What's new

Rafale Vs Su-30 MKi

Who said that I disagree to that? I never said that AESA or the RBE 2 wouldn't have advantages, I just disagree to your faulty logic that on the on side makes BARS completely outdated because it is a PESA, while you see IRBIS-E as equal although it is a PESA too. You are concluding things based on theories, without trying to understand what that actually means in real terms. What does the lack of LPI mode for example change for the IRBIS E? Nothing! Because, the enemy fighter would need to be able to detect signals of the IRBIS-E from more than 300Km distance to have an advantage.
So AESA surely is the better tech in general, but that doesn't mean a small, fixed RBE 2 is automatically superior to BARS or IRBIS-E to all accounts and that's what you are missing, just like you missed a lot in your other conclusions too.

Just tell me one thing mate.

Whats the peak power output of irbis e and bars?

That will answer ur question on why is irbis e a generation ahead of bars pesa.

20KW of Ibrs-E And RBE2AA assuming 1000 TRMs(863)Actual that would mean a stunning Average 8-10kW for the RBE2AA as peak power which would translate in a TRM output of 10 Kw each.Peak power for F-22 Raptor An/Apg 77 is 12 KW With 1500 TRMs

Last edited:
20KW of Ibrs-E And RBE2AA assuming 1000 TRMs(863)Actual that would mean a stunning Average 8-10kW for the RBE2AA as peak power which would translate in a TRM output of 10 Kw each.Peak power for F-22 Raptor An/Apg 77 is 12 KW With 1500 TRMs

I knew that.
The question was for sancho and he knows it too.

Bars has a peak power of 8 kw and average will be 3-4kw.
even irbis e with 18 kw has average power of just 5 kw only

Lol, first the range advantage made AESA superior, as that didn't worked it was the tech itself and when I showed how you contradict yourself, it's now the power that makes BARS bab and even a full generation behind. :rolleyes:

I feel Sir @he-man is the biggest Indian troll on PDF. Although I have liked few of his posts, he is like 99% of the time trolling. :)
@sancho

Lol, first the range advantage made AESA superior, as that didn't worked it was the tech itself and when I showed how you contradict yourself, it's now the power that makes BARS bab and even a full generation behind. :rolleyes:
Point of comparison was bars and rbe2aa

And not bars and irbis-e and its already established that it beats bars both in range and tech(obviously)

Its u who is insisting on making a comparison,ppl already know what bars is.it was good 10 years back,not anymore.

And go to tikhomirov niip site to check the specs of irbis e vs bars.

It is indeed way superior to bars,again if u want to lie to the facts then be my guest dude.

After all its a free country:rolleyes:

I feel Sir @he-man is the biggest Indian troll on PDF. Although I have liked few of his posts, he is like 99% of the time trolling. :)
@sancho

Ya man u are totally right here.

Anyone who speaks the truth here is trolling only.

Let me tell u something.
Why don't u research the above topic and give us ur expert non troll views?

Ya man u are totally right here.

Anyone who speaks the truth here is trolling only.

Let me tell u something.
Why don't u research the above topic and give us ur expert non troll views?
Sir, I keep my mouth shut if I don't know of something and I know I offended you, sorry about that.

My comment is not specific to the discussion you are having.

Point of comparison was bars and rbe2aa

Wrong, you said that PESA is automatically inferior to AESA, which was the first wrong claim. Just that the RBE 2 has more range, which still needs to be seen (only if it has improved 100% in detection) and might only be in head on engagements. Then YOU brought up the IRBIS E and even there you claimed wrong things. So don't blame me for correcting your claims.

Wrong, you said that PESA is automatically inferior to AESA, which was the first wrong claim. Just that the RBE 2 has more range, which still needs to be seen (only if it has improved 100% in detection) and might only be in head on engagements. Then YOU brought up the IRBIS E and even there you claimed wrong things. So don't blame me for correcting your claims.

It's totally futile boss.

Indeed it is inferior to an aesa.

U have a doubt on that too?
:eek::eek::eek:

i think fighting is equivalent between two fighters so it will appear here the skill of the pilot......

Mki looses badly in

Radar-old n011 m bars pesa with peak power of just 8 kw vs rbe2 aa aesa.

Pesa lacks the lpi mode and is inferior to an aesa.thats how it goes.

If its between irbis e of su-35 with 400 km detection range for 5 m2,90 km for .01 m2 with peak power of 18 kw then it could be even

But rbe2 aa aesa>>n011 m bars pesa by a long shot

Irst-rafale's has a range of 140 km plus compared to about 90 km for best russian irst used in su-35(ols-35)

I couldn't get range of ols-30 of mki but rest assured its worse than ols-35
So here again rafale wins

Passive detection-mki has nothing like spectra

Engines-m88 of rafales have wet thrust of just 75 kn but it a fadec with high tbo

Al-31f is a useless soviet era turbofan without even a fadec and total life of just 2000 hours.

Useful load-about 8 tonnes for both but rafale requires drop tanks as the internal fuel is less.

Rcs-mki has at least 7-10 m2 compared to 1-3 m2 of rafale so its a no brainer.

All in all rafale>>>mki
There is 0 competition

i have a question for you please...
when india requested su-30........it was so difficult for russia to put AESA radar in it... answer is NO
so PESA radar has uses and AESA has uses.....
i think PESA radar increase range and AESA radar gives more stealthy
by the way russia put Irbis-E PESA radar for its original version of SU-35
So not in all cases AESA radar can defeat PESA it comes here the role of tactics
PLEASE correct my information if it is wrong??:-)

Back
Top Bottom