What's new

Rana Plaza Collapse (huge life losses)

We have more than enough manpower in Savar. Only our people know the situation and the time was limited. It is not a kind of Hollywood movie set that the westerners should have been allowed to participate. It would have been unwise to do so by the govt.Westerners would have been a burden and a distraction in the rescue effort. Westerners can do better by paying a little more price to our products and then pressing the factory owners to pay the workers better wages.

We have manpower but we lack technical ability. One was saying that there's an special kind of monitor that can scan 15 feet or yards inside building and let people decide the course, we don't have that, so we couldn't thoroughly scan. If rescue actions could be well synced with British rescue forces, I believe we would have been able to rescue more...not necessarily this time but in any such next events.

And if govt. tried to show any smartness or any posture that we're sufficient for the rescue operation by rejecting British offer, that's a hollow showdown. All our leaders visit foreign hospitals for their treatments even for very silly diseases because we're not self sufficient. Isn't it complete hypocrisy?

I do not think that foreign rescuers would be able to deal with the surrounding......"situation" if you know what I mean. They won't be able to focus on the actual work even with all the fancy equipment.

Our army is there, and they have the equipment; so I think that'd be enough.

But assistance from FBI and Scotland Yards were very necessary to investigate BDR mutiny...no :lol:?

This was, however, not the explanation of the government. Our national pride would be hurt if we accepted outside assistance. A country that accepts foreign aid still apparently has national pride not to accept foreign expertise. A strange and ludicrous argument and logic. After the Sydr Cyclone the US Navy provided assistance amidst the chaos. Their help at the time was invaluable and any assistance to rescue the trapped people under the Rana Plaza should not have been dismissed off hand. If I or any of my family was under that I would hope that the best people are there to rescue me or my family and no offers of help are refused off-hand.

Dude, I wasn't talking about national pride.

I was talking about the crowd surrounding the area. Emotions are high among them, and it can lead to unpredictable scenarios with foreign teams on the site. That kind of situation may not be optimal for the rescue teams to do the task.

The Savar area is small and very crowded unlike that of a cyclone disaster in which operations would cover vast areas. And does not always require complex rescue operations like the Savar tragedy.

It is best if this situation is kept under control such that the rescue operations can at least proceed smoothly.

It's not national pride, it is the crowd that is the concern.

Though I agree, the government should have given some sort of explanation to the UK. Being somewhat isolated on the international arena, that kind of attitude doesn't bode well as far as PR goes. I mean what do we expect? We have a novice foreign minister with no experience whatsoever, and a prime minister who repeatedly engages in verbal diarrhea during parliament sessions!

*sigh*

Something tells me that the death toll may reach up to 500.....

Besides, I think it is too late for foreign assistance right now.

And if govt. tried to show any smartness or any posture that we're sufficient for the rescue operation by rejecting British offer, that's a hollow showdown. All our leaders visit foreign hospitals for their treatments even for very silly diseases because we're not self sufficient. Isn't it complete hypocrisy?

It is. But what do you expect? They are Bangladeshi politicians! :lol:

But assistance from FBI and Scotland Yards were very necessary to investigate BDR mutiny...no :lol:?

Hmm...:rolleyes:

I was talking about the crowd surrounding the area. Emotions are high among them, and it can lead to unpredictable scenarios with foreign teams on the site. That kind of situation may not be optimal for the rescue teams to do the task.

The Savar area is small and very crowded unlike that of a cyclone disaster in which operations would cover vast areas. And does not always require complex rescue operations like the Savar tragedy.

It is best if this situation is kept under control such that the rescue operations can at least proceed smoothly.

Though I agree, the government should have given some sort of explanation to the UK. Being somewhat isolated on the international arena, that kind of attitude doesn't bode well as far as PR goes. I mean what do we expect? We have a novice foreign minister with no experience whatsoever, and a prime minister who repeatedly engages in verbal diarrhea during parliament sessions!

*sigh*

Calculate 5 floors where garment workers were working. If each floor houses 2500, 5 floors house 12500 and total rescued numbers (death and alive) are far lower than that. So, don't go to a fast estimate of death toll.

*sigh*

Dude I know you weren't talking about national pride. The government was ...... :no:

The government refused outside assistance on the grounds of national pride not crowd control ....

Bangladesh: UK rescue aid rejected after Dhaka factory collapse

Documents seen by The Daily Telegraph indicate both Bangladesh's foreign and home ministries rejected the offers because they feared that accepting aid would damage national pride.

Bangladesh: UK rescue aid rejected after Dhaka factory collapse - Telegraph

Is this a joke? National pride? These awami fagots may just opted to kill many more possible survivors by rejecting this offer. Bunch of dalal shameless scums talking about national pride.

I do not think that foreign rescuers would be able to deal with the surrounding......"situation" if you know what I mean. They won't be able to focus on the actual work even with all the fancy equipment.

It was a typical disaster scenario of a collapsed building which I am sure the foreign rescue teams had experience with. Besides in such a scenario I don't think grieved and worried families along with the rescue workers would have thought about anything else other than being relieved with some extra help.We could have used some high tech cameras and sensors to search for survivors. I believe its just like Skallagrim mentioned, those awami fagots didn't want foreigners to have a first hand experience of our garment sector's evil side. National pride is a lunatic excuse.

Calculate 5 floors where garment workers were working. If each floor houses 2500, 5 floors house 12500 and total rescued numbers (death and alive) are far lower than that. So, don't go to a fast estimate of death toll.

Usaually one factory employs something like one thousand workers. So the estimate of 5000 is pretty accurate. Now approximately 2500 workers were rescued. If another one one thousand were absent (just assume) then we are still left with 1500.

Refusing outside help was a mistake. Disaster recovery is a high tech field involving sensors, robots and specially trained dogs, among other things, so yes, it was yet another colossal failure by this incompetent Awami League regime. And all those people who are supporting this failure of this govt., please consider if it was your sister or brother or family trapped under those rubbles, what would you prefer?

This was, however, not the explanation of the government. Our national pride would be hurt if we accepted outside assistance. A country that accepts foreign aid still apparently has national pride not to accept foreign expertise. A strange and ludicrous argument and logic. After the Sydr Cyclone the US Navy provided assistance amidst the chaos. Their help at the time was invaluable and any assistance to rescue the trapped people under the Rana Plaza should not have been dismissed off hand. If I or any of my family was under that I would hope that the best people are there to rescue me or my family and no offers of help are refused off-hand.

You are just being impractical. You cant save lives asking outside help when people were dying for Oxyzen under the rubble. That was the best approach that our volunteer did. I remembered the number of people saved from under the rubble of WTC in 9/11 and not more than a fraction of what we saved in Rana. No western rescuer will risk their lives to go under the debris of Rana Plaza neither any country has the capcity to fly you a 100 tons crane.
We need more common sense than the western help.

The only equipment we lacked was the life detecting sensor which could be bought from Singapore in short notice and those fat ***** in the BGMEA could help in this regard.

You are just being impractical. You cant save lives asking outside help when people were dying for Oxyzen under the rubble. That was the best approach that our volunteer did. I remembered the number of people saved from under the rubble of WTC in 9/11 and not more than a fraction of what we saved in Rana. No western rescuer will risk their lives to go under the debris of Rana Plaza neither any country has the capcity to fly you a 100 tons crane.

The only equipment we lacked was the life detecting sensor which could be bought from Singapore in short notice and those fat ***** in the BGMEA could help in this regard.

Yes, BGMEA is running Bangladesh and all fault goes to BGMEA, and it is no fault of Awami League govt. And you are disaster recovery expert certified by US authority, so you know exactly what is used in such recovery. Right?

Such a huge loss of life. Many families lost breadwinner

We in this region have no value on human life. If we did, we would value proper safety codes for buildings. Issue is corruption and lack of strict laws.

5 garments factories crowded into one building.

At the same time, people should demonstrate their (justified) anger in a peaceful way not a destructive way.

Rest in Peace .... What a tragedy...

Who the heck would ship over a 100 ton crane? :confused: No one ever said that :lol:

How do make such conclusion? More than army itself, it was local people who rescuded survivors in early hours of the tragedy. Besides, foreign rescue team has equipments which could have pin point where are survivors and more life could have been saved. Army is doing what it can within its limit but that does not mean army has all technological capability. Being proud is one thing BUT killing hundreds of workers with pride is sheer crime. Besides, where is the pride in killing 400+ workers and counting??? Please, ask that to yourself.

Arrest of Awami League leader Sohel Rana is farcical at best. He was charged with violation of construction rule and liquor rule. NO criminal charge for committing crime against humanity and killing hundreds. More than that Awami League MP Murad Jong and Hasina herself who from behind the scene, were orchestrating plan to use garments workers as shield, are still at large.

ঢাকা: সাভারে ধসে পড়া ‘রানা প্লাজা’র মালিক যুবলীগ নেতা সোহেল রানাকে মাদকসহ আটক করেছে র*্যাব। তাকে ইতোমধ্যে হওয়া ইমারত আইনের মামলায় গ্রেপ্তার দেখানো হবে। এরপর মাদকদ্রব্য আইনে তার বিরুদ্ধে মামলা দায়ের করা হবে।
রবিবার সাড়ে ৫টায় সদরদপ্তরে আনুষ্ঠানিক ব্রিফিংয়ে র*্যাব মহাপরিচালক মোখলেছুর রহমান এ তথ্য জানান।

????????? ???? ??? ???? ????? ???? ????: ?‌???? | ????? | Rtnn.net

Back
Top Bottom