What's new

Reasons why J-20 isn't PAF's requirement

What do you mean by no chance? The F-35 is the best 5th gen fighter out right now. It will be way better then the Su-50's and Rafales India has bought.

J-31 isn't as good as the F-35, and we are still far from building our own fighter.
F-16 block 52 is 55 60 million $ fighter jet, so how can we get 85 to 100 million $ F-35 :crazy::crazy::crazy: and its basically air to ground jet intended to replace A-10, F-16 US air-force main air superiority jets are F-22 and F-15

try to understand what i wrote again brother
Brother you have made a very serious statement. So I want to know the details that why you think J20 has no chance against PAK FA.

Ok let me explain. PAK FA is a fifth generation fighter. The answer to fifth generation fighter is a fifth generation fighter which are presently F22, F35, J 20and almost fifth generation fighters can be termed as Rafale, Eurofighter, Su 35, J 31. AND for information it is mentioned that none of fifth generation options are available to Pakistan except J 20. Similarly, you don't have the option of rafale, Eurofighter, sukhois available except J 31. And block 52 F 16s are not available to you which are inferior to F 16 V. So, how can you say that J 20 should not be procured.
Chinese are making tremendous strides in avionics and stealth technology and underestimating Chinese is short of committing a crime.
Regarding long range bomber argument, Indians don't need to go a lot further for Pakistan as we don't have strategic depth and yet they are investing in long range platforms. On the other hand, we do need long range platform as we may have to strike deep into India.

So J 20 is a go. It will fulfill your 5th generation requirement and it will be sanctions free which is the most important thing. It's maintenance issues wont be a problem as with the passage of time we will have more maintenance facilities available with us and it will help in developing our own 5th generation platform in the future. Think positive and think beyond tomorrow. Thanks.

Last edited:
F-16 block 52 is 55 60 million $ fighter jet, so how can we get 85 to 100 million $ F-35 :crazy::crazy::crazy: and its basically air to ground jet intended to replace A-10, F-16 US air-force main air superiority jets are F-22 and F-15
If we have plans to fund a 5th gen fighter, then the F-35 would be the best choice.

BTW, the F-35 is a multi role stealth fighter. Its far superior in air-to-air combat then any fighter the Indians will buy/have, especially in BVR.

This thread needs intervention from a senior member

PLAAF themselves will be relying on J10 & Flankers will into the next decade ,

If the chinease have one single regiment of J20 fighters fully operational with support by 2025 they will consider job well done.,

The J31 is test bed prototype and a decade away and may still not achieve IOC at all.

The TFX is a project on slides and vedios ..... it does not exist and will not exist for another 15-20 years.

The chinease have made great strides in aero science BUT their technology is still playing catch up to

USA
France
Russia

Now that the Rafale is coming to india in 2019 I FULLY EXPECT the GOP to reaproach USA with a olive branch to make peace and loads of promises from Pakistan in hope of securing a second squadron of F16/52 with USA grant aid funding.

I expect a rush of Pakistan ministers to get to Trump and his newly elected party leaders in early 2017

The rest is just too far far away

If we have plans to fund a 5th gen fighter, then the F-35 would be the best choice.

BTW, the F-35 is a multi role stealth fighter. Its far superior in air-to-air combat then any fighter the Indians will buy/have, especially in BVR.
string attach to F-35 whereas J-31 will be string free, it is less agile and maneuverable than Su-30MKI and RAFALE but yes it is far more advance than RAFALE and Su-30MKI in the term of avionics and radar

Forget J20, F35, Eurofighter, SU35 and all other XYZ options. They are not for Pakistan. Pakistan is not going to get anything except J31 or TFX or maybe something JF17 type option. Rest are only for Fan boys.

string attach to F-35 whereas J-31 will be string free, it is less agile and maneuverable than Su-30MKI and RAFALE but yes it is far more advance than RAFALE and Su-30MKI in the term of avionics and radar
What do you mean by string attached? In terms of avionics, the J-31 is not on par with the Rafale and Super Sukhoi's. Just as @Storm Force said
If the chinease have one single regiment of J20 fighters fully operational with support by 2025 they will consider job well done.,
The J31 is test bed prototype and a decade away and may still not achieve IOC at all.
The TFX is a project on slides and vedios ..... it does not exist and will not exist for another 15-20 years.
The chinease have made great strides in aero science BUT their technology is still playing catch up to
USA
France
Russia

Forget J20, F35, Eurofighter, SU35 and all other XYZ options. They are not for Pakistan. Pakistan is not going to get anything except J31 or TFX or maybe something JF17 type option. Rest are only for Fan boys.
Well then if you are correct we are fucked.

The J-31 is in prototype stages (and may not even enter service) And the TFX......well it hasn't even been built yet. The JF-17 (currently) is barely 4th gen, far away from 5th.

could you please explain what avionics are used on J-31 ?? [emoji6] [emoji6] [emoji18] [emoji18] [emoji18] [emoji18] i have mentioned several times on other threads that with the presence of FC-31 and its avionics , PAF will completely outmactch IAF....the missile package , radar with j31 is ehat os enough for paf to counter rafale mkis

What do you mean by string attached? In terms of avionics, the J-31 is not on par with the Rafale and Super Sukhoi's. Just as @Storm Force said

Well then if you are correct we are fucked.

The J-31 is in prototype stages (and may not even enter service) And the TFX......well it hasn't even been built yet. The JF-17 (currently) is barely 4th gen, far away from 5th.
just like for F-16 block 52 use that and don't use this purpose, i am not saying about J-31, J-31 is in the development stages but for F-35 is far more advance than Su-30MKI and RAFALE in the term of avionics but agility and maneuverability is far more worse than MKI and RAFALE and its a basically a strike jet not true air superiority jet like F-22, PAK-FA and J-20 whos pirmary mission is air to air fight you accept it or not kid:p::p:

could you please explain what avionics are used on J-31 ?? [emoji6] [emoji6] [emoji18] [emoji18] [emoji18] [emoji18] i have mentioned several times on other threads that with the presence of FC-31 and its avionics , PAF will completely outmactch IAF....the missile package , radar with j31 is ehat os enough for paf to counter rafale mkis
bro i am pointed at F-35 to avionics not J-31 avionics

Chinease cockpit Technology is on a par at best with Russia

That means the radar ew suites cockpit interface and jammers will be inferior to both USA French and Israeli systems.

The j31,is flying without the future radar ew suites and jsmmers .
All we have is the basic airframe even the engine maybe is a Russian origin.

As far as we know the Chinese have yet to develope an aesa radar.

How can anyone claim.the j31,has superior technology to mki rafale is beyond me

USA
France
Russia

Now that the Rafale is coming to india in 2019 I FULLY EXPECT the GOP to reaproach USA with a olive branch to make peace and loads of promises from Pakistan in hope of securing a second squadron of F16/52 with USA grant aid funding.

I expect a rush of Pakistan ministers to get to Trump and his newly elected party leaders in early 2017

Not so far away !!!! A squadron of 20 J-20 are already ready for combat. No need to go to 2025. An AESA radar already developed. Engine issue fixed. Mass production has already started.

J-20 has become the need of Pakistan Air force to counter the S-400.

The thread was created about two years ago, and somethings become clear.
All has not gone well with the PAKFA program. The T-50 flew almost a year before the J-20. The latter has gone into SBP and is going to mass production soon (if not already). Not so with the PAKFA. It is scheduled for SBP in 2017 provided all trials succeed.

J20 will be updated in the near future in terms of engine.Now we are using WS-10B and the capacity is not enough.We are developing WS-15 and will equip in the near future.We have a long way to materialize the mass production.Some friends said that J20 is equipped with Russia engine.Our major general has made the conclusion that our J20 is using Chinese domestic engine now.But if J20 really want to compete with F22 or surpass it to some extent,we must equip WS-15 at least.
It is impossible to export J20 to Pakistan in the near future because it is not a consummate platform so far.IMHO,J31 is not possible in the near future.Because PLA airforce still doesn't deploy it and we need to test it fully.Except it may happen that Pakistan has severely potentional warfare with some nations.
But I think if possible,China and Pakistan could jointly develop a 5th-generaion aircraft suitable for Pakistan.The assembly line and R&D center is in Pakistan.Now Pakistan has JF-17 ,why not 5th-generation aircraft.

USA
France
Russia

We need F-35's.

That's right.
If India walks closely to Russia, then the US will consider his old friend Pak.

But who knows what happens next. Last time they sold F-16's and then keep them for a long time.
India is still too heavy for the US in her global strategy.

Back
Top Bottom