What's new

Rape fear keeps US students out of India: Nancy Powell

You are falsely implying that less women are raped in India than in the United States.
This is just patently untrue.

you should look at the US rape statistics by US dept of justice. Keep in mind that even in US there are unreported rates.

you should look at the US rape statistics by US dept of justice. Keep in mind that even in US there are unreported rates.

Yes. There is underreporting everywhere.
But it is ridiculous to suggest that underreporting would happen at the a rate even remotely comparable to a country with as much resources and gender parity as the US. Take a look at the gender equality stats between the US and India, there is no conceivable way that the underreporting takes place at the same rate.

I know this is an issue of national pride to you so I won't say anymore. But this is innocent women we're talking about, not some phallus waving contest. The moment you think you're doing enough is when things get worse. Everyone needs to improve, especially us in South Asia.

That is all.

Yes. There is underreporting everywhere.
But it is ridiculous to suggest that underreporting would happen at the a rate even remotely comparable to a country with as much resources and gender parity as the US. Take a look at the gender equality stats between the US and India, there is no conceivable way that the underreporting takes place at the same rate.

I know this is an issue of national pride to you so I won't say anymore. But this is innocent women we're talking about, not some phallus waving contest. The moment you think you're doing enough is when things get worse. Everyone needs to improve, especially us in South Asia.

That is all.

Rape Is Grossly Underreported In The U.S., Study Finds

note the term Grossly

This is bad news... U.N should ban india. This is dangerous place for tourism. According to experts, Rape is worst thing than killing people because victims have to live and die everyday..
and india is famous to kill each other for Onion.

Last edited:
^^^
such protests are unheard of in china. because protesters know what will happen to them ! :P

you are just exposing your shameful tolerance of the rapists to the core

In my Country. we have zero tolerance towards these heinous crimes
We have rapes by scumbags but never in the remote vicinity as indians

Your cognition and conscience fail miserably on the following:

1. rape cases in india convey a deep message of atrocious social stigma which range from child marriage, dowries and many associated acid or fire attacks, the caste system, corruption, a failing law enforcement and judicial system, a purvasive discrimination on women

Read the words written on the placards of the protesters! What have they said?

2. which country has a separate train carriage for female commuters? China, USA or india?
3. which country's government or agencies will advise rape victims to marry the rapists?
4. there are horrendous large no of kidnap-rape-torture-homicide cases in india. I wish a statistcal research could be done on this. Do you know how brutal was the paramedic student killed? She was kidnapped, gange-raped and an iron object was forced into her that ruptured her internal organs for heaven's sake!!! And is there any signs of awakening from the indian society at large afterwards? I have read and have been reading your newspaper that kids were raped/gangraped and then dumped into wells after that horrible and tragic incident!
5. indian rapists have a record of globalizing their crime
6. indian rapists have a wide appetite for female whose age range from a few months old to 80-year-old nanies
7. which country has many negative reports on it which were written by women about their experience of sex-related verbal / physical assaults while staying in the country? india China or usa?

Last edited:
Clearly you have a reading and comprehension problem. 47% of all marriages in India involves a female child, that is one in every two marriages.

India backs out of UN resolution on child marriage - Hindustan Times

Also, I'm happy to offend and disgust you. That may get some of the Indians here to do something to change the sorry state of India.
Most marriages occur after girl has reached 18 yrs, the underaged are done in Muslim communities, who do not want to follow normal rules,they want special rules for them.what is your meaning of Minors?Laws are different in world which you say as minor marriage most of them in islamic countries as young as 15 can get legally married .
It's the opposite inUSA where men marry each other,more than normal couples, in Netherlands.Atleast we don't find those percentages here in India, you are ok with Male marrying another male or female marrying another female, but not ok with 15 yr old female marrying another 15 yr old male? Double standards when it comes to morality whatever your bad things is ok or acceptable to society, but our bad things are not.

I understand patriotism but this is just a blatant lie.

REPORTED rape is higher in the US. And even in the US it is underreported. Imagine how severe the underreporting is in underdeveloped countries.

Just like Under reporting of War crimes in Sri Lanka right?are you patriotic now?

Grossly, by US, first world, Western standards. Grossly measured by a country that has had three waves of feminism and gender is at near parity.

Do you seriously think the concept of eve teasing would even remotely go down well anywhere in the USA?

Everyone knows better dude, just stop. I'm done.
I donno if the concept of Eve Teasing will go anywhere remotely in USA or not, but the Concept of Male Marrying another Male or having sexual relationships with another male won't go down very well in India, while it is ok in USA.See the difference?

Last edited:
you are just exposing your shameful tolerance of the rapists to the core

In my Country. we have zero tolerance towards these heinous crimes
We have rapes by scumbags but never in the remote vicinity as indians

Your cognition and conscience fail miserably on the following:

1. rape cases in india convey a deep message of atrocious social stigma which range from child marriage, dowries and many associated acid or fire attacks, the caste system, corruption, a failing law enforcement and judicial system, a purvasive discrimination on women

Read the words written on the placards of the protesters! What have they said?

2. which country has a separate train carriage for female commuters? China, USA or india?
3. which country's government or agencies will advise rape victims to marry the rapists?
4. there are horrendous large no of kidnap-rape-torture-homicide cases in india. I wish a statistcal research could be done on this. Do you know how brutal was the paramedic student killed? She was kidnapped, gange-raped and an iron object was forced into her that ruptured her internal organs for heaven's sake!!! And is there any signs of awakening from the indian society at large afterwards? I have read and have been reading your newspaper that kids were raped/gangraped and then dumped into wells after that horrible and tragic incident!
5. indian rapists have a record of globalizing their crime
6. indian rapists have a wide appetite for female whose age range from a few months old to 80-year-old nanies
7. which country has many negative reports on it which were written by women about their experience of sex-related verbal / physical assaults while staying in the country? india China or usa?
We are going to be lectured by the Chinese now about social status, Gender Disparity and other rights and other things from china now?:haha: .

Grossly, by US, first world, Western standards. Grossly measured by a country that has had three waves of feminism and gender is at near parity.

Do you seriously think the concept of eve teasing would even remotely go down well anywhere in the USA?

Everyone knows better dude, just stop. I'm done.

LOL. Eve teasing is an India word and usually it is mild. It effects are exaggerated in India because traditionally India women are not armed to handle it. The conservative environment in India does not prepare women to handle such sexual agression.

Similar Sexual aggression in the US is far more common and rampant in the US :lol: At least a 1000 times more than India. Women in the US get hit on ALL the time.

Only women in the US are sexually indifferent to it or are better equipped to handle it.

You are a fool to think sexual aggression by males is restricted only to India :lol:

Last edited:
We are going to be lectured by the Chinese now about social status, Gender Disparity and other rights and other things from china now?:haha: .

In all regards we excel well above the failed state india!
As far as I can see more indians are involved defending the rapists, the more I can see how pathetic you people are in such large numbers!

As far as I can see more indians are involved defending the rapists, the more I can see how pathetic you people are in such large numbers!

25 % of all chinese are rapist :lol: .......and the rest are impotent. You are the one to talk :P

You are a failed civilization that has resorted to eating pigs, dogs and human fetus to survive.

Well rape can be done by people who actually get an erection or able to penetrate, a micro organ can hardly penetrate hence no rape.
Thanks for failed state tag, that is why you do business with us and your premiere brings a airbus full of business delegates and signs 100 billion dollar worth trade MOU. :partay:

25 % of all chinese are rapist :lol: .......and the rest are impotent. You are the one to talk :P

you need to chill out!
that was an biased an abnormal report and I am not defending those scumbags we have 0 tolerance towards their social devils!

do you pathetic people dare to answer my questions on #83? Shameful cowards from a failed state?

Well rape can be done by people who actually get an erection or able to penetrate, a micro organ can hardly penetrate hence no rape.
Thanks for failed state tag, that is why you do business with us and your premiere brings a airbus full of business delegates and signs 100 billion dollar worth trade MOU. :partay:

wow that spoken from a potential rapist and a rapist protector
and you dare to compare the size and to expose your shortcoming even further

You are going lower by each posting, no surprise from people of a failed state!

you need to chill out!
that was an biased an abnormal report and I am not defending those scumbags we have 0 tolerance towards their social devils!

do you pathetic people dare to answer my questions on #83? Shameful cowards from a failed state?

LOL. You chill out pathetic fool.

Non of your questions are worth answering. Impotent emasculated men from such a failed civilization only deserve our contempt.

Back
Top Bottom