What's new

Reading the true life of the bottom in China

Your English is ok, mate, it's just the metality to translate everything that makes me wonder. Even names of places, which is particularly not helpful for us foreigners at all, because when we are in China and only know the translated name, nobody would understand what we are talking about, e.g. telling the taxi driver to bring me to People's Square and he will look at you like an alien from Mars. Even with bad pronounciation, taxi drivers would rather be able to grasp where you want to go if you tell them to go to Renmin Guangchang.
:-)Thank you for your good advice.My English is not good enough.So I chose to translate some words here.If I take wrong at some place,plz correct me.
This is by far the best Chinese threads opened by a Chinese member so far

Simple, elegant and just breath taking picture, it go on and show you China is a beautiful place not because of all the high rise or all the modern architech

I especially like when you go on the story of shandy town, when you say Chen Chun died, my heart just sink, as if i actually feel the grieve of their parent.

This is a nice change from the normal my stick is bigger than you thread opened by any normal.Chinese member here

i could not positive rate all your post so i just rated this

@Hu Songshan can you make this thread sticky?
Thank you for your compliment, but you're exaggerating.

I will try my best to translate and post some pictures here.Hope you enjoy it.If you are a Chinese,you can search the "腾讯新闻网",there are more pictures in its special column called "活着".

the law will be there but is that followed thru by down-line parties?
there are many cases of conflicts between party thugs & the common people/peasants in the news.
the victims have no one to plea to..
The one reason I want to post these pictures is to correct some bias for somebody like you.
Picture will tell lies,too.But you can feel the soul in people's eyes and body language following these pictures.
Men always believe in the information they experienced.If you come to China,you will find that people who tell you such words are wrong.Welcome to China.

Great job @kyle Chiang , Sometimes we forget people living the simple life and enjoying the small things around all the fast paced development of the new world.

<A filial man.who wanna murder his mother>
1.jpg

Yang Jiu,a uneducated man,stay with his mother in Dongguan,Guangzhou province for about 3 years.He was usually struggling in poverty and helpless.Because he need take care of his sickish paralyzed mother,he can only keep a short-period job.Nobody ever pay attention to him.But he never abandoned his mother.
He was unemployed for 2 months until the January of this year .
Feeling hopeless,he chose to kill his mother.And suicide.

2.jpg

Fortunately,they were rescued.
Yang Jiu was arrested by police and accused for murdering his mother days later.
His story was reported and caused a sensation.
Fortunately again,the procuratorial organs give up prosecution,considering his mother didn't hurt terrible,his surrender behavior and taking care of his mother for a very long time.

4.jpg

After been released,he ran to the hospital and kissed his mother with tears.

5.jpg

Don't wanna let her son go.

6.jpg

When leaving the hospital,medias and the procurator come for farewell. Anonymous kind-heart citizens donated some money for them.

7.jpg

Yang Jiu say "we come home,mum".
His unresponsive mother suddenly burst into tears and scream.
Maybe her tears means,the outside world is too tough.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Thats a heartbreaking story, did his mother forgive him or what?

dont thank him too early mate, clearly you have just arrived at PDF, but he has a mind to troll and twist```you post like 5% bottom life Chinese, he will parade with this "indisputable evidence" to suggest that ordinary Chinese are miserable```dig more of his past posts u will get an idea those clownish people

btw, those photos are really touching ``

even my enemy could tell anything meaningful, I would Thanks to him without a second delay.

8.jpg

His old house is empty now.He has to take a start from the head.

9.jpg

Villagers come to persuade him to start new life.
From their words,the journalist know that Yang Jiu was addicted in drug many years ago.

And we know,whether he take drug or not,he has never given up his mother.During the hardest time.he give the only bread to his mother with own unappeasable hunger.

10.jpg
Life is like a magic dream.Yang still can't dismiss from his past painful mind at some time.

11.jpg

Yang decided to fete some people who helped him.

12.jpg
There are about 7~8 mu (about 4000 square meter) land in his name.
Yang want to planet some sugarcane and trees.Crops can't grow well here.

13.jpg

Yang has to carry his mother to sun in every sunny day.Although his mother is slim,his foot slippages for several times when climbing the slope.
3 year ago,he carry his mother go to Dongguan in a distance of 2000 kilometers from here.

Yang says "I am a good guy,and a bad guy.Good guy is working hard and taking care of my mun' With a hesitate,he looks towards the far mountains.

Thats a heartbreaking story, did his mother forgive him or what?
A mum will never hate her son whatever he do.

There are continue story.Thank you for you reading.

Last edited:
Best wishes to Yang. Several Vietnamese young men sufferred the same ( drug addicted ), I'm not sure they could be brave as Yang or not.

View attachment 159735 Two guest young workers playing computer game in a rough Internet bar
Many young guys who can't or don't want to go university chose out-migration to work.Some of them are even less than 16 years old.

I can see some sort of picture which is hanging from the wall(which is just above the ma'am wearing the pink shirt)

Is that picture the picture of some spiritual figure in China??

View attachment 160256

Yang Jiu,a uneducated man,stay with his mother in Dongguan,Guangzhou province for about 3 years.He was usually struggling in poverty and helpless.Because he need take care of his sickish paralyzed mother,he can only keep a short-period job.Nobody ever pay attention to him.But he never abandoned his mother.

View attachment 160257
Yang Jiu was arrested by police and accused for murdering his mother days later.
Fortunately again,the procuratorial organs give up prosecution,considering his mother didn't hurt terrible,his surrender behavior and taking care of his mother for a very long time.

View attachment 160259

View attachment 160260

View attachment 160261

When leaving the hospital,medias and the procurator come for farewell. Anonymous kind-heart citizens donated some money for them.

View attachment 160262

why is he jobless? Dongguan is with a high labor shortage

I can see some sort of picture which is hanging from the wall(which is just above the ma'am wearing the pink shirt)

Is that picture the picture of some spiritual figure in China??
You really watch these pictures so carefully.
It's Avalokitesvara,one of the best respectable Buddhism God.
Buddhism came from ancient India in about 2000 years ago and is popular among most Chinese han.My family believe in Buddhism,too.But the influence of Buddhism is not too much for modern citizens now.
why is he jobless? Dongguan is with a high labor shortage
I dont know exactly,too.
One reason is he need caring his paralyzed mother.
Maby another reason is he cant do heavy work in bad health for his drug taking past.

Best wishes to Yang. Several Vietnamese young men sufferred the same ( drug addicted ), I'm not sure they could be brave as Yang or not.
Helping such people not only need the brave and strong mind of themselves,but also need the help from society and gov.
Drug has destroyed so many families,most of them may never have chance to get rid of it until taken into prison for crime or dead.
So,Whenever I heard the news about western countries condemn Chinese gov on human rights for putting fixers into death penalty,I think they are too false.

You really watch these pictures so carefully.
It's Avalokitesvara,one of the best respectable Buddhism God.
Buddhism came from ancient India in about 2000 years ago and is popular among most Chinese han.My family believe in Buddhism,too.But the influence of Buddhism is not too much for modern citizens now.

I dont know exactly,too.
One reason is he need caring his paralyzed mother.
Maby another reason is he cant do heavy work in bad health for his drug taking past.

Helping such people not only need the brave and strong mind of themselves,but also need the help from society and gov.
Drug has destroyed so many families,most of them may never have chance to get rid of it until taken into prison for crime or dead.
So,Whenever I heard the news about western countries condemn Chinese gov on human rights for putting fixers into death penalty,I think they are too false.

My mother ancestry is from Dongguan She still have relative living in Dongguan and I believe her (Actually ours now, she passed away some years ago and we inherit the house) house in Dongguan still stand today, being taking cared by her family and friends in China.

Most job in Donggong if I remember correctly are factory works, there are not much farming in Dongguan if I remember correctly, so either you need to know somebody to get those job, or you are going to be at least middle school educated, jobs is quite hard to find in Big City like Dongguan if you have no education, at best you can get is cleaners or some hard labour works.

View attachment 160256

View attachment 160257

View attachment 160259

View attachment 160260

View attachment 160261

View attachment 160262

This story is very heart warming. Thanks for sharing.

I like this thread. This shows a softer, better side of China. Development is great but seeing how the regular person lives in wonderful. Good to see we are more alike than different.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom