What's new

Reactivation of P3C Orion Aircraft

I am not a subscriber to Jane's, so i can only get snippets of info from it.

From Janes article..

"The significance of BrahMos lies in its very
high-speed and intelligent behaviour. Each missile has
been designed to operate as part of a salvoed attack,
with a datalink net between the inflight missiles
updating them on target co-ordinates plus the status
of the other weapons in the attack. BrahMos's high
speed makes it a difficult target to defeat - Western
intelligence agencies believe it may also have a
low-probability of intercept (LPI) 'stealthy' radar
option available to it, adding to its chances of
reaching the target."

As of now webby, the probablility of interception of BrahMos is ridiculously low, even if it is detected by an AWACS from far off. Rest assured, no AWACS will be able to detect it from a huge distance. Though that is also not possible because of the design of BrahMos is such so as to have very low RCS.
It has one of the best guidance systems.Read the articles above.

The Indians and Russians went all out when they made BrahMos. Many countries have already expressed interest in it. It will be exported to friendly countries. BrahMos alters the balance of power very heavily. infact i read in one article that one of the nations said they would not buy BrahMos because of this very reason, that it would provoke an arms race in the region.

Ok guys. So how many P-3C Orion right now do we have currently in service? We already had three, I remember while we recieved two more in which 8 were planned. Can anbody please confirm?

2 of the original 3 have been activated. one was lost.
of the 8 planned, 2 have been upgraded and delivered, the other 5 will be delivered by mid 2009. 1 will be cannabalised for spares.

KARACHI (November 27 2008): President Middle East and Africa region Lockheed Martin, General James Jamerson (Retd) called on Chief of Naval Staff Admiral Noman Bashir at the sidelines of IDEAS 2008 here on Wednesday. According to Pakistan Navy officials, they discussed the matters relating to the supply of upgraded P 3 Orion surveillance aircraft to Pakistan Navy.

Lockheed Martin is the manufacturer of F-16, Orion surveillance aircraft and C-130 transport planes. The Naval Chief also held separate meetings with the visiting Defence Minister of Kenya Muhammad Yusuf Haji, Defence Minister of Tanzania Dr Hussein Ali Mwinyi, Minister of Defence Sudan General Engineer Abdur Rahim Muhammad Husain, First Deputy Minister Industrial Policy Ukrain Vitaliyil Nemelostivyi and Chief of Staff of Armed Forces of UAE Lieutenant General Hamad Mohammad Thani Al Rumaithy and discussed matters of mutual interests.

Turkish Under Secretary Defence Murad Bayar, Secretary Ministry of Defence Bangladesh Kamrul Hasan and First Deputy of the General Director of Russian Helicopters Igor Pshenichny also called on the Naval Chief and discussed matters of bilateral co-operation among their respective Navies.

Back
Top Bottom