What's new

Rafale vs. F-16 ۔ The real comparison is between the capabilities of the Pakistan air force and Indian air force

Good article to keep PAF/Nation moral high however there are some points require further explanation.

1-PAF F16 radar range and anti jamming capability against Rafale.
2-Meteor and AIM 120 comparison.
3-Defensive capabilities of both jets.

Hope you shall further elaborate these points.

Will any friend with technical knowledge of aerial missile technology guide please ?

yup like french army in WW2.... a speed bump for the german army
Rafale has very low RCS. Even before f 16 can see it, it will be scanned with AESA and meteor would have reached the target. poor F 16 pilot would not know what happened.

i recall you people made similar claims about Su-30

oh well..

we will have wait for the next air battle to see how badly mauled IAF gets

yup like french army in WW2.... a speed bump for the german army

i recall you people made similar claims about Su-30

oh well..

we will have wait for the next air battle to see how badly mauled IAF gets

As per available data certainly Rafale may locate F16 however the Meteor max range is 100 KM and never escape zone is about 60 KM meanwhile the range of AIM120 c5 is about 105 Km so in case of engagement the first shoot capability advantage looks to be equal for both jets. However due to AESA radar anti jamming capabilities it shall be difficult to jam it our limit it's range. On other hand PAF F16s have in near past got upgrades from Turkey which have brought their capabilities almost equal to block 52 minus CFTs. The contest between two marvelous jets shall be interesting considering Meteor effectiveness against counter measures of F16s.

The only F16s not upgraded so far are perhaps which were bought from Jordan, if some one can share their capabilities it shall be of much worth.

As per available data certainly Rafale may locate F16 however the Meteor max range is 100 KM and never escape zone is about 60 KM meanwhile the range of AIM120 c5 is about 105 Km so in case of engagement the first shoot capability advantage looks to be equal for both jets. However due to AESA radar anti jamming capabilities it shall be difficult to jam it our limit it's range. On other hand PAF F16s have in near past got upgrades from Turkey which have brought their capabilities almost equal to block 52 minus CFTs. The contest between two marvelous jets shall be interesting considering Meteor effectiveness against counter measures of F16s.

The only F16s not upgraded so far are perhaps which were bought from Jordan, if some one can share their capabilities it shall be of much worth.

the point is what ever india gets Pakistan is somehow always able to off set it...

the problem with indians they have like knowledge and understanding and think they have got a "edge" and hence "win"

besides it just not fighter to fighter there are other systems in play

Rafale has very low RCS. Even before f 16 can see it, it will be scanned with AESA and meteor would have reached the target. poor F 16 pilot would not know what happened.
We have seen these statements many a times for your asian raptor MKI. Now you are worshipping Rafael.

We have seen these statements many a times for your asian raptor MKI. Now you are worshipping Rafael.

MKI don't have low RCS. it is a very high RCS plane. I don't know who told that MKI has very low RCS and it can see F16 before F16 can see MKI.

MKI don't have low RCS. it is a very high RCS plane. I don't know who told that MKI has very low RCS and it can see F16 before F16 can see MKI.

Your logic is inverted... let me fix that for you.

"MKI don't have low RCS. it is a very high RCS plane. I don't know who told that MKI has very low RCS, F16 can see MKI before MKI can see F16 due to lower RCS of F16 ....

done ...

Your logic is inverted... let me fix that for you.

"MKI don't have low RCS. it is a very high RCS plane. I don't know who told that MKI has very low RCS, F16 can see MKI before MKI can see F16 due to lower RCS of F16 ....

done ...

Do you have any reading issue? I said that MKI is not a low RCS plane. You said same thing yet fixed my sentence.

I am not talking about RCS of MKI. I wrote that, in past, you people used same claims that MKI can detect F-16s from hundreds of kilometers away and will fire a volly of BVR missiles and F-16s will have no change and etc. Even some of your genius country men did claim that even Mig-21 is enough for F-16. But reality was quite opposite of your claims in past and will be not true in future as well. Air War is not measured or happens as majority of members claims on PDF including you. Now dont say again please, that your Abhi shot down F-16 on 27th Feb last year as this is as bogus claim as your other claims that we released Abhi due to fear of Indian attack or fear of Brahmos attack.

I am not talking about RCS of MKI. I wrote that, in past, you people used same claims that MKI can detect F-16s from hundreds of kilometers away and will fire a volly of BVR missiles and F-16s will have no change and etc. Even some of your genius country men did claim that even Mig-21 is enough for F-16. But reality was quite opposite of your claims in past and will be not true in future as well. Air War is not measured or happens as majority of members claims on PDF including you. Now dont say again please, that your Abhi shot down F-16 on 27th Feb last year as this is as bogus claim as your other claims that we released Abhi due to fear of Indian attack or fear of Brahmos attack.

RCS of MKI is Higher than that of F 16 but its powerful radar can detect F 16 from a long distance and fire the missile if Missile has sufficient range. Radar is powerful but missile range is limited. Integrating a long range missile can solve the issue.

its always about the quality of air force personals not about F 16, JF 17 or rafales.

The real comparison of Pakistan F 16 should be with Mirage 2000 of India before upgrade. Now Mirage 2000 is a much better plane with much better electronics and EW.
Yet india spent 9b$ on rafale
Why not just buy used mirages from around the world..

Oh you mean rafale are for china j20..okay okay

so then is modi mad that he said rafale hutay tu kaam chal jata

Mirage 2000 have worse equipment then block2
Simply because french didnt want india to have
A potent upgrade
Meteor "No Escape Zone" is 3 times that of the AIM-120C7.

PAF has absolutely nothing that can stand up to Rafale.

PAF would be decimated by IAF Rafales within a few weeks of air combat. You need JF-17 Block 3 as quick as possible.
Yes we need a solution to meteor long range
That is either aim120d or pl-15
But thats about it...rafale isnt a fifth gen fighter..my guess is given americans experience with aesa radars the block 70 radar will be superior to rafale

Last edited:
Everybody starts from somewhere. Its easy to judge than to encourage.

How can I encourage when the author failed to learn before articulating? The comparison would have been welcome from someone who has experience on both Jets. I have read about the capabilities of SPECTRA suite on RAFALE which makes it virtually stealth and is considered the ace up the sleeve of a RAFALE pilot. I am well aware of the capabilities of the Mirage Jets which our pilots claim to be on par their counterpart F-16's and so I consider RAFALE to be superior to the F-16's any day.

The difference in Feb last year was the AIM120-C5 which will be outgunned by the new French BVR Missile unless PL-15 outguns and outperforms it. Even then, if RAFALE's EW suite is half as capable as it is vaunted to be then it will still be a different game altogether......I mean trying to shoot down a Jet which is simply not visible on your radar.

Which F 16 model is compared to Rafale should be mentioned. F 16 is a very old plane and exist in Many blocks with warried capabilities.

Back
Top Bottom