What's new

Real story of Kargil war

Status
Not open for further replies.
I swear this wasn't even a war. No PA No PAF.

These guys think that Mirage 2000 dropping bomb on mujaheedens was victory? my a$$. Those poor guys didn't even have anything greater than an AK-47.

If our F-16s took off from Air Bases, these Indians would pee in their pants. Maybe i should remind how those SU-30s u-turned in 2008... :rofl:

loll pakistanis sitting on top of mountain shot indians right on their heads, 100s were simply killed in the hunt to reach the top. anyways even if u had all the support conclusion would have been the same.

there is no point of demanding punishment for ur armymen, they gave life for ur country. u should honour and consider them ur heroes, like this.

this feroz khan, look at his professionalism:rofl:, to me he looks more like a taliban terrorist than an armyman.
Moin Akhtar with kargil hero feroz khan.flv - YouTube

Feroz Khan would be ready to go at you ******** again. Watch your mouth and stop with insults. Discuss the topic without trying to take cheap shots, because we can say many more hurtful things.

Kargil was yet another example of lack of vision and acumen of Pak Generals in conducting war.

Traditionally they have been bold in planning but have consistently displayed poor ability to ' think / war game a situation through to its end state. Few selected Examples :

1. Sending the PA as razakars into J&K without thought to the Indian political & military riposte.
2. Ayub's sending Paratroops into J&K in 65 before the war in the hope that the locals will ' rise' against India . Exactly the opposite happened.
3. Again in 65 Ayub's plan to sever J&K failed when he did not consider the Indian counter thrust on lahore. This led to his thrust against akhnoor fading out.
4 In 71, the attack on laungewala was a brilliant move poor planned & executed with no air cover & supplies the tanks were doomed from the start.
5. Again in 71 , letting things get out of hand in E Pak to a point that the break off from W Pak became a foregone conclusion.
6. In the 80's they tried to apply the Af template on Punjab , the results need no elaboration.

Pak Generals have often assumed that wars can be ' localized' . The attacker loses the initiative once the IB / LOC is crossed. Thereafter the defender is at liberty to counter attack at a time & place of his choosing.

This is what happened at kargil.

Mush who now tries to be an epitome of sincerity thought he could do a Siachen on India at Kargil. In line with his predecessors he did not take into account of two things - the Media & India's ability to respond . Add to this India ever inclination to expand war into the plains , deserts , Sea & skies. His conversation with his Generals while he was in China was picked up and was on national TV. He did not chose to keep his PM in the loop either.

It was against this real , live & confirmed threat that Nawaz had to rush to US ( not at the US calling) on their national holiday 4th July - a day when no govt transaction happens with an SOS request.

Yet another "real story" in a long line of real stories...:lazy:

@ third eye,

It was not only because of poor planning..but because those "adventures" were planned by the Army with little or no consultation, co-operation with AF or Navy.

In many cases the AF or Navy simply refused to obey the orders relayed by the Army due to their own limitations or assessments.

Dear Pakistanis,

The truth of the matter is that Kargil was an operation that was half-assed. The operation humiliated Indian forces to the point that Indians still feel insecure to this day. Pakistan's biggest mistake was that it did not invest into the operation by 100 percent.

I swear this wasn't even a war. No PA No PAF.

These guys think that Mirage 2000 dropping bomb on mujaheedens was victory? my a$$. Those poor guys didn't even have anything greater than an AK-47.

If our F-16s took off from Air Bases, these Indians would pee in their pants. Maybe i should remind how those SU-30s u-turned in 2008... :rofl:

well dude we r ready to accept we lost happily. u take it. we dont need a victory on pak its below our level of victory. beating kiddies is not something india should be proud of.

This conflict was not a victory by either side. Especially since Pakistan had not prepared properly. However, one thing that can be said was that the Indians were caught with their pants down, and humiliated thoroughly.

This conflict was not a victory by either side. Especially since Pakistan had not prepared properly. However, one thing that can be said was that the Indians were caught with their pants down, and humiliated thoroughly.

right thats really makes sence :blink:

who today holds the peak that ur army captured?
ur army was armed with surface to air guns, grenedes bombs, lmgs good enough to kill 500 indians. if u think we were humiliated then i guess look how the world looked at it. it was considered distrust by the entire world by a nuclear power. bhutto called it the biggest disaster of pak history. and u say we r humiliated goshhh

On failing the exam, if you give an excuse like I failed the exam only because I did not prepare properly, you still fail the exam.

Ohh so it is our fault that you decided to inavade our country and you were not prepared.

We were caught with our pants down??or were you trying to take advantage of unoccupied posts which Indian soldiers used to leave for the past so many years whenever winters came and now you say that India should de-militarise Siachen!

Regarding getting humiliated...the whole world knows who got humiliated and who wasnt willing to accept the body of their jawans.

Anyway I understand the situation Pakistanis are going through right now,especially in Siachen and how badly they need some morale boosters..so I will desist from commenting further. :)

Yet another "real story" in a long line of real stories...:lazy:

@ third eye,

It was not only because of poor planning..but because those "adventures" were planned by the Army with little or no consultation, co-operation with AF or Navy.

In many cases the AF or Navy simply refused to obey the orders relayed by the Army due to their own limitations or assessments.

The part emboldened above is a part of Tri Services planning which comes naturally to any soldier.

i am deeply surprised to see pakistanis jutifying their defeat by saying we were not prepared. to attack kyoo kiya tha bhai.

In my opinion, Kargil war was one of the most foolish acts of pakistan,and it benefitted india in many ways.

The mistakes in indian side:
1. Intelligence failure. Such an attack in large scale wasn't foreseen.
2. Underestimation of the level of intrusion by the army. For eg: intially army failed to detect the presence of weapon locating radars which resulted in a lot of casualities.

However i am thankfull for the kargil war as all the three forces ie,navy ,airforce and army conducted coordinated movements. Navy did an excellent job. Also,airforce's surgical strikes helped us win the game.

Why didn't any heads roll in Pakistan Army after yet another debacle after fall of Dacca , will we ever learn !! why is Army a
gao mata for us (excuse the reference my Indian friends)

Once thing is for sure - Indian army was caught with their pants down , million dollar question is : What was Pak Army's exit strategy ? was there any ? did they jump in without any planning ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom