What's new

Raymond Davis Case: Developing Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not agree with the basis for this whole fiasco but appreciate the writers views of finding a fast vs. slow way out to end all this hate mongering against an innocent American diplomatic officials who defended himself against armed robbers. Pretty simple facts.

The Pakistani National Assembly seems to be facing up to the facts of diplomatic immunity for Raymond Davis, who holds a valid US Department of State Diplomatic Passport with a valid Government of Paksitan Foreign Office VISA thereon.
You guys are quick to mention:

Diplomatic Passport
A Pakistani visa

However you never comment upon whether or not he had a diplomatic visa stamped on his diplomatic Passport.

I've given you the link time and time again about Pakistani visas and thus it still remains to be seen if he has a diplomatic visa given to him or not.

When a US diplomatic employee is faced with attempted armed robbery upon his person by two armed robbers fresh from having robbed a Paksitani national...where has the sanity gone for the police and law officials to not understand the legalisms and defer to the Paksitani Foreign Office and in turn it to the Pakistani General Assembly Standing Committee on Internal Affairs?

Diplomatic affairs and International Law regarding diplomatic immunity are at issue, including the literal preservation of safety of a set upon US diplomatic official whose consular function deals with security.

Go and Protest outside the court at this criminals next hearing in couple of days time.
NO PERSON is world can be MANDATED to kill as he pleases.
Every Crook says he's innocent.

When a US diplomatic employee is faced with attempted armed robbery upon his person by two armed robbers fresh from having robbed a Paksitani national...where has the sanity gone for the police and law officials to not understand the legalisms and defer to the Paksitani Foreign Office and in turn it to the Pakistani General Assembly Standing Committee on Internal Affairs?

Diplomatic affairs and International Law regarding diplomatic immunity are at issue, including the literal preservation of safety of a set upon US diplomatic official whose consular function deals with security.

well all this is BS...
that guy who killed 3 Pakistanies is on visit visa to Pakistan as per sources now so tell me how can you people take his side...

tell me if im in USA can i kill someone in self defense if they try to rob me coz you also know its a very common site in NY and other areas..... make it a example and we will use it too.....

even in self defense no one can use more force to kill the robbers ..... whereas this person fired on these innocents people from the back... its not acceptable in Pakistan and we need take measures as per our law ....... stop say wrong things on this forum...... :pakistan:

make it a example and we will use it too.....

One japanese boy was shot at loitering near a white guy´s apartment, and he came clean in USA, there was lot of uproar in Japan back 30 years.......

I do not agree with the basis for this whole fiasco but appreciate the writers views of finding a fast vs. slow way out to end all this hate mongering against an innocent American diplomatic officials who defended himself against armed robbers. Pretty simple facts.
Unfortunately there's no way around it.

If we give in to American pressure of releasing him, then there is no way of actually ending this distrust of Americans. Till Pakistanis keep investigating suspicious Americans and hopefully keep finding them innocent the perception won't change in Pakistan. If you force his release, then everyone will always remember the American killer that the American people defended for killing Pakistanis. Let him be acquitted by a Pakistani court of law.

At the heart of it all there lies the belief that America might be funding terrorist groups that fit its agenda - like BLA (which the US doesn't recognize as a terrorist organization) or the Jundullah group. So when a Rambo gets caught in Pakistan immediately everyone's minds goes there and they want to determine the truth.

Nobody would fabricate evidence - I think no foreign commentator has even speculated that much. In fact most of the government is working round the clock to figure out the easiest way to release him and yet state that due process took place, due diligence was done.

If he is tried in a Pakistan court there is only one possible outcome. Guilty! Not because he did it, but becuase even if he is innocent he has already been tried and convicted by the media and public.

i like it coz now you all yanks know what Pakistanies felt about Dr Afia case in NY... but did your media and Gov listened to what we were saying.... i just love it now you are in the same boat...

she didnt even fired anything on US personals and got injured herself but you justice system is so damn weak that they went for same ONE possible outcome GUILTY....... i hate this fact you people always think you are innocent ... now face the reality like true fighter......

hang this guy and get others 2 who crashed one innocent person on the road....:pakistan:

You can't even separate the fact that a separate traffic accident killed a third person on a motor cycle who darted into the path of a Pakistani national driven second vehicle from the Lahore US Consulate.

You are a prime example of the lynch mob facts "by damned" mentality on this site. Foks like you who have no idea what diplomatic immunity is, who deny and defy Pakitanis, two, armed, trying to commit a robbery and threatening the life and limb of a put upon by them US Consular diplomatic passport with proper Pakistani VISA American diplomatic official.

Factually for your and all other readers information when I served with and in the US Embassy then in Karchi:

1. I had a US Official Passport (military passport) which when
2. Stamped by Pakistani Immigration Officials admitted me for my 18 month tour of duty with full Diplomatic Immunity.

You don't know squat about the law, making it up to suit yourselves.

Are you out to find the organizers of the suicide bombing from day before the American's robbery attack on his person? That is where you need to stay focused, on catching and ending terrorism and terrorists.

Robbery has become a major basis to get quick funding for the Taliban and al Qaida who have more and more been cut off from former outside funding from the various Arab accounts and Wahabbists deep pockets.

Ignoring these linkages is why terrorism continues to fester and kill many innocent Paksitanis every week in Pakistan. Shame on your short sighted, wrong focus.

Unfortunately there's no way around it.

Oh yes there is, and it will soon be "found" after the intial hoopla dies down. There will be instructions from "higher ups" that will resolve the matter. Sums of money will be transferred, and certain undertakings and statements will be implemented. End of story.

i like it coz now you all yanks know what Pakistanies felt about Dr Afia case in NY... but did your media and Gov listened to what we were saying.... i just love it now you are in the same boat...

she didnt even fired anything on US personals and got injured herself but you justice system is so damn weak that they went for same ONE possible outcome GUILTY....... i hate this fact you people always think you are innocent ... now face the reality like true fighter......

hang this guy and get others 2 who crashed one innocent person on the road....:pakistan:

Aafia was caught by Pakistan and handed over to US. The same will happen here too, thats where the same boat analogy ends.

Oh yes there is, and it will soon be "found" after the intial hoopla dies down. There will be instructions from "higher ups" that will resolve the matter. Sums of money will be transferred, and certain undertakings and statements will be implemented. End of story.

Zardari and Nawaz must be calculating how much $$$ they will charge for the entertainment of this terrorist.

?Accused US diplomat holds no special privileges? | DAWN.COM | Latest news, Breaking news, Pakistan News, World news, business, sport and multimedia

LAHORE: Deputy Prosecutor General of Punjab, Rana Bakhtiar said on Sunday that Raymond Davis had fired the bullets from the back thus it was not a case of ‘self defense’ as he had stated earlier.

Rana also said that Davis, charged with murder of two motorcyclists in Lahore, did not hold any special privileges as a diplomat.

Referring to Article 49-2 of the Vienna Convention, he said that diplomatic officials only hold privilege when they are on duty, but Davis was in Pakistan on a business visa.

Davis is being described by the American media as a security contractor from a Florida-based firm, Hyperion Protective Consultants, LLC.

That Foreign Office and the US embassy were not on the same page on the issue of status of the accused was obvious from an FO press release that mentioned Davis as a US ‘functionary’, and not a diplomat.

I read in newspapers that Davis offers investigators US citizenship & green card etc. If he was clear by himself then nothing had to be worry and use of inadequate tricks to control situation.

Court is not the power but public is power & democratic government will not go against public.

You Americans think about that we are against you? No, we are against your 3rd rated relations toward Pakistan, toward people. If you are talking about equality of human rights in your country then it is all BS & nothing else, you dipped into superiority complex. So this is the answer as sum of reaction from Pakistani people towards your inhuman behavior.

You can respect of your inhuman court trail methods in your country but you are not ready to respect country’s law outside America. So result is clear for you.

As you sow, so shall you reap

‘Accused US diplomat holds no special privileges’

LAHORE: Deputy Prosecutor General of Punjab, Rana Bakhtiar said on Sunday that Raymond Davis had fired the bullets from the back thus it was not a case of ‘self defense’ as he had stated earlier.

Referring to Article 49-2 of the Vienna Convention, he said that diplomatic officials only hold privilege when they are on duty, but Davis was in Pakistan on a business visa.

Davis is being described by the American media as a security contractor from a Florida-based firm, Hyperion Protective Consultants, LLC.

That Foreign Office and the US embassy were not on the same page on the issue of status of the accused was obvious from an FO press release that mentioned Davis as a US ‘functionary’, and not a diplomat.

Source: DAWN News

Editor’s note:

Through its own sources, PKKH has found out that the two gentlemen on the bike were not robbers, but were carrying licensed weapons as the brother of one of the riders had been recently assassinated and they were carrying the weapons only for their own protection.

Raymond Allen Davis on the other hand, was driving towards an unnamed location to meet a certain personnel, however, when he spotted two armed persons on a bike, he believed he had been setup and was going to get ambushed here. He made a pre-emptive strike by killing the two persons on the bike, and later made up a story that he had shot them in self defense – which was obviously a blatant lie.

Raymond Allen Davis should first declare who it was that he was going to meet, and why he feared for his life that he had to carry an unlicensed weapon if he was merely out in Lahore on business. Since it has now also surfaced that Raymond works for a security consulting company based in the US, he is definitely involved in shady business in Pakistan because he has previously been denied diplomatic visa as our Intelligence agencies had objected to that being granted to him, due to his record of suspicious activities in Pakistan that were a threat to National Security.

The US Embassy in Pakistan should be ashamed of itself, for assailing support to a criminal and a terrorist, who moves around the streets of Lahore, Islamabad and Peshawar, carrying an unlicensed weapon and kills as he pleases. Instead, they are requesting diplomatic immunity, which means that the US Embassy in Pakistan is an accomplice in all the crimes that are being carried out inside Pakistani territory by undercover agents and/or private security firms’ operatives – and therefore, the US Embassy in Pakistan should either hand over the CIA Station Chief who ran away from Islamabad when his name was leaked, or should condemn the actions of Raymond Davis and deny any support to a terrorist and criminal who was caught red handed and by the laws of the Sovereign Islamic Republic of Pakistan, and deserves to be punished in accordance with the laws of Pakistan.

This swine and his bastard countrymenwho crushed another innocent biker should be hanged from Minar e Pakistan so these swines never even think of trying something like this in the future!!!

@mr eagle!
Buddy u should be ashamed of urself for supporting a bloody murderer!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom