What's new

Refrain from cow slaughter on Eid, clerics appeal to Muslims.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have places that serve beef too. We have lots of steakhouses in Bangalore. Also places that serve Hamburgers etc :D And yeah pork is served in those places too :D

Eat what you want. I don't eat pork for obvious religious reasons, but I do not feel any need to impose my dietary practices on others. Eat and drink what you want.... From what I hear pork is great.... I belive it is the most eaten meat...... I have never tried it and never will...... No one should expect others to conform.

bro he wont understand coz he has never experienced it...... even at our house it is a custom to give the first roti to cow and the last one to dog every day.... and u kno what cows visit each n every house on regular basis and sometime if u dont turn up they wont mind hitting the gate with horns to call u:) same goes for stray dogs.... but dont waste ur time explaining them:smokin:

Oh mere yaar you brought back childhood memories for me and yeah those cows will knock the door with their horns to let u know they arrived, sometimes I like to stroke their forehead but they dont like it much lol

For me Cow or Pig=
japan-pork-burger-01.jpg

Beef-Burgers.jpg

Why do Hindus worship the cow?

Hindus don't worship cows. We respect, honour and adore the cow. By honouring this gentle animal, who gives more than she takes, we honour all creatures.

Hindus regard all living creatures as sacred - mammals, fishes, birds and more. We acknowledge this reverence for life in our special affection for the cow. At festivals we decorate and honour her, but we do not worship her in the sense that we worship the Deity.

To the Hindu, the cow symbolizes all other creatures. The cow is a symbol of the Earth, the nourisher, the ever-giving, undemanding provider. The cow represents life and the sustenance of life. The cow is so generous, taking nothing but water, grass and grain. It gives and gives and gives of its milk, as does the liberated soul give of his spiritual knowledge. The cow is so vital to life, the virtual sustainer of life, for many humans. The cow is a symbol of grace and abundance. Veneration of the cow instils in Hindus the virtues of gentleness, receptivity and connectedness with nature.

Buffalo too is not different! Does it get the same respect in Hindu society?

Let's take a look at the evidence, Yeti. Each needs to contribute to your claims that Ayodhya was where Rama was borne; that precise spot is where Rama was borne.

1. The Babri structure had 14 pillars made of 'Kasauti' black stone with Hindu images. Also inside the Babri compound was a piece of a door jamb with images of 'Mukut-dhari Dwarpal' and 'Devakanyas'. Iconographical evaluation of these pillars and the door jamb by Dr. S. P. Gupta (former Director of Allahabad Museum) showed that these belonged to a Hindu temple of the 11 th Century A.D. period when the Garhwal Kings of Kanauj ruled Ayodhya.

As you yourself have summarised, the first piece of evidence shows precisely what you say it says, that there was a Hindu temple of the periiod of the 11tth century AD, when the Garhwal kings of Kanauj ruled Ayodhya. Does this prove Rama was borne in Ayodhya? No. Any point in gettiing more precise? Obviously not.

dont preach too much brother........ may be u were raised in an environment or culture where it was never bad to eat cow meat ..... past experience result in present behaviour..... may be ur past experiences and surroundings are different

BTW BEING ATHEIST IS NO DIFFERENT FROM OTHER RELIGIONS .... OTHERS STRONGLY BELIEVE THAT THERE IS GOD AND U STRONGLY BELIEVE THAT THERE IS NO GOD... SO TAKE A CHILL PILL IF SOMEONE DOES NOT EAT MEAT OR IS COMPASSIONATE TOWARDS ANIMALS...

yaa another thing respecting your culture never makes you underdeveloped..... see JAPAN

I was raised in a liberal family that discouraged superstitious thinking and encouraged thinking for myself. I was also raised in a family where we ate no pork or beef for that matter. I started eating it beacuse I love eating meat. Especially beef.

Atheism is simply disbelief in god. It is not akin to religion. Religion is an ideology.

What that guy was proposing is not culture. It is superstition. We should work to eradicate superstition from society. How is saying countries are at war because of eating meat, part of culture anyway? It isnt. Its superstition. Wars happen for political reasons. Not because of eating meat. Do you believe men rape women because they eat chowmein? If not, what he said is akin to that. And culture is subject to criticism. There are lots of things I dont agree with in Indian culture, and I have made the choice to not follow it to down to the letter. I incorporate my own experiences with other cultures, likes and dislikes and now I have a good healthy culture in my home, which is the only thing that I will follow. I can appreciate other's opinions, but not absolute dogmatic statements like - "eating meat is sin. period.".

bro he wont understand coz he has never experienced it...... even at our house it is a custom to give the first roti to cow and the last one to dog every day.... and u kno what cows visit each n every house on regular basis and sometime if u dont turn up they wont mind hitting the gate with horns to call u same goes for stray dogs.... but dont waste ur time explaining them

Thats all well and good, its not like I hate cows. Maybe I just love them too much :lol: As for feeding animals, dude Ive been doing animal rescue for the last 17 years. I have rescued 43 stray animals so far and put them up for adoption. None of them were cows though. Only cats and dogs. Especially cats that I love :lol:

Eat what you want. I don't eat pork for obvious religious reasons, but I do not feel any need to impose my dietary practices on others. Eat and drink what you want.... From what I hear pork is great.... I belive it is the most eaten meat...... I have never tried it and never will...... No one should expect others to conform.

Totally agree with that. Thats the spirit.

That is true where cow is brought in for meat in towns. But in villages it is a different story. Cow is almost like a member in home. I remember my grand mother who used to care so much for her cows. They also reciprocated the affection. They wont go for grazing unless she shows up at the kitchen. Moment she calls their name they will come running. She never traded them even in tough times. Now we just see them as tandoori fry on 4 legs. Thanks to modern religions.

Thats true of any animal. They can be quite affectionate. My cat wakes me up every morning. And if I dont get up she sits on my chest and waits for me to wake up. Its not a bovine only feature. So what if today people eat meat? Human beings are on top of the food chain and they eat meat. There is nothing wrong with that.

The second item:

2. Between 1975 and 1980 Prof. B. B. Lal (the then Director General of Archaeological Survey of India) conducted an excavation behind the Babri structure and even touching it. The excavation showed pillar bases of burnt bricks (of the preexisting temple). The most beautiful pottery dated around 8 th-9th Century B.C. was also found.

Nothing about Rama, leave alone the precise spot. Only the same 11th century temple, and pottery from two thousand years earlier.

Let's take a look at the evidence, Yeti. Each needs to contribute to your claims that Ayodhya was where Rama was borne; that precise spot is where Rama was borne.

As you yourself have summarised, the first piece of evidence shows precisely what you say it says, that there was a Hindu temple of the periiod of the 11tth century AD, when the Garhwal kings of Kanauj ruled Ayodhya. Does this prove Rama was borne in Ayodhya? No. Any point in gettiing more precise? Obviously not.

Joe I know your a history buff are u aware of what Guru Nanak said in regards to Ayodhya and Lord Rama?

Guru Nanak visited Ayodhya and said to his Muslim disciple Mardana: 'Mardania! eh Ajudhia nagari Sri Ramachandraji Ji ki hai. So, chal, iska darsan kari'e. Translation: 'Mardana! this Ayodhya city belongs to Sri Ramachandra Ji. So let us go for his darshan [visit with God].

Hi Joe,
This whole thing was put most precisely by Laloo Prasad Yadav, when he asked at the height of the controversy: "Has anybody seen Rama's Birth Certificate? Aur usme kuch Khasra Number (Plot Number) likha hua tha kya?"

Probably one of the few times that Laloo made some sense! :lol:

sacrifice camel larges of the domestic animal.......

Can hindus also produce the example of peace and harmony by rebuilding the babari mosque at same place...............?

You can ask the Mughals to do so since they destroyed the mandir to build babri masjid. The matter of fact is India has more masjids than almost every other islamic country.

All the religion in the world have their specific religious capitals. We have Mecca-Madina, Vatican City, Golden Temple..........What is there for hindus ? What is our religious capital ? Ram is one of the most sacred diety and Ayodhya deserves a Ram Mandir at his birth place.

The question that arise iswhy was a masjid built exactly on this birth place by sacrificing an existing temple.

Cow slaughter has any thing to do with Babri Masjid?-
Masoom Jon ka Masoom Sawal....koi chingaari jalaa gaya tha, aag abhi bhi lagi hai.....Tu aur main duur baith ke haath garam kar lete hain is aag se....What say,....ek Murga bhi roast kar lete hian. :D

i think this is the reason we made paksitan happy eid to all muslim brothers i have a share in cow this year eat all is halal for us :tup:

You can ask the Mughals to do so since they destroyed the mandir to build babri masjid. The matter of fact is India has more masjids than almost every other islamic country.

All the religion in the world have their specific religious capitals. We have Mecca-Madina, Vatican City, Golden Temple..........What is there for hindus ? What is our religious capital ? Ram is one of the most sacred diety and Ayodhya deserves a Ram Mandir at his birth place.

The question that arise iswhy was a masjid built exactly on this birth place by sacrificing an existing temple.

Same way Somnath was razed 3 x and why is there Kashi Mosque in Varanasi? it does not take a rocket scientist to figure it out and history provides the biggest evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom