What's new

Ramadan Karim | 2014

Hey Guys I am creating this thread to discuss about Ramadan How you spent your Ramadan and what you do what kind of worship you like to do most how you spent your day and How Ramadan is celebrated in your country please share that and be active on this thread till last day of Ramadan
@Aeronaut @Oscar @Fulcrum15 @Indos @madokafc @Reashot Xigwin @Jakartans@PkDef @al-Hasani @Yzd Khalifa @Arabian Legend @JUBA @JonAsad @Areesh

pakoras-most-favourite-food-item-of-iftar-1344195401-1548.jpg

Pakoras with chatni most famous in Pakistan
picCj2Q7e.jpg

Samosas
recipes-chaats-fruit-and-alu-chaat.jpg

Fruit Chaat
Dal-Mash-Dahi-Baray-Recipe.jpg

Dahi Baray
alu-paratha.jpg

Paratah and Yogurt mostly used for Sehri
Doodh_Soda.JPG

Doodha Soda milk mixed with either 7 up or sprite
@Kaan @Muhammad Omar @Al Bhatti @Jf Thunder
Bq-Uwz8CQAAN_fa.jpg:large

What is inside the Pakoras and what is the condiment? That looks amaingly delicious.....
Pakora could be of many things;; potato+onion+coriendarseeds+spices;;; egg-plant pakora;; spinach pakora;; chicken pakora;; & what very few ppl haerd of = Bhaen-Pakora (root of lotus flower plant) etc etc...

Pakora is just anything dipped in batter (& deep-fried) made from chick-pea-flour called "Bae'sen"(ground chick-peas). with spices & all.

Hey Guys I am creating this thread to discuss about Ramadan...
University of Southern California;;
Fasting triggers stem cell regeneration of damaged, old immune system.

Fasting for two days could regenerate the immune system.

Complete sunset at 11pm, sunrise at 4am, 19 hour rozas for me.
..hummay tou rona atta hai bus ALLAH hi khair keray...

If you follow Hadees (not the charts made by God knows whom!! spread by mosques) you can get some more time...

(.)Quranic & Sunnah laws regarding how to go about fasting etc.
=
Mosques issue charts with end-of-sahree times which are NOT correct.
What ppl in Pakistan commonly call as "Subh-e-Sadiq"(True Dawn) is actually "Subh-e-Batil"(False Dawn) according to Ahadees.

Time uptill when we can eat is given in Quran & Sunnah very clearly & it is about 30-45 minutes later than the time given on those charts.

=
=

Read Urdu text in red box... & also read other Ahadees below...
=

=
=
=

So this is the red(yellow)(as many old ppl still use the word yellow or red for orange color)
This is horizontal strip of light clearly discernible (Quran:2:187) from black hue of night.

=
Quran:2:187:- ...and eat and drink, until the white thread of dawn appear to you distinct from its black thread;....
Abu-Dawood:7:2341:-
Narated By Talq ibn Ali al-Yamami : The Apostle of Allah (pbuh) said: Eat and drink; let not the white and ascending light prevent you from (eating and drinking); so eat and drink until the red light spreads horizontally.

Sahih-Muslim:6:2406:-

narrated on the authority of Sulaiman Taimi with the same chain of transmitters and, at the end, it was said that the first Adhan was meant to awaken those who were in slumber amongst them and in order to make them turn who stand in (prayer) among them (towards food at the commencement of the fast). Jarir (one of the narrators) said that the Messenger (may peace be upon him) did not say like this but he said like it (true dawn) that the streaks of (true dawn = subh-e-Sadiq) are horizontal and not vertical.
Sahih-Muslim:6:2407:-
Samura b. Jandub reported Muhammad (may peace be upon him) as saying. The call of Bilal may not mislead any one of you (and he may, under the wrong impression gathered from it, refrain) from taking meal before the commencement of the fast (for the streaks) of this whiteness (which are vertical indicate the false dawn and the true dawn with which the fast commences is that when the streaks of light are) spread.

Sahih-Muslim:6:2409:-

Samura b. Jundub (Allah be pleased with him) reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: The Adhan of Bilal may not mislead you with regard to your food at the commencement of the fast, nor the vertical (streaks) of whiteness in the horizon (for it is an indication of false dawn). You should stop eating (food) till (the whiteness) spreads like it. Hammad narrated it and with the gesture of his band he explained the horizontal position (of the streaks of light).

Sahih-Bukhari:1:11:595:-

Narated By 'Abdullah bin Mas'ud : The Prophet said, "The Adhan pronounced by Bilal should not stop you from taking Suhur, for he pronounces the Adhan at night, so that the one offering the late night prayer (Tahajjud) from among you might hurry up and the sleeping from among you might wake up. It does not mean that dawn or morning has started." Then he (the Prophet) pointed with his fingers and raised them up (towards the sky) and then lowered them (towards the earth) like this (Ibn Mas'ud imitated the gesture of the Prophet). Az-Zuhri gestured with his two index fingers which he put on each other and then stretched them to the right and left. These gestures illustrate the way real dawn appears. It spreads left and right horizontally. The dawn that appears in the high sky and lowers down is not the real dawn.

Sahih Bukhari3:31:140:-

Narated By 'Adi bin Hatim : When the above verses were revealed: 'Until the white thread appears to you, distinct from the black thread,' I took two (hair) strings, one black and the other white, and kept them under my pillow and went on looking at them throughout the night but could not make anything out of it. So, the next morning I went to Allah's Apostle and told him the whole story. He explained to me, "That verse means the darkness of the night and the whiteness of the dawn."

Sahih Bukhari3:31:141:-

Narated By Sahl bin Saud : When the following verses were revealed: 'Eat and drink until the white thread appears to you, distinct from the black thread' and of dawn was not revealed, some people who intended to fast, tied black and white threads to their legs and went on eating till they differentiated between the two. Allah then revealed the words, 'of dawn', and it became clear that meant night and day.

Sahih Muslim:6:2408:-

Samura b. Jundub reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: The Adhan of Bilal should not mislead you nor the whiteness (of the pillar) of dawn, for it is not the whiteness of the true dawn, but that of the false dawn which is vertical like a pillar and you can eat food till the streaks of whiteness spread like it(Horizontal).

Abu Dawood:2:534:-

Narated By Bilal : The Apostle of Allah (pbuh) said to Bilal: Do not call adhan until the dawn appears clearly to you in this way, stretching his hand in latitude.

Abu Dawood:7:2448:-

Narated By Hafsah, Ummul Mu'minin : The Apostle of Allah (pbuh) said: He who does not determine to fast before dawn does not fast.

Abu Dawood:Book 002, Hadith Number 0393.

Narated By Abdullah Ibn Abbas : The Apostle of Allah (pbuh) said: Gabriel led me in prayer at the House (i.e. the Ka'bah). He prayed the noon prayer with me when the sun had passed the meridian to the extent of the thong of a sandal; he prayed the afternoon prayer with me when the shadow of everything was as long as itself; he prayed the sunset prayer with me when one who is fasting breaks the fast; he prayed the night prayer with me when the twilight had ended; and he prayed the dawn prayer(Fajr) with me when food and drink become forbidden to one who is keeping the fast.
(Above, we see when this time to end the eating starts.)

On the following day he prayed the noon prayer with me when his shadow was as long as himself; he prayed the afternoon prayer with me when his shadow was twice as long as himself; he prayed the sunset prayer at the time when one who is fasting breaks the fast; he prayed the night prayer with me when about the third of the night had passed; and he prayed the dawn prayer(Fajr) with me when there was a fair amount of light.
=
=
=
Abu Dawood:Book 002, Hadith Number 0532.

Narated By Abdullah ibn Umar : Bilal made a call to prayer before the break of dawn; the Prophet (pbuh), therefore, commanded him to return and make a call.

Abu Dawood:Book 002, Hadith Number 0534.

Narated By Bilal : The Apostle of Allah (pbuh) said to Bilal: Do not call adhan until the dawn appears clearly to you in this way, stretching his hand in latitude(Horizontally).

Abu Dawood:Book 002, Hadith Number 0514.

Narated By Ziyad ibn al-Harith as-Suda'i : When the adhan for the dawn prayer was initially introduced, the Prophet (pbuh) commanded me to call the adhan and I did so. Then I began to ask: Should I utter iqamah, Apostle of Allah? But he began to look at the direction of the east, (waiting) for the break of dawn, and said: No.

When the dawn broke, he came down and performed ablution and he then turned to me. In the meantime his Companions joined him. Then Bilal wanted to utter the iqamah, but the Prophet (pbuh) said to him: The man of Suda' has called the adhan, and he who calls the adhan utters the iqamah.

Volumn 001, Book 011, Hadith Number 592.

Narated By Hafsa : When the Muadh-dhin pronounced the Adhan for Fajr prayer and the dawn became evident the Prophet ordered a two Rakat light prayer (Sunna) before the Iqama of the compulsory (congregational) prayer.

=
=

Following hadees shows that Fajr can be offered uptil sunrise & thus having bright light at horizon before sunrise should not stop us from offering fajr.
Volumn 001, Book 010, Hadith Number 531.
Narated By Abu Huraira : Allah's Apostle said, "If anyone of you can get one Rak'a of the 'Asr prayer before sunset, he should complete his prayer. If any of you can get one Rak'a of the Fajr prayer before sunrise, he should complete his prayer."

Volumn 001, Book 010, Hadith Number 547.

-----------------------------------------
Narated By Jarir bin 'Abdullah : We were with the Prophet on a full moon night. He looked at the moon and said, "You will certainly see your Lord as you see this moon, and there will be no trouble in seeing Him. So if you can avoid missing (through sleep, business, etc.) a prayer before the rising of the sun (Fajr) and before its setting ('Asr) you must do so. He (the Prophet) then recited the following verse:

And celebrate the praises Of Your Lord before The rising of the sun And before (its) setting." (QURAN:50.39)

Abu Dawood:Book 002, Hadith Number 1252.
Narated By Bilal : Ziyadah al-Kindi reported on the authority of Bilal that he (Bilal) came to the Apostle of Allah (pbuh) to inform him about the dawn prayer. 'Aisha kept Bilal engaged in a matter which she asked him till the day was bright and it became fairly light. Bilal then stood up and called him to prayer and called him repeatedly. The Apostle of Allah (pbuh) did not yet come out. When he came out, he led the people in prayer and he (Bilal) informed him that 'Aisha had kept him engaged in a matter which she asked him till it became fairly light; hence he became late in reaching him (in time). He (Bilal) said: Apostle of Allah, the dawn became fairly bright. He said: If the dawn became brighter than it is now, I would pray them (the two rak'ahs of the sunnah prayer), offer them well and in a more beautiful manner.

Abu Dawood:Book 002, Hadith Number 1272.

Narated By Amr ibn Anbasah as-Sulami : I asked: Apostle of Allah, in which part of night the supplication is more likely to be accepted?

He replied: In the last part: Pray as much as you like, for the prayer is attended by the angels and it is recorded till you offer the dawn prayer; then stop praying when the sun is rising till it has reached the height of one or two lances,....

===========
===========
===========

Some other ahadees on this topic:-
=
Sahih Bukhari: Volumn 001, Book 010, Hadith Number 553.
Narated By Abu Huraira : Allah's Apostle said, "Whoever could get one Rak'a (of the Fajr prayer) before sunrise, he has got the (morning) prayer and whoever could get one Rak'a of the 'Asr prayer before sunset, he has got the ('Asr) prayer."

Sahih Bukhari: Volumn 001, Book 010, Hadith Number 529.
Narated By Qais : Jarir said, "We were with the Prophet and he looked at the moon-full-moon and said, 'Certainly you will see your Lord as you see this moon and you will have no trouble in seeing Him. So if you can avoid missing (through sleep or business, etc.) a prayer before the sun-rise (Fajr) and a prayer before sunset ('Asr), you must do so.' He then recited Allah's Statement: And celebrate the praises Of your Lord before The rising of the sun And before (its) setting." (50.39) Isma'il said, "Offer those prayers and do not miss them."

Sahih Bukhari: Volumn 001, Book 010, Hadith Number 516.
Narated By Abu Al-Minhal : Abu Barza said, "The Prophet used to offer the Fajr (prayer) when one could recognize the person sitting by him (after the prayer) and he used to recite between 60 to 100 Ayat (verses) of the Qur'an. He used to offer the Zuhr prayer as soon as the sun declined (at noon) and the 'Asr at a time when a man might go and return from the farthest place in Medina and find the sun still hot. (The sub-narrator forgot what was said about the Maghrib). He did not mind delaying the 'Isha prayer to one third of the night or the middle of the night."

Sahih Bukhari:Volumn 001, Book 010, Hadith Number 522.
Narated By Saiyar bin Salama : I along with my father went to Abu- Barza Al-Aslarrni and my father asked him, "How Allah's Apostle used to offer the five compulsory congregational prayers?" Abu- Barza said, "The Prophet used to pray the Zuhr prayer which you (people) call the first one at mid-day when the sun had just declined The 'Asr prayer at a time when after the prayer, a man could go to the house at the farthest place in Medina (and arrive) while the sun was still hot. (I forgot about the Maghrib prayer). The Prophet Loved to delay the 'Isha which you call Al- Atama and he disliked sleeping before it and speaking after it. After the Fajr prayer he used to leave when a man could recognize the one sitting beside him and he used to recite between 60 to 100 Ayat (in the Fajr prayer).

Sahih Bukhari:Volumn 001, Book 010, Hadith Number 536.
Narated By Salama : We used to pray the Maghrib prayer with the Prophet when the sun disappeared from the horizon.

Sahih Bukhari:Volumn 001, Book 010, Hadith Number 557.
Narated By Hisham's father : Ibn 'Umar said, "Allah's Apostle said, 'Do not pray at the time of sunrise and at the time of sunset.' " Ibn 'Umar said, "Allah's Apostle said, 'If the edge of the sun appears (above the horizon) delay the prayer till it becomes high, and if the edge of the sun disappears, delay the prayer till it sets (disappears completely).' "

Sahih Bukhari:Volumn 001, Book 012, Hadith Number 738.
Narated By Saiyar bin Salama : My father and I went to Abu Barza-al-Aslami to ask him about the stated times for the prayers. He replied, "The Prophet used to offer the Zuhr prayer when the sun just declined from its highest position at noon; the 'Asr at a time when if a man went to the farthest place in Medina (after praying) he would find the sun still hot (bright). (The sub narrator said: I have forgotten what Abu Barza said about the Maghrib prayer). The Prophet never found any harm in delaying the 'Isha prayer to the first third of the night and he never liked to sleep before it and to talk after it. He used to offer the morning prayer at a time when after finishing it one could recognize the person sitting beside him and used to recite between 60 to 100 verses in one or both the Rakat."

Sahih Bukhari:Volumn 002, Book 021, Hadith Number 235.
Narated By Qatada : Anas bin Malik said, "The Prophet (p.b.u.h) and Zaid bin Thabit took their Suhur together. When they finished it, the Prophet stood for the (Fajr) prayer and offered it." We asked Anas, "What was the interval between their finishing the Suhur and the starting of the morning prayer?" Anas replied, "It was equal to the time taken by a person in reciting fifty verses of the Qur'an."

========================================================

Sahih Muslim: Book 006, Hadith Number 2399.
------------------------------
Chapter : The timing of fast begins with the dawn.

'Abdullah b. Mas'ud (Allah be pleased with him) reported that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) had said: Bilal would pronounce Adhan (at the fag end of the night in order to inform the people about the time of the Sahri). So you eat and drink till you hear the Adhan of Ibn Umm Maktum (which was pronounced at the conclusion of the Sahri and the commencement of the fast).

Sahih Muslim: Book 006, Hadith Number 2400.
------------------------------
Chapter : The timing of fast begins with the dawn.

Abdullah b. 'Umar (Allah be pleased with both of them) reported: I heard the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) as saying: Bilal announces Adhan during the night, so you eat and drink, till you hear the Adhan of Ibn Umm Maktum.

Last edited:
Ramadan spiritually energizes Muslims

• 1403625469420037100.jpg
JEDDAH: P. K. ABDUL GHAFOUR | ARAB NEWS STAFF

Published — Wednesday 25 June 2014

Last update 25 June 2014 3:05 pm

| |
ico-fonts.png

LATEST STORIES IN ISLAM IN PERSPECTIVE
More
The holy month of Ramadan comes to the Islamic world every year to remind the Muslim faithful on the need to return to Allah by following His teachings in all walks of their lives in order to achieve peace in this world and the Hereafter.
The daytime fasting and nighttime prayers spiritually energize the faithful to lead a new life, benefiting the whole humanity and opening a new chapter of peace and progress.
Ramadan is not a month for shopping festivals as many people wrong believed.
It is a month for fasting, reflection, devotion, generosity and sacrifice observed by Muslims around the world.
While major holidays of other faiths have largely become commercialized events, Ramadan retains its intense spiritual meaning.
Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, has cautioned Muslims 14 centuries ago that the Ramadan fasting should have a real impact on their lives. He has advised the faithful: “Let it not be that the day that you fast and the day that you break fast be equal.” Meaning, Ramadan should change one’s behavior, attitude and outlook toward life.
Allah says in the Holy Qur’an: “O you who believe, fasting has been prescribed upon you as it has been prescribed upon those before you, so that you may attain Taqwa or piety.” 2:183) While fasting, Muslims must ponder whether it had any effect in making them more God-fearing and pious.
Ramadan is a month-long training program for Muslims to change their lives.
During this month, they engage in prayers seeking the forgiveness of Allah, recite and reflect on the Qur’an during night and day, perform the Taraweeh night prayers, and attend special Islamic classes and meetings.
Many faithful perform itikaf or retreat at mosques during the last ten nights of Ramadan, leaving all worldly pursuits to establish closer relationship with God.
Patience is another important quality one develops during Ramadan through fasting.
Allah has mentioned the word sabr or patience more than seventy times in the Qur’an and commanded patience in more than sixteen ways in the holy book.
When one fasts from dawn to dusk, giving up food and drink and marital sexual relations for several hours, he/she learns restraint and patience.
The Islamic nation needs men and women that are strong willed, who can stand upon the Qur’an and Sunnah and not waver in front of the enemies of God.
Ramadan encourages the faithful to engage in charitable and good activities beneficial to humanity.
The fasting in the holy month develops a strong feeling among the faithful that Allah is watching all their activities.
As a result, they will ask themselves before doing anything, ‘Does God love this action? Is God pleased with this action?’ Thus they gain the quality of watching oneself and staying away from showing off. According to a Hadith of the Prophet, Allah has said: “Fasting is for Me and I reward it.” (Bukhari) God singles out fasting from all other types of worship saying, “Fasting is for Me,” because no one knows whether you are fasting or not, except God. For example, when one is praying or giving charity or making tawaf or circumambulation around the Holy Kaaba, people watch him/her.
During Ramadan, Muslim faithful are trained to keep away from sins. The Prophet has advised them, “Whoever does not abandon falsehood in word and action, then Allah has no need that he should leave his food and drink.” (Bukhari) This Hadith reminds Muslims that they should purify their manners. The Qur’an has stated that the Prophet Muhammad “was sent to perfect good manners.”
Ramadan is a month for Muslims to change their lives for the better, leaving behind un-Islamic and immoral practices, to lead an exemplary life. The Prophet has said, “Every human being sins and the best of the sinners are those who repent.” (Ibn Maajah) God provides many opportunities to repent and seek His forgiveness. Allah says in the Qur’an: ” Say, O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful.” (39:53)
Muslims do not fast because of medical benefits, which are of a secondary nature.
Fasting has been used by patients for weight management, to rest the digestive tract and for lowering lipids.
There are many adverse effects of total fasting as well as of crash diets.
Islamic fasting is different from such diet plans because in Ramadan fasting, there is no malnutrition or inadequate calorie intake.
The physiological effect of fasting includes lowering of blood sugar, lowering of cholesterol and lowering of the systolic blood pressure.
In fact, Ramadan fasting would be an ideal recommendation for the treatment of mild to moderate, stable, non-insulin diabetes, obesity, and essential hypertension.
In 1994, the first International Congress on “Health and Ramadan,” held in Casablanca, entered 50 extensive studies on the medical ethics of fasting.
Muslim faithful compete with one another in charitable activities during Ramadan to win Allah’s pleasure and reward. Abdullah bin Abaas said, “The Prophet was the most charitable amongst the people, and he used to be more so in the month of Ramadan when angel Jibreel used to meet him on every night of Ramadan till the end of the month.” (Bukhari) The Prophet said, “He who gives food for a fasting person to break his fast, he will receive the same reward as him, without nothing being reduced from the fasting person’s reward.” (Tirmudi) Inspired by this Hadith, Muslims spend huge amounts of money during the fasting month for distributing iftar meals at mosques and public places. Millions of worshippers get iftar meals at the Grand Mosque in Makkah and Prophet’s Mosque in Madinah as they break their fast jointly without facing any difficulty.
Muslims all over the world fast during the holy month, thus strengthening their unity and solidarity and they need this unity more than anytime before to confront growing challenges.
All the teachings of Islam urge the Muslim faithful to stand together and should not disintegrate. Unfortunately, we see Muslims kill one another in Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Bangladesh and other parts of the world, making their enemies happy.
Allah says in the Qur’an: “And hold firmly to the rope of Allah all together and do not become divided. And remember the favor of Allah upon you — when you were enemies and He brought your hearts together and you became, by His favor, brothers. And you were on the edge of a pit of the Fire, and He saved you from it. Thus does Allah make clear to you His verses that you may be guided. And let there be [arising] from you a nation inviting to [all that is] good, enjoining what is right and forbidding what is wrong, and those will be the successful. And do not be like the ones who became divided and differed after the clear proofs had come to them. And those will have a great punishment. (3:103-105)
Fasting in Ramadan teaches Muslims to learn discipline, which is essential for them to make progress. The Prophet has made us adhere to discipline and strictness, strictness that does not lead to fanaticism or going outside the bounds that God has laid down. One cannot knowingly break the fast before the sunset, as it will not be accepted by God. They are also not allowed to delay breaking fast with the aim of getting more rewards. Muslims should learn to be very strict in their lives, because they are people of an important message.
Amongst the nights of Ramadan, there is one special night of Power (Qadr), which is highlighted in Surah Al-Qadr, saying it has the significance of being better than a thousand months. (Qur’an 97:3).
This was the night when Qur’an was revealed to mankind. Prophet Muhammad urged Muslims to seek this night in the odd nights of the last ten nights of Ramadan.
Fasting made compulsory during Ramadan to make the faithful thank God for revealing the Holy Qur’an during this month as a blessing and guidance for the mankind.
Qur’an says: “The month of Ramadan [is that] in which was revealed the Qur’an, a guidance for the people and clear proofs of guidance and criterion. So whoever sights [the new moon of] the month, let him fast it; and whoever is ill or on a journey — then an equal number of other days. Allah intends for you ease and does not intend for you hardship and [wants] for you to complete the period and to glorify Allah for that [to] which He has guided you; and perhaps you will be grateful.” (2:185)
Ramadan spiritually energizes Muslims | Arab News — Saudi Arabia News, Middle East News, Opinion, Economy and more.

Ramadan mubarak to all my brothers from Pakistan, Indonesia, Turkey, the Arab states, Iran, India and everywhere else that we don't have posters from.

Allah bless you and your families.

Peace to all non-Muslim friends as well.

Back
Top Bottom