What's new

Record sale of 1.3m bikes in 2009-10

Recently a Nano did Ladakh, Manali-Leh road, fully loaded with passengers and luggage. Speaks volumes about this small car with a big heart!

Only problem is the long waiting list. My younger brother, inspite of being with the TATA's, has gotten his allotment date only later this year .... and he got that date when the car was officially launched.

Why the price is really exciting to drag racing buffs here is that there is news already about guys at different parts of the country working on mounting the engine onto a Bullet chassis and working on forced induction turbocharging/supercharging the motor to generate some serious power! :)

There is guy in Poona with probably the country's fastest Bullet, aiming to set a land speed record at Bonneville next year, and is working on finding sponsors for that.

http://motocamp.blogspot.com/

Cheers, Doc

Last edited:
so much peace in this thread !!!

i like that !!:pdf::pop:

A biker has no religion, no borders !!

so much peace in this thread !!!

i like that !!:pdf::pop:

A biker has no religion, no borders !!

Unfortunately the "border" part is not true, otherwise you would have found me and some friends riding around the gorgeous mountains of SWAT and P O K.

Ceers, Doc

Unfortunately the "border" part is not true, otherwise you would have found me and some friends riding around the gorgeous mountains of SWAT and P O K.

Ceers, Doc

And me in shimla... My grand parents had a cottage they had to abandon during partition in Shimla... perhaps one day i will visit.

Indian govt slaps ridiculous duty on imported higher displAcement bikes(60% duty+30%tax). *Not sure about pak. Pak members can verify.

So Indians are left with Royal Enfield. which is not bad for Indian condition. And it has fair amount of fans in the west as original british classic along with Triumph. * its getting more and more popular. Love its unique sound There are many blogs on the bullet. I dont think its available in pak. I hope the relation improve and As part of diplomacy india should export bullet(... The one that doesnt kill) to pak. After all as a british legacy pak riders should have privilage to ride bullet!

I like bike talk. Here is website for bike fans turbo.com. Chck for 'twist the throttle'

Live to ride , ride to live!
No matter what you ride!!
Ride safe!!! *

There is a tax similar to road tax in Pakistan, based on the CC of your vehicle. Anything bellow 1000 and its only 500 Rupees, anything above and upto 5000.

Imported bikes like the Suzuki GSXR are heavily ladend with tax and custom duty, a 2008 GSXR will set you back 28 Lakh + General Sales Tax. However older bikes 500+ like Kawasaki GT550, Matchless, GSX, BSA all can be bought under the 3 Lakh mark and have little or no tax associated.

Shimla is nice, but unfortunately hardly a proper hill station anymore. Its more like a biggish city at slight altitude if you know what I mean.

But further East from Shimla towards Kufri, Narkanda, Theog, Sarahan, Chitkul, Rekong Peo and then onwards to the Lahaul and Spiti valleys ..... now that is heaven!

Check out some killer travelogues and photos on this group -

India Travel Forum and Community, BCMTouring.com

Cheers, Doc

Ceers, Doc

It is not just the border. You simply can't ride around the mountains of this P O K thing because it simply doesn't exist. How can you ride around something which simply doesn't exist? :what:

Yeah if you are talking abo8ut AJK than yes border is an issue.

:)

It is not just the border. You simply can't ride around the mountains of this P O K thing because it simply doesn't exist. How can you ride around something which simply doesn't exist? :what:

Yeah if you are talking abo8ut AJK than yes border is an issue.

Its a viewpoint thing brother.

Now if I call you a juvenile troll instead of Areesh, it does not imply that you simply do not exist does it?

Cheers, Doc

Hi everbody,

I never expected any car & bike thread in this forum.I myself have traveled a lot on bike.Royal Enfield is the brand,that I think is best suited when it comes to taking a road trip in India(I myself have one,350cc).
Btw,I use a Pulsar 220 for daily use.

Allow me to share some pics....

2009_bajaj_pulsar_220_non-fi.jpg

zrclip-002n2d8019c3.png

These pics are not of my bike though,but of similar model.

Its a viewpoint thing brother.

Now if I call you a juvenile troll instead of Areesh, it does not imply that you simply do not exist does it?

Cheers, Doc

It isn't about view point. It is about reality. P O K name thing doesn't exist. Simple.

The one who think it exists are living in a fool's paradise. Anyways you can continue with your biking chat and experiences.

Last edited:
It isn't about view point. It is about reality. P O K name thing doesn't exist. Simple.

The one who thing it exists are living in a fool's paradise. Anyways you can continue with your biking chat and experiences.

Bye. :wave: Thanks for leaving.

Cheers, Doc

I wanted to share something with the other forum members over here,but was skeptical about it.But now,i think,this is the perfect thread to share the story of an escapade of a common Indian man.

The title:My Big Escapade - Destination Unknown...

The punchline:The truth is out there. Get out of your couch!!
The man:
CrossCountry08115c.jpg

The goal: Entire India!!!

The Story:: My Big Escapade - Destination Unknown...

n-JOI!!!!!

^^^ The legendary Bullet 350. The bike India and the Indian Army rode on for decades since Independence, till the Indo-Jap bikes came along in the mid 80s.

The bike that holds a World Record (which will probably never be broken) for the bike model having the longest uninterrupted production run of all time.

Made by a company that is 4 years older that Harley-Davidson.

Iconised by Dharmendra and Amitabh Bacchan in Sholay's YehDosti and later by the all-time popular jingle "Yeh Bullat Meri Jaan ....."

Cheers, Doc

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom