What's new

Rare Glimpse of Dogfight above LOC

Yeah but those can get lost or brunt with the body...so!

K I can't tell anything from next to nothing except two aircrafts that I can't make out just flying in a curve...:wacko:
Same.
I just provided the video for "experts".

First of all, I have tried to stay silent on this topic per Kaiser Tufail's general advice to not share analysis. But now, the forum is becoming completely full of misleading information by @MastanKhan who is cashing in on the opportunity to spread misinformation. Since the admins seem to be giving free reign to him, I have to counter this garbage with solid evidence.

In the immediate aftermath of the incident, a video was uploaded from which I took the following screen grab:

View attachment 546969

Let us establish a few facts. This is around the LoC on 27th of Feb, when the direction of sunrise is NE. The first aircraft and its contrail are illuminated directly by the sun, which means the camera is pointing due north. The contrail on the first aircraft matches that of F-16, whereas the extremely compact second contrail hints at a high speed (perhaps Mach 4) highly maneuverable missile, although I could be completely wrong here.

This is what I remember from the video. The compact contrail suddenly takes a high-G turn to the left, and explodes. The high-G turn seems to be similar to a super-maneuverability turn using TVC by the Flanker. The first aircraft then gains altitude and heads due north - a signature move of F-16 pilots.

The engagement, the position of the aircraft, all are hinting towards a merge after a BVR engagement. Let us recall that once an initial BVR exchange has taken place, both aircrafts will engage in a turning fight, trying to stay perpendicular to the enemy radar, while closing the distance. The picture seems to show a distance of 10-20 km between the aircrafts.

I could be very wrong about the second contrail being a missile, but I fail to find the example of a fighter that produces such a compact trail for such a distance.

But the main point is exactly that WVR is not dead. Not by a long shot. People disseminating misinformation on the forum should be taken to task for crass dishonesty.

@gambit I would appreciate if you could correct any glaring mistakes I have made in this analysis.
How are you able to distinguish aircrafts looking at their contrails? I must know.

As you can see from OP, the video from which I got the screen grab is more clear. This seems to be a different video.

Regardless of Indian claims, PAF aircraft will be ready for counting and inspection for 3rd party assessment on who lost what.

No one is claiming that any Pakistani aircraft was shot down.

As you can see from OP, the video from which I got the screen grab is more clear. This seems to be a different video.

No one is claiming that any Pakistani aircraft was shot down.
i thought i had that in my tweets but sadly cant locate it . Saw that first around 28th-1st. Good luck digging that out now.

lol. regardless who git humiliated at a failed strike and made fun of ?
woul;d love to see yindia take on a military its own size.
tab yidu to tatti lag jaygee.

I am more worried about any lessons learnt by the Indians and their newly flown in advisors assisting them.

That is always a risk when you try to gloat without locking in a military success. Partial victories end in complete losses.

A story one of my friends shared long ago. In a martial arts class, he allowed a girl to kick him in the guts with as much power as she could muster. He never made that mistake again.

When you have the upper hand, then ensure your full victory.

Haven't we been able to learn anything similar from them?
Whatever emissions we picked up may be analyzed and located but I fear that this “victory” may go into the heads of PAF superiors and pilots if they let it.

That is always a risk when you try to gloat without locking in a military success. Partial victories end in complete losses.

A story one of my friends shared long ago. In a martial arts class, he allowed a girl to kick him in the guts with as much power as she could muster. He never made that mistake again.

When you have the upper hand, then ensure your full victory.
In summation, we did good- but lets not celebrate excessively lest we do exactly what our enemy does.

Whatever emissions we picked up may be analyzed and located but I fear that this “victory” may go into the heads of PAF superiors and pilots if they let it.

In summation, we did good- but lets not celebrate excessively lest we do exactly what our enemy does.

Back to the drawing board to analyze enemy's next moves and create more surprises.

Back
Top Bottom