What's new

Rafale - ,India proposes, France disposes

Dump Rafael and buy f18 or mig 35 with full tot of engine to source codes of radar and start project Tejas mk3 with twin engine and canards like rafael

this is on a whole another level of past dealings between France and India.

you go from 126 jets to 36 jets, from this number to that number, to this rumor to that rumor.

I don't think it should take 4 odd years to sign a deal.

in the meantime while this saga is going on France has already signed deals with Egypt and Qatar.
hmm... people wanted transparency in defense purchase, this is probably most transparent we can get. Other purchases made using govt to govt negotiation are much faster(also has geopolitical consideration) but much less transparent. We bought quite a bit of hardware from USA using that route in last 10 years.

Dump Rafael and buy f18 or mig 35 with full tot of engine to source codes of radar and start project Tejas mk3 with twin engine and canards like rafael

you could save a lot of money going with the F-18. especially if you could put Israeli weapons and EW systems on it.

but might as well go F-35A and F-35B for the 2020 time frame.

by then F-35 will be significantly more cheaper than Rafale and Eurofighter

yo all fighters were made by goras, only eft and frenchie fighters were in last round of race if I remember correctly..
if I was to decide, I will get the cheapest that gets job done... not the best... which means gripen probably :)
Kehne ka matlab ye kai andar ka baniya abhi zinda hai! :D

Kehne ka matlab ye kai andar ka baniya abhi zinda hai! :D
lol... like russel peters says in one routine.. every desi is cheap...
in any case why pay extra for frenchie fighter... am sure they got nice leather interior and probably smells good.. but we just need something that works... :)

None will give you core TOT for Fighter's engines. There are some tech secrets which doesn't have price taggs. You have to do it on your own either by R&D or by stealing or hacking.

You need to hire brightest brains in the field and invest money and time both, may be it may take a decade more but it would be worth pain endured.

I didn't know it was that hard to buy planes.

I don't understand, how Egypt bought plane that easily and India still negotiating....

I didn't know it was that hard to buy planes.

I don't understand, how Egypt bought plane that easily and India still negotiating....
Thats because unlike egypt , india is asking for transfer of technology and certain percentage of offset in the deal . Egypt's deal had none of those . Hence indian deal is much more complicated than the egyptian one .

well so a one more thread just becuase french company has some reservation of bank gaurentee for the purchase they want hard cash then so be it what is the fuss ?

thing is India has already agreed to get 36 fully french built rafales and that can go for 18 more french built and french have already been gearing up to meet that order by ramping up the production rate of 3 rafales per month + the major deal of 90 rafales to be made in india under MII is in last leg of nagociation as we had to re evaluate and re nagociate on all the terms and conditions of the deal after the scrapping of earlier MRCA deal

plus the fact that indian navy also wants 18 land based rafales (A&N islands) and 36 rafale M for IAC-1/new vikrant class carrier

The 250 figure that include services and weapons they can cut the services to 10 years also they can cut some the weapons that they don't need or get a lesser number.
That won't make much difference...If you look at Rafale deals with Egypt, Qatar, UAE, India..more or less price is similar i.e 200-250 million/unit.

Chinese have surpassed 4 or 4.5 generation tech so they do have everything which Rafale has it as well other than engine technology.

I think India will get Rafales eventually but on French terms.
French have already agreed to most of Indian terms like 50% offset( they will have to invest 50% of deal money in India itself). But yeah India will have to compromise on few terms too like in this guarantee money case.

And you really believe chinese don't know how to write a good software for their products!!!!.

See the think that make me believe the chinese able to do so is that they have big R&D fund with big number of engineers of all kind!!!.

See I'm not chinese but I can read and observe and I don't like to deceive my self.

Malik I have an off topic question .. Why do you brothers make pictures of holt personalities.. Like the one in your DP.. Isn't that forbidden.. I've seen this in Iran too.. In Pak we don't do this because it's against the religion.

Thats because unlike egypt , india is asking for transfer of technology and certain percentage of offset in the deal . Egypt's deal had none of those . Hence indian deal is much more complicated than the egyptian one .

36 jet deal will be bought off the shelf & no TOT/assembly is involved.. & even with the previous deal for 126 .. Only partial tot was offered I.E; assembling..

Parrikar is no more than a big joke, he would have been executed in a china for delay. Said the structure of the discounted Rafale will be different from the full price one. India can't challenge China, I'm quite sure especially after the Rafale deal.

Back
Top Bottom