What's new

Rajputana Rifles

Send them to LOC , please, lets see what they are made of. Let's hope they don't lose their heads.
u think martians guard that LOC . :woot:

Gallantry Awards[edit]

People wrongly presume this regiment is made up of mostly Rajputs..it takes recruits from Rajasthan, Haryana,west UP and kathiawad and saurashtra regions of Gujarat..it has jaats,Rajputs,ahirs,gujjars and all communities from those regions.

People wrongly presume this regiment is made up of mostly Rajputs..it takes recruits from Rajasthan, Haryana,west UP and kathiawad and saurashtra regions of Gujarat..it has jaats,Rajputs,ahirs,gujjars and all communities from those regions.

Which is why the name is so stupid.

Send them to LOC , please, lets see what they are made of. Let's hope they don't lose their heads.
Be careful what you wish for. If they go down, they'll bring a few of your men with them. After all, Pakistan does typically suffer higher casualties on the loc.

Rajputana-Rifles-contingent.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

On a side note, @Suriya, they have some amazing mustaches. I might try growing one.
2564674550_65e18276ab.jpg

Which is why the name is so stupid.
Nope,the name is pefect as Rajputana is the old name of Rajasthan and all the jawans recruited in this regiments have connection with Rajasthan as they were under the same empire of Gurjara Pratihara and they are the same people.

Nope,the name is pefect as Rajputana is the old name of Rajasthan and all the jawans recruited in this regiments have connection with Rajasthan as they were under the same empire of Gurjara Pratihara and they are the same people.
To be honest, the Indian Army's regiment system is a legacy of the British Raj. The IA recruits soldiers from all over the country. But yes, Rajputana rifles is associated with Rajasthan and neighboring regions such as Haryana and West UP. Of course, not only Rajputs serve in it, but other groups such as Jatts and Gujjars. Although Jatts also have their own regiment.

To be honest, the Indian Army's regiment system is a legacy of the British Raj. The IA recruits soldiers from all over the country. But yes, Rajputana rifles is associated with Rajasthan and neighboring regions such as Haryana and West UP. Of course, not only Rajputs serve in it, but other groups such as Jatts and Gujjars. Although Jatts also have their own regiment.
Yes, Rajputana is the name of region so they do have all the castes..jaat regiment is mostly jaats just like Rajput regiment is mostly Rajputs of MP,UP,Bihar and some other states..Rajputs of Rajasthan and Haryana are in Rajrif..Dogras have their own regiment which has considerable number of Dogras Rajputs and kumaon and Garhwal regiments also have pahadi Rajputs of uttrakhand..this is all a mess..we should have all ethnic,Al linguistic regiments like the grenadiers.

Yes, Rajputana is the name of region so they do have all the castes..jaat regiment is mostly jaats just like Rajput regiment is mostly Rajputs of MP,UP,Bihar and some other states..Rajputs of Rajasthan and Haryana are in Rajrif..Dogras have their own regiment which has considerable number of Dogras Rajputs and kumaon and Garhwal regiments also have pahadi Rajputs of uttrakhand..this is all a mess..we should have all ethnic,Al linguistic regiments like the grenadiers.
I remember the last time I was in Himachal Pradesh I saw some IA soldiers training. They were probably from Kumaon Regiment. Must be tough running over 10000 feet altitude.

Nope,the name is pefect as Rajputana is the old name of Rajasthan and all the jawans recruited in this regiments have connection with Rajasthan

In your prior post you also mentioned that the people from this regiment are recruited from other areas.

Although Jatts also have their own regiment.

I'm surprised Gujjars don't have their own.

In your prior post you also mentioned that the people from this regiment are recruited from other areas.
Other regions like kathiawad and saurashtra regions of Gujarat whose cities like bhavnagar , surendranagar were all built by Rajputs who emigrated there 400-500 years ago..Haryana and west UP are the same people as Rajasthan and they speak the similar language and are of same ethnic background..thats twhy Rajputana name is correct as it denites the region where ghet live,migrated from and have close cultural and ethnic association.

Yeah they don't, British used to consider them agrarian community
Same goes for us brahmins we don't have a regiment now despite a godd presence in the army(though used to have one!)
By the way ,Are you a gujjar?

Rajputana was a historical region that included parts of other states. If you remember my history of Gujarat thread, I discussed how Northern Gujarat was historically tied to Rajasthan. Parts of western Madhya Pradesh and Haryana also have close ties to modern Rajasthan. Think of it like how Haryana and Himachal are connected to Punjab because it was historically tied to modern Punjab for various historical reasons.

That's one of the reasons for the Gujjar agitation. I fully support having a gujjar regiment since they are capable warriors and highly patriotic to India. Not to mention, Dogras and Garwhalis have their own regiment, and they are smaller in population than Gunjars.. Currently, Gujjars mostly serve in Rajputana rifles, Dogra Regiment, and JaK light infantry

Back
Top Bottom