What's new

Recruitment scam in IAF

s90

Reaction score
20/2/2009 : The Indian Air force officers have blown the lid off a major recruitment scam. The worry is that the racked could have spilled over to the recruitment to the Army, Navy and even the Indian Military Academy.

Exclusive information available with TIMES NOW reveals that lure of money has threatened to penetrate the coveted ranks of the Indian Air force. A recruitment racket - run by a ring of scamsters was recently busted in Madhya Pradesh, promising candidates a career in the Indian Air force.

"While correcting the papers, we found that performance of few of the candidates was exceptionally high, which is quite unusual by any standards. Then we questioned those candidates specifically subject-wise in the interview and they could not perform as well," Wing Commander Ashok Chaturvedi said on the scam.

The modus operandi was simple. First the fake candidates entered the examination hall with forged identities and crack the paper in 30 minutes. They would then walk-out and handover the answers to 'real' candidates. And finally, the real candidates come back to the examination hall to give the exam.

"They used to contact candidates that could pay good money, upto rupees three lakhs and keep their original documents...it was sort of a contract," Bhopal superintendent Jaydeep Prasad told TIMES NOW.

Shockingly, sources suggest that these scamsters have organised rackets across the defence services, including entry into the hallowed Indian Military Academy. The question loom large as to how many undeserving candidates are being trained to defend India's borders in the future.

Now i am waiting for Indians members to accuse ISI for this scam!

sir,
Its happening just like any other goverment organizing body, my gate keeper who worked in indian army now retired told me he wanted his son to go to army but officer demanded 2 lacs of rupees. That is just one thing there are many other stuff, like i heard that egg scam where army was given bad eggs. This is not new,corruption is story of life in these parts of world i know it might be happening to pakistan too. But no point to blame pakistan accept the fact and if can do something about it.

sir,
Its happening just like any other goverment organizing body, my gate keeper who worked in indian army now retired told me he wanted his son to go to army but officer demanded 2 lacs of rupees. That is just one thing there are many other stuff, like i heard that egg scam where army was given bad eggs. This is not new,corruption is story of life in these parts of world i know it might be happening to pakistan too. But no point to blame pakistan accept the fact and if can do something about it.
Corruption exist in every part of the world.It's just that it's too wide spread in South Asia.

You know saad bhai, these scam and scandal have become story of everyday now. switcnews channel you dins them. And to be true i think a big IAF scam is on the way-that will be this MMRCA . Now way its possible to go smooth without entry of politicians and scams. SO just wait and see.
But one good thing is the awake media - how rediculed they might be but on the way to milk money they somehow provide real face of these currupt people.
its just like cop recruitment or crpf or army happens everywhere.

they say 10 me se 9 be-iman ; but still mera bharat mahan!

i would love to see something is done about this act, but i doubt anything would be done.

These things can happen in any written paper exam as 'fake' candidates entering with forged ID's is not something that has to do with IAF.It was not as if the papers were leaked so any IAF person was not involved.Besides IAF was even able to recognize this tells that they are very professional who scrutinize the papers minutely to look for any wrong doing.And this thing can happen anywhere even in Pak and will come to light only when they will be able to identify it.Moreover the criteria of selecting a candidate is very tough and merely cracking a paper does not gurantee selection, one has to have overall personality development and creativity as well as group discussion skills in which 'bogus' candidates will falter.'Fake' candidates giving exams is very rampant in India and Pak . This doesn't in any way put question mark on professionalism of forces and IAF has done a commendable job in identifying it.

Nice to see that the fraud was busted. We need quality personnel in defense. Next, I hope they do something about the corrupt politicians and bar them from contesting elections in future.

I am prepared to bet it's not only in India.It happens almost in every country.
It's a good thing the fraud was busted in India,would be nice if it happened in other countries too.Corruptions need to be exposed.

Back
Top Bottom