What's new

Raymond Davis Case: Developing Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because they are unrelated.
Please explain how can you be so confident that the same kind of pressure wasn't applied to the police in the Davis case as in the Kasab case.

If there is evidence that Davis' life was in danger -
Pakistan signed a treaty about how to handle such cases when one party has diplomatic immunity. Now you are telling me that you do not find it your duty to uphold that. While there is great doubt that Davis murdered (as opposed to killing in self-defense) Pakistani citizens, there is no doubt at all that you and people who think like you intend to murder Pakistan's national honor.

My statements are all 100% from latest major US press reports on the Raymond Davis Diplomatic Immunity cause.

US media is mostly parroting US State Department statements. The latter is not involved in on-the-ground investigations and is only repeating Davis' own assetions without corroboration.

There are two aspects to this case: diplomatic immunity, and the facts of the incident itself.
The two are unrelated and can be ascertained in parallel.

Another writer makes comparisons to the Mumbai episode. He is as valid to discuss that parallel example as you or anyone else being free to bring up ISI or other topics which to me are a diversion.

ISI, Mumbai, cruise missiles are all irrelevant distractions that do not belong in this debate.

Please explain how can you be so confident that the same kind of pressure wasn't applied to the police in the Davis case as in the Kasab case.

No, it is you who needs to prove your hypothetical assertion.

Pakistan signed a treaty about how to handle such cases when one party has diplomatic immunity. Now you are telling me that you do not find it your duty to uphold that. While there is great doubt that Davis murdered Pakistani citizens, there is no doubt at all that you and people who think like you intend to murder Pakistan's national honor.

Setting aside the melodrama, there are two parallel aspects to this case as I stated above: diplomatic immunity and the incident itself. Both can be investigated in parallel.

Pakistan has not accepted his diplomatic immunity and the US has issued so many conflicting statements about him, it's clear the matter is not so clear cut.

If this incident had happened in a rich country, the US would have waived his immunity, assuming he has one, in order to show that it values the rule of law.

He has diplomatic immunity if he is a diplomat.

Which he is not, as he is "A consultant of US embassy"....while somewhere else they say, he is "Technical Staff"

No where they mention that he is a diplomat.

Secondly, with the level of security threat to all American, because of obvious reasons, in Pakistan, means diplomats would be given protocol by the host state. That wasn't the case. This guy was merely walking around as if nothing is going, then shoots two people with a gun, which was unlawful in the first place.

I hope he is punished in Pakistan.

There are two aspects to this case: diplomatic immunity, and the facts of the incident itself.
The two are unrelated and can be ascertained in parallel.
Wrong. Under international law it is not permitted to hold a person with diplomatic immunity in custody while facts are ascertained.

Pakistan has not accepted his diplomatic immunity and the US has issued so many conflicting statements -
None of the U.S. statements I've seen are in conflict about his immune status.

If this incident had happened in a rich country, the US would have waived his immunity, assuming he has one, in order to show that it values the rule of law.
Upholding diplomatic immunity is a demonstration that one values the rule of law. I know Pakistan's own elite is corrupt and gets away with a lot of illegal stuff. I know that breeds resentment in people's hearts.

But I also know that it's human (and wrong) to twist that frustration and attempt to redirect the violence it produces to a scapegoat, a "safe" target that doesn't fight back. If you are civilized and patriotic you want to protect Pakistan's national honor, and if you want moral principle to mean something other than selfishness you must practice self-denial, so isn't upholding the principle of diplomatic immunity the course you must take?

Wrong. Under international law it is not permitted to hold a person with diplomatic immunity in custody while facts are ascertained.

Except that the status of the immunity itself is under question and, while it is being ascertained, the other investigation must proceed. Time is always of the essence.

None of the U.S. statements I've seen are in conflict about his immune status.

First he was claimed to be an ordinary "employee", then an "administrative and IT staff" member, then "consular employee".

Upholding diplomatic immunity is a demonstration that one values the rule of law.

It is up to Pakistan, not the US, to determine his immunity and, last I checked, the Pakistani FO had found otherwise.

I know Pakistan's own elite is corrupt and gets away with a lot of illegal stuff. I know that breeds resentment in people's hearts.

Your continued penchant to veer off-optic into generalizations does not help your argument.

If he is found guilty then he must be ashamed of himself, His Uncle was Such a Great man and a Musician.... I am an all time fan of Nusrat fateh ali Khan...

If he is found guilty then he must be ashamed of himself, His father was Such a Great man and a Musician.... I am an all time fan of Nusrat fateh ali Khan...
Why he should be ashamed and wat for.

any legal matter expert know what is the punishment for that crime?

Go Figure it out why.....
I'm not a MI person to figure it out and blame a person unnecessarily like what was done with Captain R.S. Rathaur by MI folks in samba spy scandal also like what was done with B.K.Subbarao

I'm not a MI person to figure it out and blame a person unnecessarily like what was done with Captain R.S. Rathaur by MI folks in samba spy scandal.

Well You dont need to be an MI person to figure it out, a 3rd std Brain and a 4th grade Body is Enough to sit and think....

I'm not a MI person to figure it out and blame a person unnecessarily like what was done with Captain R.S. Rathaur by MI folks in samba spy scandal also like what was done with B.K.Subbarao

This has nothing to do with MI.

A futile attempt to drag in other unconnected issues.

Why on earth was he or his group carrying so much money into India ?

This has nothing to do with MI.

A futile attempt to drag in other unconnected issues.

Why on earth was he or his group carrying so much money into India ?
explained below..................

Well You dont need to be an MI person to figure it out, a 3rd std Brain and a 4th grade Body is Enough to sit and think....
Like a 2nd std brain is used to plant evidences to prove innoccent people guilty from police level to way up to MI.Its business as usual in india...Like wats generally famous about indian law enforcement agencies,"sirji,ji bas aap to gunah bata dijiye,kubool karana hamara kaam hai.Jo kiye honge woh bhi aur jo nahi kiye honge woh bhi.(sir,just tell the crime under which u want person to get implicated,its our job to get the confession.For all those crime which he had committed and also those which the person has not committed.)"...

......Jai Ho indian law enforcement.................

So was he in India to do concert tour ? I am curious how much he gets paid for an appearance ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom