What's new

Railway linking China, ASEAN becomes operational

Don't know why we need go through SE Asia. It would be better to go through Central Asia, then to Europe. Shorter route, more resources, plus no Vietcong barking every freaking minute. Plus, S Asia and Near East are not politically stable. Going through Central Asia would also help develop China's inner land.

Pan asia railway the target is that transport for china and japan. It can cross myanmar and lao connecting china,

We have plan to build railway conecting with Laos soon.

High-speed railway to link Laos, Vietnam
Asia News Network (Viet Nam News), Vientiane, Laos | World | Thu, November 08 2012, 3:05 PM
A- A A+
A high-speed railway connecting Laos and Viet Nam, the first of its kind, will soon enter its construction phase and is expected to be operational in the next five years.

The US$5 billion project will be funded by Malaysia's Giant Consolidated Limited group.

A signing ceremony for the construction contract was held in the Lao capital city of Vientiane on Monday in the presence of Lao Prime Minister Thongsing Thammavong and Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Tun Abdu Razak.

The high-speed railway spans 220 kilometers, running from the Lao central province of Savannakhet to the Lao Bao border gate of neighboring Vietnam.

The railway will be part of the Southeast Asian railway network, which when completed will ensure uninterrupted connectivity between Laos and nearby countries and the city of Kunming in Yunnan Province, southern China.

Sorry for my ignorance, is ASEAN rail gauge a standard one? I mean same as China.
If I´m correct, at present there is no single standard gauge for all, but ASEAN member states have different gauges. As for VN, we run different gauges, going to back to French colonial time.

Wiki:
"
The principal route is the thousand-mile single track North-South Railway line, running between Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City. This was built at the metre gauge in the 1880s during the French colonial rule. There are also standard gauge lines running from Hanoi to the People’s Republic of China, eventually leading to Beijing, and some mixed gauge in and around Hanoi."

220px-VietnamRailwayMap.png

This is a news from last year. I am checking if we have some latest developments.

US$21.4 billion to build North-South high-speed railway

9/18/2012 12:27:33 PM
VOV online

cao%20toc.jpg

Japan shinkansen

Vietnam should early complete the feasibility study into the North-South high-speed railway construction project and submit it to the National Assembly for approval in 2013.

The Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) made the proposal at a meeting with the Vietnam Railway Corporation (VRC) in Ho Chi Minh City on September 17.

JICA said Vietnam would rather start building the high-speed railway line, first on two sessions between Hanoi and Vinh (around 300km) and between HCM City and Nha Trang (around 370km) with an average speed of 300km/h at cost of US$21.4 billion.

Judging by the current railway system in Vietnam, JICA proposed increasing the number of trains from 32 to 50 and reducing traveling time from 28 hours to 25.4 hours. Cost for this sub-project is around US$1.8 billion.

If I´m correct, at present there is no single standard gauge for all, but ASEAN member states have different gauges. As for VN, we run different gauges, going to back to French colonial time.

Wiki:
"
The principal route is the thousand-mile single track North-South Railway line, running between Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City. This was built at the metre gauge in the 1880s during the French colonial rule. There are also standard gauge lines running from Hanoi to the People’s Republic of China, eventually leading to Beijing, and some mixed gauge in and around Hanoi."

220px-VietnamRailwayMap.png

This is a news from last year. I am checking if we have some latest developments.

US$21.4 billion to build North-South high-speed railway

9/18/2012 12:27:33 PM
VOV online

cao%20toc.jpg

Japan shinkansen

Vietnam should early complete the feasibility study into the North-South high-speed railway construction project and submit it to the National Assembly for approval in 2013.

The Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) made the proposal at a meeting with the Vietnam Railway Corporation (VRC) in Ho Chi Minh City on September 17.

JICA said Vietnam would rather start building the high-speed railway line, first on two sessions between Hanoi and Vinh (around 300km) and between HCM City and Nha Trang (around 370km) with an average speed of 300km/h at cost of US$21.4 billion.

Judging by the current railway system in Vietnam, JICA proposed increasing the number of trains from 32 to 50 and reducing traveling time from 28 hours to 25.4 hours. Cost for this sub-project is around US$1.8 billion.

US$21.4 billion.:omghaha:
Who pay for it?

He is a railway staff.

okay, i won't debate with you. but being a chinese and have went to so many cities in china ,i have never seen a railway staff in red hat except women staff in some HSR.

This type train is for Long-distance travel (China)
Old type (can enter from window):cheers:
428-130122095632.jpg
my friend , this one is a AC train. no entrance from the window. what you want is this one:cheers:
will be extinct in 2 or 3 years.
4667204.jpg

don't worry, in future economical benefits should decide, not a political weapons ! You can visit border gates Hekou to Kunming and Feng xang to Guang Xi, there is very busy.

Its only a dream.political decide economical .

This ODA project with soft Loan from Japan.

:omghaha:

2010年、日本の政府開発援助(ODA)の支出純額は110億2,098万ドルで世界第5位、
支出総額は188億2,818万ドルで世界第2位の実績でした。

it only 1 billion per year :omghaha:

http://www.mofa.go.jp/mofaj/gaiko/oda/shiryo/kuni/10_databook/pdfs/01-07.pdf

Russia-Japan or even US. Stronger VN will stop China's expansion to the fertile and resources rich land in the South, so Russia-US can keep bullying China for good :P

US$21.4 billion
Russia-Japan :omghaha:
They are not your wallet

US$21.4 billion
Russia-Japan :omghaha:
They are not your wallet
Money is not really a problem here as Japan offers loan/ODA. You may know Japan finances half of the current state budget by simly printing Yen. Weaking the Yen, that is one of the key policies of Mr Abe. So if you see the picture at this angle, you can understand why the Japanese want to push the project. :D

As far as I know, the proposal of highspeed train is now under discussion within the government. If it says OK, the proposal will be forwarded to the National Assembly for final approval. The main concern on Vietnamese side is the cost outweighs the benefit.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom