What's new

RAFALE'S MINI ENCYLOPEDIA FOR IT'S FANBOYZ

Air&Cosmos 2369:

e0b9.jpg

KH-31P/PD on Rafale ?

Page 19; Russian industrial reveal that, at the request of India, negotiations are underway to integrate on Rafale the KH-31P/PD anti-radar missile (AS-17 Krypton).
The estimated cost is $36.8 million and the integration could be done in 2014/2015. The KH31 is in competition with the AGM 88 Harm and would be chosen if Washington rejects the integration of the latter on Rafale.

pi3j.jpg

COURTESY-OLYBRIUS
THANK U FOR THE INFO MATE

Kh-31P Krypton

Type: Supersonic Anti-Radiation Missile (ARM)
Range: 110km
Max speed: Mach 3.5 to Mach 4
Designed by: Tactical Missiles Corp. JSC

Unit cost: $550,000 for the original Kh-31

Air fan 415, june 2013:

k5pa.jpg

10 pages devoted to Rafale and CEAM (center of military aerial experimentation). Sum up (don't have the courage to scan):

CEAM has completed testing of Rafale F3.3 and F3.3' and is currently testing the new electronic antenna:

Standard F3.3
- Improved L16: better fluidity, targets transmitted are directly integrated into the weapon system. Each new Rafale standard will bring L16 improvements.
- Improved firing control for GBU 22/24.
- MMI improvements.
- Bugs fixed (F3.3')

Others improvements tested:
- Integration of ITT4949 Leaky Green (nightvision binoculars)
- Reco-ng v6 for better reliability.

Deliveries :
- 13 F1 (2 B and 1 C are still used for tests and developments , 10 being upgraded to F3)
- 48 F2 (now upgraded to F3)
- 59 F3 (the last one was C144 delivered in May)
- 60 F3-04T [only C137 and B339 have been delivered to date]

AESA:
- Daily tests since October 2012
- Spectacular gains: detection range doubled, wider field of scanning, increased resistance to jamming and decoy systems.
- Same interface for the crew (same symbology).
- The exact number is classified but production RBE2 AESA have more than 1000 modules.
- Perfect reliability (no failure in 6 months of intense testing)
- The replacement of the passive antenna takes two hours, without tests and without software modifications.
- 6 Rafale AESA will be delivered in 2013, a package of 4 aircraft will go to EC 1/7 Provence, 2 other devices will end tests.
- AESA Rafale and PESA Rafale will work in cooperation , AESA Rafale working as a mini AWACS by transferring targets via L16.
- New air/air configuration requested : 8 MICA or 6 MICA/2 METEOR or 4 MICA/4 METEOR

Roadmap:
- F3R standard, planned for 2018, is under developement
- Dassault is planning a mid-life renovation in the 2020s and a Rafale NG from 2030:
Mid-life renovation: new weapons, improvement of passive sensors and radar, densification of data exchanges (tactical data, images, videos). Improved discretion. Interaction with UCAVs...
Rafale NG: New design, reduced RCS, reduced drag. 9T engines. Sensors integrated into the fuselage. DIRCM laser turrets to blind incoming infrared missiles...

COURTESY-OLYBRIUS

Air&Cosmos 2369:

e0b9.jpg

KH-31P/PD on Rafale ?

Page 19; Russian industrial reveal that, at the request of India, negotiations are underway to integrate on Rafale the KH-31P/PD anti-radar missile (AS-17 Krypton).
The estimated cost is $36.8 million and the integration could be done in 2014/2015. The KH31 is in competition with the AGM 88 Harm and would be chosen if Washington rejects the integration of the latter on Rafale.

pi3j.jpg

COURTESY-OLYBRIUS

Just sign the bloody deal!!!

Look like you too lost faith in "very soon" ;)
Lets hope it doesnt get itself blocked in election code of conduct.

Not lost in this deal being signed soon faith but "patience" certainly. With so many conflicting reports coming out, some highly credible people saying Sept/Oct 2013, some other saying by the end of this calender year then others saying by the end of this fiscal year and some others saying not in this fiscal at all. I just don't know what to think/hope for anymore.

Not lost in this deal being signed soon faith but "patience" certainly. With so many conflicting reports coming out, some highly credible people saying Sept/Oct 2013, some other saying by the end of this calender year then others saying by the end of this fiscal year and some others saying not in this fiscal at all. I just don't know what to think/hope for anymore.

I can tell you one thing for sure if it goes beyond Dec,2013 then it is not going to happen before May,2014.
Election code of conduct and formation of new GOI

I can tell you one thing for sure if it goes beyond Dec,2013 then it is not going to happen before May,2014.
Election code of conduct and formation of new GOI

I had believed this too but after speaking to some members, they seem to think that this particualr deal would still be able to pass through even under the code of conduct for the GEs. But I'm still hoping the deal is signed way way before that (next 3-5 months)

I had believed this too but after speaking to some members, they seem to think that this particualr deal would still be able to pass through even under the code of conduct for the GEs. But I'm still hoping the deal is signed way way before that (next 3-5 months)

No it wont be. I am certainly in a position to tell you that for sure.
But I think even French company know that too. So they will better wrap it up before Oct,2013

No it wont be. I am certainly in a position to tell you that for sure.
But I think even French company know that too. So they will better wrap it up before Oct,2013

Well the delays are to do with the Indian side more than anything else AFAIK my friend told me it was due to the ministry of Finance's through vetting procedures of the vendor and the MHA's security clearance acceptance process. These thigns are drawing to a close now so................. let's pray!!

Well the delays are to do with the Indian side more than anything else AFAIK my friend told me it was due to the ministry of Finance's through vetting procedures of the vendor and the MHA's security clearance acceptance process. These thigns are drawing to a close now so................. let's pray!!

Thats surprising !!!
My info is that dispute is on the cost of TOT and French are playing very hard ball. On other hand our side was very liberal till everybody start to think Dassault is taking undue advantage of our hurry !!!

KOREAN EVALUATION REPORT KFX

Korea-2-1.jpg

The fighter was reported to have earned good reviews from
Korean pilots who had test flown the aircraft as a means to
evaluate whether it meets Air Force operational requirements.
Korean Air Force pilots regarded the Rafale as a highly
maneuverable piece of hardware, making it a pilots dream

COURTESY-MARC SAMPAIX

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom