What's new

Ready or not, Japan wants to buy the Pentagon’s controversial Osprey aircraft

You don't need to post from wikipedia , Im very well versed in the territorial disputes between Japan and some nation(s) in East Asia.

And like i said earlier, bring it on baby boy... :dirol:

Before we never considered China as a threat. But with North Korea's belligerence, and the China's rather obtrusive policy towards hegemony, which is in clear violation of the 1978 Treaty of Peace and Friendship with Japan, Japan is forced to awaken from our pacifism to a more robust military and geopolitical policy.

What you are seeing is just the beginning. As Japan enters the global stage as a military power, we have just begun to partner with foreign countries in military R&D. Just these past 2 months, we have signed military R&D partnerships with:
1) Israel, 2) Australia, 3) France, and 4) the United Kingdom.The future is bright for Japan and the rest of Asia - Pacific.

;)

Before you never consider China as threat, because we were only the "sick man of Asia" and a bunch of unstick sand in Japanese's eyes. we were inferior virtually all aspect compare to you, when Japan realized that we start to catch them up quickly in term of economy, technology and military, our international position was strengthening: we stroke the deal everywhere Africa, South Latrine America, Middle East, we compete with Japan over resources and reduce American's influence around the world economically or geopolitically, it became so obvious that we become not only a threat to Japan, Vietnam, Philippine, India but also to U.S. So any bush1t excuses are good to paint China as bad guy to justify Japan military spending and policy changed and I don't need to go over the 9 dots or other Sino-Japanese issues such Island...it's totally pointless.

But one thing can be sure is that we're not going to please anyone just because they paint us as bad guy, we will plot our course and fulfill our destiny as how we Chineses always had done, if one day that our path is on collision course with any nation...so be it...

I wish all the best for the People's Republic of China. Just know that we will do what we must to develop ourselves and to have an active role in Global Geopolicy. We know that your country, will also go tit for tat. That said, best of luck. :-)

Here's a pic of why the MV-22 is a game changer.

th

One of the most difficult problems is moving troops around the battlefield.
Basically you only have three options in a warzone:
1) Fly them in helicopters
2) Parachute them out of a plane
3) Drive them there.

The problem is the combat radius of a transport helicopter SUCKS.
Tossing them out of a plane sucks too.
Hard to drive when the place you want to go has no roads.

The MV-22 has a range that is well beyond a helicopter.
It can fly twice as high as a helicopter.
It can fly twice as fast as a helicopter

Just so many wins.

One of the most difficult problems is moving troops around the battlefield.
Basically you only have three options in a warzone:
1) Fly them in helicopters
2) Parachute them out of a plane
3) Drive them there.

The problem is the combat radius of a transport helicopter SUCKS.
Tossing them out of a plane sucks too.
Hard to drive when the place you want to go has no roads.

The MV-22 has a range that is well beyond a helicopter.
It can fly twice as high as a helicopter.
It can fly twice as fast as a helicopter

Just so many wins.

Yes and Yes. These birds can also accomodate Type 93 ASMs, and Type 07 ASROCs.

Thus, these beautiful birds can perform duties for :
1) troop transport
2) ground assault (gunship)
3) anti-ship capability
4) anti-submarine capability

They are just exactly what the JMSDF needs to augment our developing carrier force. And the USN has been so helpful in Japan's plan to build our CBGs.. :-)

Yes and Yes. These birds can also accomodate Type 93 ASMs, and Type 07 ASROCs.

Thus, these beautiful birds can perform duties for :
1) troop transport
2) ground assault (gunship)
3) anti-ship capability
4) anti-submarine capability

They are just exactly what the JMSDF needs to augment our developing carrier force. And the USN has been so helpful in Japan's plan to build our CBGs.. :-)

Plus because it can fly twice as fast as a helicopter it can actually keep up with aerial tankers vs having the tankers fly dangerously slow to refuel a helicopter - which with the rotors is a tricky maneuver in itself.

Plus because it can fly twice as fast as a helicopter it can actually keep up with aerial tankers vs having the tankers fly dangerously slow to refuel a helicopter - which with the rotors is a tricky maneuver in itself.

I will say this @Peter C , as much as i am proud of Japanese military developments, I am always awed at the ... league the United States Military has placed itself in. I mean, the amount R&D is emphasized, as fast as nations are catching up to the US, the US manages to skip ahead and surprise us with new design(s). I mean, with the recent Rail Gun ? And the behemoth that is the Gerald Ford Class Super-Carrier? Nations are just developing carriers that are slightly smaller than the Nimitz Class. And American comes up with something new, greater...

No doubt, Yamamoto Isoroku was right about the capacity of America...

And far superior than the helo in many ways. The trade offs are more than acceptable. Your PLA wish Chinese aviation have the expertise to develop something like the Osprey.
Superior in what? If your plan is to transfer troop. We will BEAT your *** down with Bison Hovercraft that can lift 500 troops or 150 tons of armors compare to the Osprey's 24 troops or 6 tons of weapons. I think you know the answer to that!

Please stop joking that we wish we build a "twin-tilt rotor". Why should we settle for "twin" when we could built a "quad-tilt rotor" that can lift 20-tons, 2,000 miles range, 500 miles radius, and cruise at 280mph called "The Blue Whale"?

blue-whale.jpg

Superior in what? If your plan is to transfer troop. We will BEAT your *** down with Bison Hovercraft that can lift 500 troops or 150 tons of armors compare to the Osprey's 24 troops or 6 tons of weapons. I think you know the answer to that!
The Osprey can travel faster and further than your hovercraft. Further, the hovercraft is pretty much limited to amphibious ops while the Osprey can fly over obstacles to deliver just the right amount of troops and equipment to conduct special operations. Your original comparison is with the helo. Now you want to move the goal posts ?

Please stop joking that we wish we build a "twin-tilt rotor". Why should we settle for "twin" when we could built a "quad-tilt rotor" that can lift 20-tons, 2,000 miles range, 500 miles radius, and cruise at 280mph called "The Blue Whale"?
The joke here is on you, kid. The Osprey is here and now. When China can build that quad tilt rotor, we can talk.

xunzi ... wow ... when you could use that new design?
why not use this design as your inspiration

AVENGERS_WETA_VFX_09.jpg

Last edited:
The Osprey can travel faster and further than your hovercraft. Further, the hovercraft is pretty much limited to amphibious ops while the Osprey can fly over obstacles to deliver just the right amount of troops and equipment to conduct special operations. Your original comparison is with the helo. Now you want to move the goal posts ?
Who care if it travel faster if it has "tiny payload and carry only 24 troops" and the distance to the island from China and Japan main land is short? If we land just one hovercraft, that is equivalent of you landing 41 Ospreys. The key to occupy an island is how many troops you can put and equivalent you can drop there and the speed. Osprey has the speed advantage while we have the payload and troop scale advantage.

The joke here is on you, kid. The Osprey is here and now. When China can build that quad tilt rotor, we can talk.
LOL! My American friend, never say never to us. If we want to do something, we will. Right now, we are "experimenting". We don't even know this type of design is feasible because of its less compact and risky design. The Osprey is not exactly a safe bet, which is why the US sold it. However, expect 2015 for a prototype from us. This is our friendly response! LOL

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom