What's new

Rage: The emotion an Indian experiences on a visit to China

Absent food, proper clothing, education, sanitation, healthcare & Hygiene. That's what I like about the Chinese they put emphasis on social enlightenment.

Rather than "Freedom"

Enlightenment..You even know what that means? Of course I must assume that if you put people in a prison where all expression is banned but give them a bit of food and clothing, they will surely come out most enlightened. And who said Indian people dont have all the above luxuries you listed?

The article is very enlightening. It is a fair comparison of the real current scenario between India and China. Perhaps it can be attributed to the difference between a state executive which is limited in size and which has far reaching powers compared to an executive which is broad based, answerable to everybody who lives in the nation and prone to corruption due to its limited terms for service of office. The advantages and disadvantages are endless in both systems.

I had been to Shandong Xinhua about a month ago and let me tell you, the article is reflecting just the same what I have experienced.

Dear @Chinese-Dragon, waiters at the hotel called me Yindoo when they were discussing amongst themselves... Do they know us by yindoo rather than Indian????

Yes, we do call Indians as "Yin Du Ren". Yin Du = India, Ren = People.
In some cases Yin Du can also be associated with "Hindu"

Give credit where due. The article is true 100%, reflecting the current standing of the two totally different countries. Not only China, but all Southeast Asian countries are cleaner and more socially developed than our country. I travel a lot and I have first hand experience of human development and behavior. They even respect the poorest, the beggars, talk and behave kindly with them, We have people with such traits in minority here. But I guess, these traits, behavior comes only with filled stomach. We can think of improving quality of life only when we are no more worried about empty stomachs. Only branches bearing fruits bends more

Give credit where due. The article is true 100%, reflecting the current standing of the two totally different countries. Not only China, but all Southeast Asian countries are cleaner and more socially developed than our country. I travel a lot and I have first hand experience of human development and behavior. They even respect the poorest, the beggars, talk and behave kindly with them, We have people with such traits in minority here. But I guess, these traits, behavior comes only with filled stomach. We can think of improving quality of life only when we are no more worried about empty stomachs. Only branches bearing fruits bends more

That is not the issue. The issue is that a most superficial handling of the complex issues involved has been made and we are supposed to lump it because a great naval chief has published his learned pronouncements in the impeccable Hindu newspaper.

Can't Agree More!!

In terms of Infrastructure development we really sucks!, Our leaders just don't have vision.

Can't Agree More!!

In terms of Infrastructure development we really sucks!, Our leaders just don't have vision.
What about people resorting to protests sometimes very violent to obstruct any planned infrastructure project.

What about people resorting to protests sometimes very violent to obstruct any planned infrastructure project.

That's true. I've read in an article somewhere that the Temples and Mosques are two of the hindrances to infrastructure development in India. You need to work on that.

the article truely describes the current socio-economic differences between the two neighbours.

But i hope that with the development of overall economy, constant n steadily a lot of differences can be brought down if not totally removed.:agree:

That's true. I've read in an article somewhere that the Temples and Mosques are two of the hindrances to infrastructure development in India. You need to work on that.

Things r changing now although not at the required pace.

Narendra Modi has demolished or shifted over 200 illegal temples in only one city itself i.e. Gandhinagar.

Lets hope he becomes the PM in upcoming elections in 2014.:)

Enlightenment..You even know what that means? Of course I must assume that if you put people in a prison where all expression is banned but give them a bit of food and clothing, they will surely come out most enlightened. And who said Indian people dont have all the above luxuries you listed?

Of course. I read up on MLK and his Idea of Social Enlightenment. "Enlightenment" can mean many things. That's easy for you to say, because you can access the internet the I can make guesses that you're probably belong to the middle-class. What about the people below you. Do they have the same access to the luxury you enjoy? India is home to 1/3 of the world poor, appalling hygiene & leader at below 5 mortality rate. China may beat you up for saying something controversial, but at least they treat their citizens better. Rather than mouthing off "Freedom & Democracy" while the vast majority remains living below the poverty line.

I am sure most of us have not visited china and therefore have no idea about it.
We need to come our from self denial and egoism. China is an example for all developing nation.
I have been many place in china and trust me even their small cities are far better than our best one.
I am ready to sacrifice my freedom to some extent like china, if most of the people in my country get better life in return. Honestly we are simply abusing our freedom and its doing more harm then good to our nation.
I am not here to comment about there foreign policy but i love and admire Chinese people and their hot pot.

China treat their people better..:rofl: That's straight out of your a@@ I suppose? The Chinese are one of the most repressive regimes on the earth and the reason why west is turning a blind eye is just because their cheap junk is keeping the western economies afloat. Even the Middle Eastern countries are better when it comes to Civil liberties. As for India, food and items of daily necessity are dirt cheap, so money goes far. Even our top government officials don't get more than 2000 $ per month, but in that amount you can live like a king in India. So the poor are not the wretched and destitute that you imagine them to be.

what a brainwashed tool```lol

every time I been to india saw people being treated as cheap dirt by government, don't even mention the social rights for women and low caste Indians, extremely rich Indians and politicians can get away with anything they do, r@ping, killing and corruption

but in china a photo of an official driving a luxury car or wears expensive stuff will lead them to investigation and worse to prosecution``

I guess inferior complex and ignorant Indians would have zero idea of the fact that ordinary Chinese have way more real freedom than the feudal society Indians

China treat their people better..:rofl: That's straight out of your a@@ I suppose? The Chinese are one of the most repressive regimes on the earth and the reason why west is turning a blind eye is just because their cheap junk is keeping the western economies afloat. Even the Middle Eastern countries are better when it comes to Civil liberties. As for India, food and items of daily necessity are dirt cheap, so money goes far. Even our top government officials don't get more than 2000 $ per month, but in that amount you can live like a king in India. So the poor are not the wretched and destitute that you imagine them to be.

How many times have you been to china or in your language , everything you are saying is straight out of your a@@ i suppose .

Back
Top Bottom