What's new

Real story of Kargil war

Status
Not open for further replies.

opportunist86

New Recruit

Reaction score
While reading about the recent incident in Siachen, I got to read about Pak-India Kargil war. It seems wikipedia's article on Kargil has been written by indians. Is it all true as mentioned on wikipedia. If its not, then it needs to be corrected. It just mentions defeat of Pakistan army and everything good about indians.
By the way, what is the real story. Was Pakistan really defeated that badly??

- We initiated it
- Only Army knew about the operation which was a mistake.
- Due to political reasons (Indians political victory) the operation was called off resulting in lots of loss of life at our end
- Strategically we had upper hand and would had given India a very hard time if supplies and full support was given
- If it had prolonged we would had gone to a full scale war
- Apart from political side, India also won on the media side.

Above mentioned is what i believe in.

While reading about the recent incident in Siachen, I got to read about Pak-India Kargil war. It seems wikipedia's article on Kargil has been written by indians. Is it all true as mentioned on wikipedia. If its not, then it needs to be corrected. It just mentions defeat of Pakistan army and everything good about indians.

Go on. 'Correct' it.

Then some Indian will 'correct' it.

...and the game will go on.

there are other neutral sources available on line mate . why not look them up !!!
it might give you a version you have not heard before.:)

I am glad you asked.

Wikipedia is not a reliable source but it can be at times more accurate than your local newspaper. Check out other international sources which you trust.. Check out the real story about other wars too.

pakistanis were placed on the top of the mountain. according to some rule both sides withdrew during winters and returned during summers, but pak reached before us and captured the post. we gave a lot of lifes to reach to top. but once we reached there then it nothing but a fest for our soldiers. this war brought pakistanis nothing but hate and distrust from the world including all weather china. it showed that pak is more under influence of army and not the govt of pak. pakistan failed on political and military fronts. this is the truth. it hurts to be a sore looser.

i agree,ifit was not the ganja meddling in the affairs because ofamerican pressure, we would have got what pakistan had not imagined, a truce over kashmir and all pakistan had needed, but ganja lost us the war, he bowed down to american pressure

its one of the reasons why america is hated in pakistan so much, because when the real time came, america sided with india rather than pakistan

- We initiated it
- Only Army knew about the operation which was a mistake.
- Due to political reasons (Indians political victory) the operation was called off resulting in lots of loss of life at our end
- Strategically we had upper hand and would had given India a very hard time if supplies and full support was given
- If it had prolonged we would had gone to a full scale war
- Apart from political side, India also won on the media side.

Above mentioned is what i believe in.
But Sharif said that we were left with only 6 days of oil in the country. India had ceased our supplies by sea. This is written on wikipedia. Am I correct in perceiving that Pakistan lost that war? Pakistan lost a lots of live? Why? When Pakistan captured such a great position initially.
PS: This is not me. This is because of my hate for India...

But Sharif said that we were left with only 6 days of oil in the country. India had ceased our supplies by sea. This is written on wikipedia. Am I correct in perceiving that Pakistan lost that war? Pakistan lost a lots of live? Why? When Pakistan captured such a great position initially.
PS: This is not me. This is because of my hate for India...

nah bro u won the war, u won 1965 and 1971 too. its all yours :yahoo:

i agree,ifit was not the ganja meddling in the affairs because ofamerican pressure, we would have got what pakistan had not imagined, a truce over kashmir and all pakistan had needed, but ganja lost us the war, he bowed down to american pressure

its one of the reasons why america is hated in pakistan so much, because when the real time came, america sided with india rather than pakistan

in guess india wasnt the one who violated the ceasefire, it was pakistan. but whatever we gave u guys an amazing lesson and america is still giving u lessons everyday.

no only army did not know about---only musharaff & a few of his cronies knew about it -----i.e. no real planning was done---no planning for forces needed in light of Indian force levels and capabilities; no planning about logistics: resupply, maintaining supplies; --no operational planning---if the indians decided to take AK or widen the war to all of pk as they would have done if their attempt to retake kargil had failed or pk had really threatened indian position in occupied kashmir----PAF was not on board----Fo was not on board-----in short a total and utter fiasco - front line troops were sent to die much like Enver Pasha,s eastern offensive in 1914 when he sent 90,000 ottoman soldiers to die and then ran away after the attack failed---all senior officers involved in planning (GOC FCNA, Corps Comd, COAS etc need to be courtmartialled and punished)......

Mods please change the title of this thread.
Please change 'Kargil War' to ' Kargil conflict'
Thanks...

guys lets finish it by saying that india won but pakistan scored well and killed enough indians to be proud of.

Go on. 'Correct' it.

Then some Indian will 'correct' it.

...and the game will go on.

they are bunch of losers. i was in an "edit war" with these low life scums of the earth, who have nothing better to do than sit in front of the computer far away from mirrors and people. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom