What's new

RAW says Mujib was not their agent

There are many throughout the lands who still claim Mujib was not for succession from Pakistan..
His demand was greater autonomy.. something the Racist leaders of Pakistan at the time could not comprehend.
However.. once the cannon was lit.. ironically by the Pakistani leaders themselves, there was little Mujib could do to oppose it.
If he did it might have led to him being the target of the Mukti Bahni..
India has very little blame when it comes to the creation of Bangladesh..
The blame lies with the military dictators .. and feudal mindset of West Pakistan.

@ With this I want to add a little bit. On 25 th March 1971, Sk Mujib was awaiting to be arrested by the Pakistan Army. Fact is the movement was beyond his control. Yahya was right that Mujib all most agreed to modify some of the points of Six Point Programme by 20/21 March 1971 but suddenly due to the pressure from unknown direction Mujib was completely mum. On 23 rd, 24 and 25 March 1971, it was Tazudddin and other leaders were just pressuring Yahya to lift Martial Law and hand over power to Mujib inside the Governor House itself.

@ Dr Kamal Hossain also did not fled to India rather he surrendered to Pakistan Army volentarily on 01 or 2 April 1971.

@ Infact after 15/16 March 1971 Mujib had no grip on his organisation, people says that it was RAW who had been bargaining with the Pakistani President through their agents. Mujib had no power, he was in the trap. What is astonishing that after the arrest of Mujib once he landed at Karachi, he spoke infront of the press and said, " I have handed over my country for the security and integrity of Pakistan to the Army". Well this can be manipulated also by the Pakistani Govt.

@ Sk Mujib never thought and dreamed that East Pakistan could be separated with the help of India. He at best thought that through bargain he can achieve some thing for the Bengalee people in a united Pakistan. He never wanted that it should be through the direct intervention of Indian forces. Once he came from Pakistan he at once became PM and removed Tazuuddin from the Prime Ministership.Once Indra Gandhi visited Bangladesh he just straight way said to PM of India, " Hounerable MP, when you are taking back the Indian troops from Bangladesh, I want it should be cleared within a month".

Former general secretary of the Research & Analysis Wing [RAW] Employees Association, R. K. Yadav has written a letter to Bangladeshi Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on August 12, 2011, which was received by the Bangladesh High Commission in New Delhi, stating that, according to Revelation by former Secretary of RAW, K.Sankaran Nair, Sheikh Mujibur Rahman "was never working for the Indian intelligence."

RAW says Mujib was not their agent :: Weekly Blitz

Former Secy of an Employees Association !!

This is where I stopped reading .Whom shall journalists chose next ? The Pan wallah outside the RAW office ?

hmm interesting topic

Well it won't be wrong to say that both sides were responsible for what happend(Well West Pakistan was much more though)

We denied bengalis their rights and well Mr mujib on the other hand played in the hands of India. After all you can't create the type of situation that was in east Pakistan without foreign help.

Well anyways what happend has happend, the only thing left to do is to move forward towards a healthy relationship and who know's what the future may hold.

Sheikh Mujib did not have to be a direct RAW agent he merely had to follow their instructions which he did to the letter and later regretted. Yadav is merely moving the goal posts.
Can you point me to a source for my education on this matter? What did he follow and what did he regret?

Mujib's attitude and political philosophy in the post liberation war period demonstrates that RAW's testimony about SHEIKH MUJIB being an agent of raw is not essential at all to doubt this man's patriotism. To validate the statement i can only quote from Mujib himself "The Indian and American are trying to harm my country, we should stand together against them". If a man happened to talk like this how can we even imagine that he could be a secret service agent. I think speculating a straight event could enrich your learning about that event but too much speculation can ruin the entire truth. What i am trying to mean is that We should give due respect to those who truly deserve it and while respecting we must scrutinize millions of information coming right away in this age of information.

Mujib's attitude and political philosophy in the post liberation war period demonstrates that RAW's testimony about SHEIKH MUJIB being an agent of raw is not essential at all to doubt this man's patriotism. To validate the statement i can only quote from Mujib himself "The Indian and American are trying to harm my country, we should stand together against them". If a man happened to talk like this how can we even imagine that he could be a secret service agent. I think speculating a straight event could enrich your learning about that event but too much speculation can ruin the entire truth. What i am trying to mean is that We should give due respect to those who truly deserve it and while respecting we must scrutinize millions of information coming right away in this age of information.

He made that statement way before the '71 war. And I do agree with your post. He was a patriot - no doubt. A charismatic politician, but an incapable leader.

He made that statement way before the '71 war. And I do agree with your post. He was a patriot - no doubt. A charismatic politician, but an incapable leader.

^^^^This...

Reality as a result of other people's intentions can be such a cruel thing...

Welcome to PDF :welcome:

Dear sir apocalypse,

I mentioned the statement of Sheikh Mujib was a post liberation war remark and this is where the reality stands. Sheikh Mujib said it in January 1975 and and if u want the reference i can provide you. Again you said that He was a charismatic leader.I hereby providing you a definition of charismatic from the oxford dictionary. Charismatic:one who has the personal power to influence,attract and inspire people.How much more do u want from a leader if you say that he is charismatic?One who holds these three special quality ,can we call him incapable???i guess you tried to mean that he was not a good administrator.This is a perception i have been coming across for a long time now. And i believe truth makes u feel the truth itself with some rare exception where u fail to comprehend the truth.Now its time my dear friend we stopped looking through the eyes of others and start unraveling this age old perception with some detailed investigation and self motivated learning.
Thanking you

---------- Post added at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 AM ----------

Thanks....wishing to learn from you and others

True! Mujib wanted power and never wanted to share it with Gandhi. He reminds me the quote "jaate matal taale thik " . Anyway according to you he was patriot. yes maybe.Was he patriotic enough as a Pakistani?? His daughter confessed that Agartala conspiracy case is a true one... so did he deserve to become a Pakistani prime minister after that???

Again you said that He was a charismatic leader.I hereby providing you a definition of charismatic from the oxford dictionary. Charismatic:one who has the personal power to influence,attract and inspire people.How much more do u want from a leader if you say that he is charismatic?

These are the qualities of an agitator.......... To lead you need more qualities...

Dear sir apocalypse,

I mentioned the statement of Sheikh Mujib was a post liberation war remark and this is where the reality stands. Sheikh Mujib said it in January 1975 and and if u want the reference i can provide you. Again you said that He was a charismatic leader.I hereby providing you a definition of charismatic from the oxford dictionary. Charismatic:one who has the personal power to influence,attract and inspire people.How much more do u want from a leader if you say that he is charismatic?One who holds these three special quality ,can we call him incapable???i guess you tried to mean that he was not a good administrator.This is a perception i have been coming across for a long time now. And i believe truth makes u feel the truth itself with some rare exception where u fail to comprehend the truth.Now its time my dear friend we stopped looking through the eyes of others and start unraveling this age old perception with some detailed investigation and self motivated learning.
Thanking you

---------- Post added at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 AM ----------

Being a leader, and being charismatic are two different things.

I can also say that Tom Cruise is Charismatic. I can also say that Barack Obama is charismatic and has leadership qualities.

Dear sir apocalypse,

Thanking you

There's an old saying, which vividly describes Mujib's personality"“Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Dear sir apocalypse,

Thanking you

Sorry, I think I confused this statement with some other he made in the past.

Again, I agree with most of your post. But I stand my ground when I say Mujib lacked solid leadership skills. He could not discipline his children and that cost him his dear life! Leadership comes not only from inspiring, attracting and influencing people through emotionally charged speeches, but it also needs planning and foresight. The latter two leadership qualities justify Zia's immense popularity.

Btw, welcome to the forum! :welcome:

Back
Top Bottom