What's new

Rafale-MMRCA aircraft selection under probe

Congress raises question over buying of Rafale aircraft by Modi govt
Last Updated: Friday, May 6, 2016 - 22:50

New Delhi: Amid the storm over the AgustaWestland chopper deal, Congress today raised questions over buying of Rafale fighter aircraft by the Narendra Modi dispensation.

"Which Defence Procurement Procedure permits a Prime Minister to go and buy fighter aircraft from a private company without tendering process on Off-the-Shelf Basis leading to expenditure of Billion Dollars?", party's chief spokesman Randeep Surjewala asked while talking to reporters.

Raising a number of questions over the deal, he wondered whether is it sovereign right of the Prime Minister over exchequer's money?

"If there is no sovereign right that a Prime Minister has, can a Prime Minister tomorrow decide that he will spend 'X' amount of Billion Dollars of exchequer's money on Off-the-Shelf purchase of the Fighter Aircraft, the answer is clearly 'No'.", he said.

So, the Defence Procurement Procedure post independence, if ever has been negated, "thrown in the dust-bin and violated with impunity," it is in case of purchase of Off-the-Shelf Rafele Aircraft by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, he claimed.

Besides, he recalled that a global tender was held by Government and two companies had qualified Dassault Aviation of France which manufactures Rafele and the other Company which makes Euro Fighter.

In such a scenario, "if you had to make Off-the-Shelf purchase, should an equivalent offer had not been made to both the companies, so that we could have got the best price possible," he said.

PTI

First Published: Friday, May 6, 2016 - 22:50

The Congress has lost Any and ALL moral right to ask questions on corruption.

No one in India will take their charges seriously. Especially against Modi.

That is why they will have to stick to asking for Modi's college degrees :P

More than 90%+ of Norwegians and Swedes are atheists (official atheists). From where does Norwegian Church get its funds? Norwegian Royal family?

Ask him to support his assertion or don't take it at face value, let alone as factual.

Honestly, I've never even heard this before and reading his post, I was like:o::what::undecided:.

I suspect someone's pulling "facts" out their a**:disagree:.

Of course he mentioned RAW too, so me questioning the validity of his views probably signals I'm with E-tjenesten:partay:.

Which I am:woot:.

Last edited:
Ask him to support his assertion or don't take it at face value, let alone as factual.

Honestly, I've never even heard this before and reading his post, I was like:o::what::undecided:.

I suspect someone's pulling "facts" out their a**:disagree:.

Of course he mentioned RAW too, so me questioning the validity of his views probably signals I'm with E-tjenesten:partay:.

Which I am:woot:.

Why don't you ask me yourself ?

The role of the Evangelical Lutheran Free Church of Norway in meddling with the North East India is quite well known. The rest of the world do not share your ignorance.

Their role in Nagaland in converting Tribals into christians and fanning the separatist movement is well known in this part of the world.

It is currently active in the border state of Arunachal Pradesh and the conversion of Tribals has increased the percentage of christians from 1% in 1971 to 30% in 2011.

This has resulted in schism in the society and society is being split increasingly split along religious rather than tribal lines. In its capital city residential neighborhoods, most households identify themselves with religious markers — a star lantern for Christians, and a white flag with a red sun, for animists.

This in a society that was always peaceful and united.

Almost All separatist movements in the north east have their roots in Christianity. Norway being one of the perpetrators.

Norway then used the chuch to get involved in Sri Lanak and with the LTTE. Norway called for legitimising LTTE while they were involved in terror attacks.

It must be a shock to come out of your bubble and face the real world.

Norway then used the chuch to get involved in Sri Lanak and with the LTTE. Norway called for legitimising LTTE while they were involved in terror attacks.
This thread has a topic, follow that topic and stop derailing it.... Give proof or your opinion on this topic...
@Freyja sometimes ignoring is the best option....

Congress raises question over buying of Rafale aircraft by Modi govt
Last Updated: Friday, May 6, 2016 - 22:50

New Delhi: Amid the storm over the AgustaWestland chopper deal, Congress today raised questions over buying of Rafale fighter aircraft by the Narendra Modi dispensation.

"Which Defence Procurement Procedure permits a Prime Minister to go and buy fighter aircraft from a private company without tendering process on Off-the-Shelf Basis leading to expenditure of Billion Dollars?", party's chief spokesman Randeep Surjewala asked while talking to reporters.

Raising a number of questions over the deal, he wondered whether is it sovereign right of the Prime Minister over exchequer's money?

"If there is no sovereign right that a Prime Minister has, can a Prime Minister tomorrow decide that he will spend 'X' amount of Billion Dollars of exchequer's money on Off-the-Shelf purchase of the Fighter Aircraft, the answer is clearly 'No'.", he said.

So, the Defence Procurement Procedure post independence, if ever has been negated, "thrown in the dust-bin and violated with impunity," it is in case of purchase of Off-the-Shelf Rafele Aircraft by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, he claimed.

Besides, he recalled that a global tender was held by Government and two companies had qualified Dassault Aviation of France which manufactures Rafele and the other Company which makes Euro Fighter.

In such a scenario, "if you had to make Off-the-Shelf purchase, should an equivalent offer had not been made to both the companies, so that we could have got the best price possible," he said.

PTI

First Published: Friday, May 6, 2016 - 22:50

http://zeenews.india.com/news/india...-of-rafale-aircraft-by-modi-govt_1882845.html

How India purchased so many Russian stuff?

Why don't you ask me yourself ?

The role of the Evangelical Lutheran Free Church of Norway in meddling with the North East India is quite well known. The rest of the world do not share your ignorance.

Their role in Nagaland in converting Tribals into christians and fanning the separatist movement is well known in this part of the world.

It is currently active in the border state of Arunachal Pradesh and the conversion of Tribals has increased the percentage of christians from 1% in 1971 to 30% in 2011.

This has resulted in schism in the society and society is being split increasingly split along religious rather than tribal lines. In its capital city residential neighborhoods, most households identify themselves with religious markers — a star lantern for Christians, and a white flag with a red sun, for animists.

This in a society that was always peaceful and united.

Almost All separatist movements in the north east have their roots in Christianity. Norway being one of the perpetrators.

It must be a shock to come out of your bubble and face the real world.
I am from those parts and i have never heard anything about this story . Cant you pleasr provide some link or source ?
And if u dont mind me asking , where r u from?

I am from those parts and i have never heard anything about this story . Cant you pleasr provide some link or source ?
And if u dont mind me asking , where r u from?

There is no one single link or source. It is a knowledge that is gained over a period of time from a variety of sources. Piecing together little pieces till a whole picture emerges.

I do not usually post stuff that is obvious to most people and can be seen by a single link. I would not have commented on this, I did so only because someone asked why a Defence Chief was made the Ambassador of Norway. The reasons are well known to those who know the whole story.

So you will have to specify that you need details of which part of the story.

Not again. This Rafale deal is a fiasco. LOL

Sharma was sharply critical of the way the Prime Minister Narendra Modi went about on the issue of Rafale fighter deal without the mandate of the Cabinet Committee on Security.

Read below

Modi govt tapping phones of opposition, bureaucrats & judges: Congress

Last Updated: Friday, May 13, 2016 - 20:20

New Delhi: Amid the charges and counter-charges over the AgustaWestland issue, Congress on Friday accused the Modi government of "working overtime" tapping the phones of opposition, civil servants and judges.

Party's senior spokesman Anand Sharma told reporters: "there is a dirty tricks dept in the BJP Government, which is working overtime tapping phone of Opposition, civil servants and judges".

He alleged that the government is putting senior leaders and bureaucrats under surveillance, manufacturing documents, using state agencies and "pliable" sections of media.

Cautioning the government to stop this game of political blackmail, he said it was "spreading canards" and making attempts to "defame".

Wondering as to how classified documents of Ministry of Defence, of CBI, of ED, have been selectively leaked to few channels and agencies, he said this created an "incomplete picture".

"The selective leaking and distribution of classified documents creates an incomplete picture. The whole picture is brought out by Opposition in Parliament", he said.

He said the government instead of targeting the opposition, should focus on delivering on its promises. "They have failed miserably when you look at the state of economy, job growth, falling exports and falling investment rate".

Turning to the just concluded session, he said budget Session has passed 24 laws. It is a record in itself.

Noting that since 2014 when the Modi government assumed office, more than 80 Bills have been passed, he said adding that this is "testimony of a mature Opposition".

"This is also a rejection of the canard spread by PM Modi that Opposition was hindering passage of Bills", he said.

Seeking to turn tables on the BJP, he said that many of the bills passed were held hostage by BJP while in the opposition.

At the outset, Sharma targeted the government over the Uttarakhand issue.

"The second half of Budget Session became a fresh session because of the wrong decision of this Government to justify the unconstitutional destabilisation of the Uttarakhand Government, by encouraging defection and promoting an environment where money power and the Union?s power were abused," he said.

Giving a word of advice and caution to the government in the backdrop of AgustaWestland issue, he said it should seriously reflect and stop what they are doing and they would "end up seriously compromising defence acquisition and defence preparedness" of the country.

Citing an instance, he said that since the Bofors case, India has not acquired any major artillery system since 1988.

Sharma was sharply critical of the way the Prime Minister Narendra Modi went about on the issue of Rafale fighter deal without the mandate of the Cabinet Committee on Security.

IANS

First Published: Friday, May 13, 2016 - 20:20

http://zeenews.india.com/news/india...tion-bureaucrats-judges-congress_1884876.html

Read below

Modi govt tapping phones of opposition, bureaucrats & judges: Congress

Last Updated: Friday, May 13, 2016 - 20:20

New Delhi: Amid the charges and counter-charges over the AgustaWestland issue, Congress on Friday accused the Modi government of "working overtime" tapping the phones of opposition, civil servants and judges.

Party's senior spokesman Anand Sharma told reporters: "there is a dirty tricks dept in the BJP Government, which is working overtime tapping phone of Opposition, civil servants and judges".

He alleged that the government is putting senior leaders and bureaucrats under surveillance, manufacturing documents, using state agencies and "pliable" sections of media.

Cautioning the government to stop this game of political blackmail, he said it was "spreading canards" and making attempts to "defame".

Wondering as to how classified documents of Ministry of Defence, of CBI, of ED, have been selectively leaked to few channels and agencies, he said this created an "incomplete picture".

"The selective leaking and distribution of classified documents creates an incomplete picture. The whole picture is brought out by Opposition in Parliament", he said.

He said the government instead of targeting the opposition, should focus on delivering on its promises. "They have failed miserably when you look at the state of economy, job growth, falling exports and falling investment rate".

Turning to the just concluded session, he said budget Session has passed 24 laws. It is a record in itself.

Noting that since 2014 when the Modi government assumed office, more than 80 Bills have been passed, he said adding that this is "testimony of a mature Opposition".

"This is also a rejection of the canard spread by PM Modi that Opposition was hindering passage of Bills", he said.

Seeking to turn tables on the BJP, he said that many of the bills passed were held hostage by BJP while in the opposition.

At the outset, Sharma targeted the government over the Uttarakhand issue.

"The second half of Budget Session became a fresh session because of the wrong decision of this Government to justify the unconstitutional destabilisation of the Uttarakhand Government, by encouraging defection and promoting an environment where money power and the Union?s power were abused," he said.

Giving a word of advice and caution to the government in the backdrop of AgustaWestland issue, he said it should seriously reflect and stop what they are doing and they would "end up seriously compromising defence acquisition and defence preparedness" of the country.

Citing an instance, he said that since the Bofors case, India has not acquired any major artillery system since 1988.

IANS

First Published: Friday, May 13, 2016 - 20:20

http://zeenews.india.com/news/india...tion-bureaucrats-judges-congress_1884876.html

Phone tapping is SOP for IB.

My My, I never knew that Defence Jobs could train you to be a Diplomat.

Can someone enlighten me whether this is a one off incidence or do we have many such precedence ?
General Kariappa was sent to Australia by Nehru .

Come on !!! Rafale isn't under any investigation !!! Only thing stuck is Dassault NOT agreeing on Cost issue. That's it everythingelse is set.

I personally believe that If this deal failed it's cause Dassult won't come in line. They think very high of themself.

I m in favour for early Russian PaK-Fa instead of rafale

Back
Top Bottom