What's new

Redrawing Karachi, ECB snubs the great MQM

MQM is more Islamic that your JUI and PML-N/PTI (Punjabi based parties)

i guess none of the parties are islamic no one preaches love for the other or NO corruption policy. they all teach hate!

I have told several times on this forum that this guy "truthseer" is a troll and a BIG ONE!!
Just ignore him and do not reply to him as he has the habit of trolling and using inflammatory remarks.

truthseer reminds me of Waffen SS , an old banned member of PDF !

bhai jo sach he woh sach he :P
MQM ab woh nahi rahi jo pehle thi jiski mein bhi support krta tha yeh sab ek hi thaali ke bengan hen !

Hmm.. well, I'm paid to post, anyways, so who cares?

punjabi based parties new term introduced :partay: PTI = Punjab Tehreek e Insaf ,, PML N = Punjab Muslim League Noon :P

i will consider mqm more islamic if they started packing tortured oponents into coffins instead of Boriz :D

KARACHI: The Muttahida Quami Movement (MQM) has filed two review petitions against the Supreme Court’s order on delimitations in Karachi, Express News reported on Monday.

The review petitions are filed in SC’s Karachi registry against the orders issued on November 26 and 28.

The party had earlier shunned challenging the apex court verdict on the subject and said it will fight it out publicly.

The issue dates back to October 2011 when the SC ordered fresh delimitation while hearing a suo motu case prompted by an exceptionally bloody summer.

The court was told that Karachi’s constituencies, which are 130 in number, suffered from the stranglehold of ethnically divisive groups. Redrawing the boundaries would help rein in ethnic strife and discourage no-go areas.

The MQM has always questioned the legality of the exercise. Party’s Deputy Convener Dr Farooq Sattar, while speaking to media today, said that “delimitation cannot be carried out without first holding a census.” He had earlier said that without fresh census, the exercise was tantamount to “pre-poll rigging.”

Calling the boundary delimitation an illegal and unjust exercise, Sattar said “MQM and its mandate are being pushed against the wall.”

The party has also questioned why delimitation was only limited to Karachi.

Redrawing Karachi: MQM files review petitions against SC verdict – The Express Tribune

A Punjabi shouldn't watch over Karachi's elections!

A "Punjabi" isn't watching over the elections in Karachi a Pakistani is.

No one has the right to object to another Pakistani, who is qualified to hold the position, nor should they face any form of discrimination based on which part of the country they are from which is deplorable from the Islamic perspective as well as being unconstitutional.

Another move to benefit Punjab by the CJ

Changes to Karachi's constituencies were made both in 2002 and 2007 so I don't see why anyone should object to them being changed again now.

Were they changed before to benefit the MQM?

Changes to Karachi's constituencies were made both in 2002 and 2007 so I don't see why anyone should object to them being changed again now.
Were they changed before to benefit the MQM?

Changes can only be made once census are conducted , Redrawing Karachi is illegal ... confirmed by several judicial experts

Muhajirs are more pakistanis than all of you. Its a muhajir who gave you the identity Pakistani. If not for them, you would be just living in an United India.
Acha? Both side of my family migrated from India and lost almost half of their families. My grandma still tells us the story of her migration on independence day. But I never claim to be mohajir. I am a Pakistani first and Pakistani last. We never claim any superiority. These people still call them mohajirs to convey a sense that they are treated as second rate citizen. The migrants of East punjab witnessed far bloodier conflict than the mohajirs of south India. Yet you wont find anybody in Punjab claiming to be mohajir even the migrants from south India living in peace with others unlike Karachi which has witnessed countless bloodshed in the name of mohajir-non mohajir identities. I was, I am and I will always remain loyal to Pakistan.

Changes can only be made once census are conducted , Redrawing Karachi is illegal ... confirmed by several judicial experts
But was there any census in 2007 based on which constituencies were redrawn?

Back
Top Bottom