What's new

Rana Plaza Collapse (huge life losses)

How do make such conclusion? More than army itself, it was local people who rescuded survivors in early hours of the tragedy. Besides, foreign rescue team has equipments which could have pin point where are survivors and more life could have been saved. Army is doing what it can within its limit but that does not mean army has all technological capability. Being proud is one thing BUT killing hundreds of workers with pride is sheer crime. Besides, where is the pride in killing 400+ workers and counting??? Please, ask that to yourself.

I never said that army had all the technology to do so. They do what they can. And if you read my posts, it never said it is an issue of pride either.

Even a flight from London to Dhaka takes 8 hours.. what are you smoking?

These guys really smoke something. Otherwise, how come they cannot make even this simple arithmetic addition of hours? Rana Plaza accident is not a Sidr cyclone catastrophe where months are needed for rescue and relief operations.

How do make such conclusion? More than army itself, it was local people who rescuded survivors in early hours of the tragedy. Besides, foreign rescue team has equipments which could have pin point where are survivors and more life could have been saved. Army is doing what it can within its limit but that does not mean army has all technological capability. Being proud is one thing BUT killing hundreds of workers with pride is sheer crime. Besides, where is the pride in killing 400+ workers and counting??? Please, ask that to yourself.

What the hell you had been doing all along when people were dying? Why did not you visit and use your fat body with unhealthy mind to do some real humanitarian job? Stupid Gadha!!!! Talking big does not make an ant-sized animal like you a great person. So, this is how you are seeking Paradise for yourself? You are the worse criminal than Rana himself.

You are just being impractical. You cant save lives asking outside help when people were dying for Oxyzen under the rubble. That was the best approach that our volunteer did. I remembered the number of people saved from under the rubble of WTC in 9/11 and not more than a fraction of what we saved in Rana. No western rescuer will risk their lives to go under the debris of Rana Plaza neither any country has the capcity to fly you a 100 tons crane.
We need more common sense than the western help.

The only equipment we lacked was the life detecting sensor which could be bought from Singapore in short notice and those fat ***** in the BGMEA could help in this regard.

and I assume you are an expert on rescue operations like this and know exactly what kind of assistance could have been provided ...... All I have been hearing for the last few days is how badly equipped out services are to undertake an operation like this and you come out saying we had everything that was required.

The only reason the Westerners were not allowed is that the truth would be revealed about how badly the government and our services were prepared for such an operation. There is nothing more to it ...... The government would look incompetent that is why the Westerners were not permitted to help.

I never said that army had all the technology to do so. They do what they can. And if you read my posts, it never said it is an issue of pride either.

No one is saying you said anything about pride. The government explanation for refusing Western assistance was based on national pride. Please keep up ..... :D

There are rumours that the government had to borrow the rescue equipment from a private organization ... Any truth in this?

A possible reason why government would not want outside assistance -

62642_10152819496890045_1904780082_n.jpg

There are rumours that the government had to borrow the rescue equipment from a private organization ... Any truth in this?

You are not good even at creating gossips. Good to know you have promoted yourself from the matters of military strategy to a minor civilian rescue strategy. Learn to find out truth before you indulge in spreading shittss in an international forum because you hate an independent Bangladesh.

You are not good even at creating gossips. Good to know you have promoted yourself from the matters of military strategy to a minor civilian rescue strategy. Learn to find out truth before you indulge in spreading shittss in an international forum because you hate an independent Bangladesh.

I don't need lectures from an AL/RAW dalal like you .....

Awami League has been trying to hide depth of tragedy and will try to destroy remains of missing to hide evidence of their massacre in Savar.

I ask the moderator to take note of and action on the politicization of this humanitarian thread.

These same people those who are politicizing the thread are not saying anything from where these so called Rana accumulated such a big amount of wealth and which government gave permission to build this house.

This is BNP government under which he started doing drug business and accumulated huge wealth utilizing his father in law's connection who was holing a senior position of Chatra Dal at Savar during BNP government time.

After BAL came to power he became close to Murad Jong and bought one of the BAL position from him.

Not only that this is BNP government under which in 2006 he took the permission to build this Rana Plaza which was not even filled at that time and was taken away from a hindu man by force.

This is quite evident from where this rana has risen to his present position.

I did not posted these as I did not wanted to politicize this tragic event which some selective members are trying to do.

UK

UK’s Primark to pay Savar victims
Senior Correspondent, bdnews24.com
Published: 30 April 2013 01:30 AM Updated: 30 April 2013 01:30 AM

The UK-based clothing chain Primark will reportedly pay compensation and offer emergency aid to the Savar victims who worked for its suppliers.

The nine-story building came crushing down last Wednesday, killing nearly 400 workers and injuring more than 1000. Many more still remained missing as rescuers called off slavage operaions.

According to BBC, the clothing store chain said its team in Bangladesh had been “working to put in place immediate and long-term help for victims of this disaster”.

In a statement it said it had already partnered with a local NGO to address ‘the immediate need’.

Primark said it would provide for children who had lost parents and review the support to ensure it kept up with need, the BBC reports.

The company occupied a floor of the collapsed building that housed five garment factories.

A statement from Primark, which is owned by Associated British Foods, said: “We have partnered with a local NGO [non-governmental organisation] to address the immediate needs of victims, including the provision of emergency food aid to families. This initiative began in Bangladesh immediately the extent of the disaster became clear.

“Primark will also pay compensation to the victims of this disaster who worked for its supplier. This will include the provision of long-term aid for children who have lost parents, financial aid for those injured and payments to the families of the deceased.”

The BBC says it also urged other retailers who used the building to also come forward and offer help and support to those affected.

The report says the move follows a recent call by the charity War On Want, which said firms who use Bangladeshi products must “safeguard the life of these workers”.

Primark said it “accepts all its responsibilities in this disaster” and was providing assistance in the region.

A protest was held outside Primark's flagship store in London on Saturday, the BBC said.

The building collapse also rekindled the workers’ safety issue in Bangladesh as a crucial decision against a petition on Bangladesh’s duty-free access in the US market remained pending.

and I assume you are an expert on rescue operations like this and know exactly what kind of assistance could have been provided ...... All I have been hearing for the last few days is how badly equipped out services are to undertake an operation like this and you come out saying we had everything that was required.

The only reason the Westerners were not allowed is that the truth would be revealed about how badly the government and our services were prepared for such an operation. There is nothing more to it ...... The government would look incompetent that is why the Westerners were not permitted to help.

No one is saying you said anything about pride. The government explanation for refusing Western assistance was based on national pride. Please keep up ..... :D

i suppose you are an expert..

Back
Top Bottom