What's new

Rage: The emotion an Indian experiences on a visit to China

I am sure most of us have not visited china and therefore have no idea about it.
We need to come our from self denial and egoism. China is an example for all developing nation.
I have been many place in china and trust me even their small cities are far better than our best one.
I am ready to sacrifice my freedom to some extent like china, if most of the people in my country get better life in return. Honestly we are simply abusing our freedom and its doing more harm then good to our nation.
I am not here to comment about there foreign policy but i love and admire Chinese people and their hot pot.

I agree , we have become the other extreme - an example on the ill effects of democracy without self moderation.

As regards the Hot Pot - I think Chinese food tastes better in India ! I like the dumplings though with Tsing Tao Beer.

I agree , we have become the other extreme - an example on the ill effects of democracy without self moderation.

As regards the Hot Pot - I think Chinese food tastes better in India ! I like the dumplings though with Tsing Tao Beer.

are you serious? indian food tastes much better in India than from London or China or any European countries I have been to``the same goes for Chinese food in China``its like a heaven of gustatory sensation``!

maybe you are not use to Chinese food than

China treat their people better..:rofl: That's straight out of your a@@ I suppose? The Chinese are one of the most repressive regimes on the earth and the reason why west is turning a blind eye is just because their cheap junk is keeping the western economies afloat. Even the Middle Eastern countries are better when it comes to Civil liberties. As for India, food and items of daily necessity are dirt cheap, so money goes far. Even our top government officials don't get more than 2000 $ per month, but in that amount you can live like a king in India. So the poor are not the wretched and destitute that you imagine them to be.

Its no use even if we tried our best trying to explain things to you. It's because you want to believe what you want to believe. All you need to do is, travel to China and see it for yourself, first hand.

Its no use even if we tried our best trying to explain things to you. It's because you want to believe what you want to believe. All you need to do is, travel to China and see it for yourself, first hand.

I really doubt he will, ignorant people choose to be ignorant and inferior complex

We generally get Chinese food in India in indianised version to cater our taste.
I wish our leaders should visit and see the china's growth with open eye and heart.
Cheers for our neighbour.

when old housing flats are bulldozed in China, the typical response is some form of compensation for the residents, not bullets or jailing. According to a NYU survey a few years ago, over 99% of all redevelopment projects in China had no state violence whatsoever. Of the remaining incidents, most of the "bullying" came from the aggrieved residents' neighbors, who could not be paid their share of the redevelopment compensation without the entire neighborhood packing their bags and moving together.

Also, the idea that shooting people/being brutal = straight pavements lined with trees is a false assertion. Imposing totalitarianism for the sake of development gets you Pyongyang, not Shanghai or Seoul. The trick is not brutal governance but creating a well-balanced mix of incentives for local politicians to better their constituents' welfare, and then stepping back and empowering your local leaders to be creative.

What Deng Xiaoping realized (from being a political commissar to a corps of peasant guerrillas and later being sent to the countryside during the Cultural Revolution) was that 95% of the time, the local authorities are the ones who deliver the "goods and services" a government ought to provide. Ergo, when he took power, that was the path he pushed China down - he turned the Organization Department into an engine of evaluating and promoting local officials that did well, the CDIC into an engine that persecuted local officials that did poorly, the various ministries into tools to help local officials accomplish their plans, and the Party Center/Military into a referee of the whole game, to make sure it was played fairly. The rest is history.

What India ought to emulate from China is not one-party rule or a restriction of democracy; it is imposing clear risk/reward mechanisms to shape the behavior of local political leaders while simultaneously lifting restrictions on their behavior. This can be done in the context of a democracy; indeed, it should be nominally easier to accomplish this in a democracy that respects and values diversity rather than a Leninist party-state system that still has strong instincts to centralize power for itself.

What I don't understand is why India, for the past 60 years, has fought all these centrifugal forces head-on, when instead, it ought to be using them to build itself up.

are you serious? indian food tastes much better in India than from London or China or any European countries I have been to``the same goes for Chinese food in China``its like a heaven of gustatory sensation``!

The spices. In India, be it Chinese or Italian, everything is cooked Indian style.

I am used to chinese food but not Chinese food cooked in China.

Being Asian the palate is spicy. Chinese food in India is ' Indianised" for Indians .;)

The chinese style of cooking food I find is by far the healthiest.

I am used to chinese food but not Chinese food cooked in China.

Being Asian the palate is spicy. Chinese food in India is ' Indianised" for Indians .;)

The chinese style of cooking food I find is by for the healthiest.

I feel the same. Everything that I loved in India, feels so tasteless and blend here.

when old housing flats are bulldozed in China, the typical response is some form of compensation for the residents, not bullets or jailing. According to a NYU survey a few years ago, over 99% of all redevelopment projects in China had no state violence whatsoever. Of the remaining incidents, most of the "bullying" came from the aggrieved residents' neighbors, who could not be paid their share of the redevelopment compensation without the entire neighborhood packing their bags and moving together.

Also, the idea that shooting people/being brutal = straight pavements lined with trees is a false assertion. Imposing totalitarianism for the sake of development gets you Pyongyang, not Shanghai or Seoul. The trick is not brutal governance but creating a well-balanced mix of incentives for local politicians to better their constituents' welfare, and then stepping back and empowering your local leaders to be creative.

What Deng Xiaoping realized (from being a political commissar to a corps of peasant guerrillas and later being sent to the countryside during the Cultural Revolution) was that 95% of the time, the local authorities are the ones who deliver the "goods and services" a government ought to provide. Ergo, when he took power, that was the path he pushed China down - he turned the Organization Department into an engine of evaluating and promoting local officials that did well, the CDIC into an engine that persecuted local officials that did poorly, the various ministries into tools to help local officials accomplish their plans, and the Party Center/Military into a referee of the whole game, to make sure it was played fairly. The rest is history.

What India ought to emulate from China is not one-party rule or a restriction of democracy; it is imposing clear risk/reward mechanisms to shape the behavior of local political leaders while simultaneously lifting restrictions on their behavior. This can be done in the context of a democracy; indeed, it should be nominally easier to accomplish this in a democracy that respects and values diversity rather than a Leninist party-state system that still has strong instincts to centralize power for itself.

What I don't understand is why India, for the past 60 years, has fought all these centrifugal forces head-on, when instead, it ought to be using them to build itself up.

My personal experience with housing demolition and redevelopment in China was when I was doing a documentary in Shanghai. I was in fact a documentary about protection of old monument and somehow my team and I ended up in a demonstration. A bunch of former residents were shouting angrily with a dozen police standing around. We filmed the whole incident and some of the protestors came to us and told us of their grievance.

They were angry because some former residents were more patient and negotiated longer and harder for a better compensation. Somehow that got leaked out and the residents who moved out early found themselves being disadvantaged and they wanted to get the same amount of money as well. Well, even here in Germany, we would call that bad luck. The government obviously didn't point a gun against their head to make them sign the compensation contract.

Back
Top Bottom