What's new

Relationship with China or America ? What is more important ?

I thought this thread was started by a pakistani .. since such retarded and naive line of thnking is typical of them .. why should our relation ship with US be exclusive to China ? We live in a globalized world and relationship with each country has its own status
Welcome to the world of discoveries! :rofl:

We should try to be closer to china because they are closer to us. and if China get on our side Pakistans problem will be solved as well

LOL, they will give up harbors and lands they own in pakistan for a " friendship" with India. will this take place before or after the next multiple times they encroach on your lands?

LOL, they will give up harbors and lands they own in pakistan for a " friendship" with India. will this take place before or after the next multiple times they encroach on your lands?

ofc this cant be one sided. We need to be assertive of our demands at the same time.

ofc this cant be one sided. We need to be assertive of our demands at the same time.

right, your demands... how's that working out. I demand you leave pakistan lands LOL

if I were the chinese I would pray india has more of your kind... wake up and get real if you want to play in the shark tank.

Indians will think China's relation is more important when they got slapped by U.S. and isolated otherwise China is the bottom of the list. For us, Pakistan relation is more important than India despite the fact that we have alot of trade surplus with India :lol:, it's our all weather friend and the relation is one of it kind in this world, no matter the internal potitic turmoil on each side, we alway preserve an healthy relation and support each other since the establishment of diplomatic relation.

Last edited:
I was always in favour of a closer relationship with Americans than Chinese but the recent diplomatic spat and the following revelation of the FB comments of the two American diplomats in India has made me wonder , if that is the correct line of thinking. Reading comments from Americans on the internet and the coverage of American media on this issue has made me feel that though Americans may wish to be closer to us , they don't really respect us the way we have been treating them. The only reason they decided to have a strategic partnership with India was probably because India has been growing relatively fast and so is China which Americans feel threatened by. So they wish to have India in its corner if shi* ever hits the fan with China. However, since Indian economy has slowed down in the last couple of years, you don't see the same warmth from America anymore as there was before when we were growing at 8-9 % p.a. YoY.

I realise Chinese have become arrogant as well , especially with their antics at the border , but should that mean that we should ally with USA against China ? or even be closer to the US than we are to the Chinese ?

China or America or balance ? What would you choose ? and Why ? Also, is it possible for India to maintain a balance in the current situation ?

Self dependence is most important then US or CHINA , every country will listen to you if your country have powerful military and strong economy.

we are glad to see that india economies and power growing fast.
india is not friends, but also not enemy.
india is a big neighbor country. thats all.

even india is a enemy. we want to have a powerful and capable enemy.
even india is a enemy, we can still do business with them.

Neither China or the west is worth squat. The trading relations will continue because its a matter of survivl for all. But other than that we must adopt a confrontational attitude towards both China and the west. Thats the only language they will understand.

I was always in favour of a closer relationship with Americans than Chinese but the recent diplomatic spat and the following revelation of the FB comments of the two American diplomats in India has made me wonder , if that is the correct line of thinking. Reading comments from Americans on the internet and the coverage of American media on this issue has made me feel that though Americans may wish to be closer to us , they don't really respect us the way we have been treating them. The only reason they decided to have a strategic partnership with India was probably because India has been growing relatively fast and so is China which Americans feel threatened by. So they wish to have India in its corner if shi* ever hits the fan with China. However, since Indian economy has slowed down in the last couple of years, you don't see the same warmth from America anymore as there was before when we were growing at 8-9 % p.a. YoY.

I realise Chinese have become arrogant as well , especially with their antics at the border , but should that mean that we should ally with USA against China ? or even be closer to the US than we are to the Chinese ?

China or America or balance ? What would you choose ? and Why ? Also, is it possible for India to maintain a balance in the current situation ?

No -one try to become an ally of US.US is thousand miles away from us.But China is our neighbour .Now relation between China and India are soured.But this same India and China maintained its relation for more than 5000 years.In that time there is no America. Now some one wonder we a trying to close of America.But it is not that.We dont beg them for bilateral relation.After 1998 they sanctioned us,but after that they understand they cant do much against India. So they came to us and unilaterally lifted sanctions.We dont go after them.Indo-US nuclear is their effort not us.We allow their effort because we need US for now. Not against China ,but their help is needed in Afghanistan.

And US eye is in India's market both defence and nuclear.But after 5 years of nuclear deal they realise that they cant pressure
for trade deals and defence deals.
You are right.Our growth is slow down .but it is only for now.GoI take all effort to increase our economic growth.And we can pick up it in future .we have no other choice.

A balanced relationship is always preferable. America will continue to be world's number one for next two decades if something unexpected does not happen. We can not afford ignoring them if we want our interests to be preserved.

China is our biggest and strongest neighbor. People, who think India and China are enemies often forget that how these two countries cooperate with each other in different international platforms to protect their common interests. So, India as an Asian country will always need China beside her and visa verse.

Indians will think China's relation is more important when they got slapped by U.S. and isolated otherwise China is the bottom of the list. For us, Pakistan relation is more important than India despite the fact that we have alot of trade surplus with India :lol:, it's our all weather friend and the relation is one of it kind in this world, no matter the internal potitic turmoil on each side, we alway preserve an healthy relation and support each other since the establishment of diplomatic relation.

You can always maintain an "all weather eternal" friendship with Pakistan. But honestly that should bother us,Indians the least as long as the relationship does not start working against our national interest. On the ground the Chinese has offered us much more than they yielded to their "eternal" friends in terms of technological cooperation and in power and infrastructure sectors for the last decades. So, you can maintain on paper what ever you want, we all are happy so far.

Last edited:
China is our biggest and strongest neighbor. People, who think India and China are enemies often forget that how these two countries cooperate with each other in different international platforms to protect their common interests. So, India as an Asian country will always need China beside her and visa verse.

112750y6nb2gfjyat0yy4t.jpg

a example there were many conflict at LoC near dawang .
sometimes they pushing each other , sometimes they celebrating together.

Back
Top Bottom