Kamra be able to produce 70% of JF-17 by 2015.
It's called a deal. The US doesn't need our business as much as China did. China benefited a lot from the JF-17 deal, so they offered a lot in return (including ToT). Now, as an example, India is offering big business with the MMRCA contest winner, US$10-billion, and therefore, the US is willing to transfer certain amount of their technology to India (which is outdated according to their standards). That's because the US is looking our for itself. Guess what, China does the same.

The argument that the Americans are less reliable than the Chinese as a people is flawed. They are both equally reliable, given that we can provide an equally valuable return.

Now, from Pakistan's point of view, I agree, China is a more reliable partner. But that is only because Pakistan can offer China what they want in return. Without Pakistani business, China's defense industry may not have been able to get where it is today.

Like I said, we should not expect anyone to do us any favors. Cooperation is always good, but too much reliance is bad. This is pretty much common sense, I don't see why anyone would disagree.

I agree. Too much reliance on any one and then you are prone to black mailing and unjistified demands.
For now we are putting all the eggs in the same basket not learning one bit from history and this could hurt us severly in the future in case our relationship cools down with China.

Ok, You tell me, has Pakistan any other basket to put their eggs in right now????
Germans are backing away from U-214 , will PAF get F16 C/D??? (time will tell) but Surely we will get J-10s.

First Muslims were used against USSR and now against China by West, I can't accept the fact that their was no foreign hand in Chinese recent troubles. :disagree:

u mean this...? :)

Rabiye%20xanim%20%20Bush%20bilen%20ayrim.jpg

World Uyghur Congress | Bush meets China's exiled Uighur leader (2007.06.07)

The argument that the Americans are less reliable than the Chinese as a people is flawed. They are both equally reliable, given that we can provide an equally valuable return.

USA took money for 60 more F-16s for Pakistan and never hand over a single aircraft to Pakistan, even Benazir Bhutto begged Clinton for them so in return Pakistan got US wheat form that money.

well, of course too much reliance hurt one day or another but look what is china offering us so far? They have not just fullfiled our requirements but also established our defence industry, china had a key role in all our major projects and also not just in defence but also economically they supported us in all sectors and it was not possible without the help of china where we are standing today.

For example, chinese helped to build our PAC, Army defence industry in Dhaka but unfortunately we lost that, HIT, Missiles program, Nuclear program etc and then started joint ventures such as Al-Khalid, JF-17s and other projects to make us self reliant instead of depending upon others. Chinese always not just sold us their best but also helped us become self relaint on our defence sector and also sectors. They have built so many roads in Pakistan, colloboration in Construction, Space, IT & Telecommunications, Medicines and so many other sectors and we not just purchased stuff but also the Technology was eventually transfered to Pakistan.

I understand too much reliance is never beneficial and it hurts but so far our reliance was proven true friendship and after Gwadar project it will further enhance and i don't see any thread from china in coming years too and if there is any problem, we are always there to tackle with it but so far we are doing well with chinese brothers and learning a lot from them.

Back
Top Bottom