What's new

2/8 Gorkha Rifles won a gold medal at the Cambrian Patrol 2016.

Who pays the piper calls the tune. They are mercenaries. They will sing what you tell them. In this case 'Pak Zindabad'.

I know you are tasting sour grapes here.Anyways, soldiers who are professionals, do respect their adversaries. PA and IA both won the golds. If you had even 5% of professionalism what a normal Army has, you wouldn't have posted such rants.

I guess, seniors at this forum do have such liberty.

Congrats PA and IA on winning Golds.

Says the US Military Research Paper.

Pak Army,COAS came up with 1 figure .. which can be found on the internet..

You can take NS's figure and make a 32.

P.S: NLI wasnt part of the military but a paramilitary unit which was merged into the military as an honor for their valor.. in 2000.

US Library of congress of also states, that Pakistan suffered more than 750 casualties in Kargil

Nope there are 3 different figures,

Check Musharraf' book, Check his TV interview to Hamid Mir, and check your army's website.

All three are different figures.

NLI might have been classified as a paramilitary force, but it has no bearing on events in Kargil, they were/are part of Pakistani armed forces , were/ are taking orders from Pakistani COAS.

US Library of congress of also states, that Pakistan suffered more than 750 casualties in Kargil

Quiet a difference between a research paper being taught at US military academies than a library.

Nope there are 3 different figures,

Check Musharraf' book, Check his TV interview to Hamid Mir, and check your army's website.

Ive read his book and seen Armys figure available with casualities,place of martyrdom,rank and name of shaheeds.. why dont you prove me wrong with that interview.

NLI might have been classified as a paramilitary force, but it has no bearing on events in Kargil, they were/are part of Pakistani armed forces , were/ are taking orders from Pakistani COAS.

So what?

US Military is lying when it teaches its people on operation anaconda and kargil?

Quiet a difference between a research paper being taught at US military academies than a library.

Ive read his book and seen Armys figure available with casualities,place of martyrdom,rank and name of shaheeds.. why dont you prove me wrong with that interview.

So what?

US Military is lying when it teaches its people on operation anaconda and kargil?

You understand, this is not your school library, this is American Library of Congress, it is permanent archive, where facts are stored.

Unfortunately for you , I working of a Satcom based net, do not have access to videos or youtube.

Where does this US research paper say , that Pakistan suffered only 350 casualties in Kargil ?

You understand, this is not your school library, this is American Library of Congress, it is permanent archive, where facts are stored.

And you do understand thats its the US Naval Institute not your uncles academy... the numbers being quoted are also ironically from indian sources... and ironically the article itself has contribution from jingoistic authors like prasun gupta etc...
http://calhoun.nps.edu/

And he 1700 number included civilians aka mujahideen fighters too.

Unfortunately for you , I working of a Satcom based net, do not have access to videos or youtube.

Unfortunately for you .. those leaked videos take a shyt on indian military claims ..

Where does this US research paper say , that Pakistan suffered only 350 casualties in Kargil ?

Why dont you shut up and read the paper (which is biased in favour of india to begin with).. but plenty to rip and tear apart your own pathetic narrative.. you cant cherry pick everytime..

And you do understand thats its the US Naval Institute not your uncles academy... the numbers being quoted are also ironically from indian sources... and ironically the article itself has contribution from jingoistic authors like prasun gupta etc...
http://calhoun.nps.edu/

And he 1700 number included civilians aka mujahideen fighters too.

Unfortunately for you .. those leaked videos take a shyt on indian military claims ..

Why dont you shut up and read the paper (which is biased in favour of india to begin with).. but plenty to rip and tear apart your own pathetic narrative.. you cant cherry pick everytime..

I have read the paper many times, but no where I have found it to be corroborating with Pakistan army on its declared casualty figures.

There is only one neutral source, which states Pakistan's casualties in Kargil , Which happens to significantly higher than, Pakistan officially accepted casualties..do you want to know, what that source is.

I have read the paper many times, but no where I have found it to be corroborating with Pakistan army on its declared casualty figures.

It only provides the number of total men from our side including mujahideen fighters .. quoting indian sources,army and otherwise...

So if we had for the sake of the arguement 1700 men and many casualities due to enviormental factors,disease and prolonged stay on the glacier,no supplies and IAF and indian army division bombardment (and no shelter)... than how can the number be 4000 you claim?

4000 casualities out of total 1400 men? both indian numbers...

There is only one neutral source, which states Pakistan's casualties in Kargil , Which happens to significantly higher than, Pakistan officially accepted casualties..do you want to know, what that source is.
Do tell?

In anyway the indian casualities were much higher... even as per the report.. and since you quoted tiger hill... ironic how less than a few dozen soldiers defied indian military and airstrikes .. eating ration and sugar captured from indian troops,under manned,ill equipped,fighting nature and its elements without any supplies and pushing boulders on indian troops for over a month.... and still inflicting heavy losses on 3 indian regiments.... and later withdrawing.

Tough men.. so how does a key board warrior like yourself talk about real men like that?

Pit the same NLI troops against your own troops with equal or even lesses support in a neutral position and theyd eat them alive.

It only provides the number of total men from our side including mujahideen fighters .. quoting indian sources,army and otherwise...

So if we had for the sake of the arguement 1700 men and many casualities due to enviormental factors,disease and prolonged stay on the glacier,no supplies and IAF and indian army division bombardment (and no shelter)... than how can the number be 4000 you claim?

4000 casualities out of total 1400 men? both indian numbers...

Do tell?

In anyway the indian casualities were much higher... even as per the report.. and since you quoted tiger hill... ironic how less than a few dozen soldiers defied indian military and airstrikes .. eating ration and sugar captured from indian troops,under manned,ill equipped,fighting nature and its elements without any supplies and pushing boulders on indian troops for over a month.... and still inflicting heavy losses on 3 indian regiments.... and later withdrawing.

Nope.

The source is US state department estimates archived in Unites States library of congress, which says Pakistani casualties(military and mujaheddin) were above 750, where as India casualties were 526.

P.S. - Just because your papaji was in army, you think of yourself as one of the "men" and dare to do look down upon me.
You have no idea, who I am.

Last edited:
Pretty foolish of you to talk about Kargil or Tiger Hill:

Total Pak deployment = 1700 (so much for the 5000000000000000 Pak casuality rate bragged by ---)

Unsuccessful raids by indian army-- heavy casualities inflicted by thinly (undermanned) deployed (NLI) soldiers.

NLI troops inflicted heavy casualities on 3 Indian regiments -- despite facing "thousands" of Indian troops ( Naga + Grenadiers + Sikh Regiments) + massive arty barrages (1200 rounds every 5 minutes) & air strikes.

NLI dominated Tiger Hill for months -- ill equipped,under manned (massively outnumbered and outgunned) low on ammo and food -- rolling down boulders on India troops entrenched on the base after failed raids.

NLI was armed with few MG-3s, 1x - 12.7 MG and limited RPGs. The total strength deployed on the hill was estimated to be less than 100 troops--- who remained on the hill continously for months-- without proper clothing and equipment -- exposed to elements --- in an altitude surviving weather itself was a miracle !

https://defence.pk/threads/kargil-w...-us-military-on-high-altitude-warfare.424823/
1 mard-e -momin = 10 Hindus.
Therefore total strength of NLI was 1700 * 10 = 17000.

sour grapes
If you Indian's don't lay off me, I will give you taste of 'sour grapes'. I will hire me own Gurkha's and sort you guy's out ! Let this be warning.

And for few dollars more I might even hire some of the baddest dudes about - Chechen warriors. So watch it, okay?

If you Indian's don't lay off me, I will give you taste of 'sour grapes'. I will hire me own Gurkha's and sort you guy's out ! Let this be warning.

And for few dollars more I might even hire some of the baddest dudes about - Chechen warriors. So watch it, okay?

A think tank-er should post in a manner which is easy to comprehend. Anyways, that's actually not the point. We are not living in medieval times.What is this all about hiring goons or whatever?

You are one of the elite ones here. At least post like one. Stop dreaming of riding a horse and invading India. This is 21st century. For your information, times have certainly changed abit.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom