What's new

RAF Eurofighter Typhoons 'beaten by Pakistani F-16s'

nope , but i found the google translate myself even yesterday and provided the f16 link to windjammer-- saw that he has started a thread with it -- i cpost a lot of things from pak def-- but i give quotes in 99.99 % of the times

this was my reply to windgammers query regarding anat.2008
'' Recipient Users:

1. Windjammer
Yesterday 04:22 PM
September 8, 2008 (by Asif Shamim) - Exercise Anatolian Eagle 2008/3 a Turkish run multinational military air exercise started on Monday 8th and will run through September 16th.

The USAF, AMF, IDF/AF and NATO join the exercise by sending jets to participate in the exercise at Konya airbase.

The exercise gathered 16 F-16 jets from the United States, three Eurofighters from Italy, five F-16s and five F-15 jets from Israel and two AWACS from NATO

This is the 3rd exercise of the year. The first took place from April 28th to May 16th while the second was held on June 9th and 20th, 2008 with the participating jets from Turkey, the United States, Jordan, the United Arab Emirates and NATO.

http://www.f-16.net/news_article3110.html

---
i think this is what u r looking for, bro! ''

munir's post is 2 minutes later and after that has been modified after 20 minutes aswell--and i dont think he has provided the anatolian links , let me check

the info regarding alan warnes is posted by me in another foreign forum a day earlier aswell

however i did edit my post afterwards e the flags thingy

its for the same cause and we are bound to see some same info found out by different people!

The FACT that IAF checked out the F-16IN and summarily rejected it after exhaustive trials says enough about the F-16's. It is the capability of the PAF pilots that the italians lost out. I am sure that the Typhoon in IAF hands will be second to none!

I seriously doubt the F-16 was rejected because of abilities when compared to all other jets on offer. In my opinion why should India buy a Jet, albeit a new model, over which her arch rival is known to be second to none? PAF has decades of experience in F-16's due to which they would have held superiority over IAF F-16's. Furthermore an American Jet would have meant a lot more investment in training and supporting infrastructure. In contrast the IAF has loads of experience in French (Mirage) and British (Tornadoes) Jets. Rafale is the clear winner in this scenario.

P.S. I am sure that Typhoons in IAF would be second to none.

I love Indians. They can never accept something positive about Pakistan. It is part of their ideology. Shout Jai Hind but fail in own projects. It is pretty much waste of time to react. Arrogance, nationalism and believing in Indian supremacy. Crap.

AFM edition, the article by Alan Warnes on the JF-17, he states that;

Quote:
"Without a Beyond Visual Range (BVR) capablity for most of the fleet, the PAF has perfected the art of Within Visual Range (WVR) combat - so much so that in the 2008 Excercise Anatolian Eagle, the PAF's F-16s allegedly fleeced the Eurofighter with a three-out-of-three score in WVR combat."
In modern air combat, BVR encounters are the in thing! So you better get used to BVR combat. WVR (as you call it) is passe! :P

It's likely that even a vintage Gnat would be able to take on an F-16 in 'ECVR' (extremely Close Visual Range)!! :cheesy:

Cheers!

“Great pilots are made not born…A man may possess good eyesight, sensitive hands and perfect coordination, but the end product is only fashioned by steady coaching, much practice and experience."

– Air Vice Marshal J.E. Johnson, RAF

PAF... Train to fight--Fight to kill

In modern air combat, BVR encounters are the in thing! So you better get used to BVR combat. WVR (as you call it) is passe! :P

It's likely that even a vintage Gnat would be able to take on an F-16 in 'ECVR' (extremely Close Visual Range)!! :cheesy:

Cheers!

You need a whole box of cleenex I believe..
Seriously..

Stop this IAF vs PAF, or F16 vs Su30 comparison, plenty other thread to do that.
I still did not get the link which says pakistan and italy met in 2008. The link I posted says they went to exercise at different time in 2008.
No reply yet on that.

Before RAF and now Italian Air Force. Please check the table to see who else participated before making the story.

this F 16 news is seems to be fake, the source web page i.e register.com is filled with anti typhoon news, no authenticit, no confirmation, pilot dnt wnt to disclose Identity as he dnt wnt 2 be laughing stuff,

The author of a reputable aviation journal has much more credibility than a fan boy in denial.

Stop this IAF vs PAF, or F16 vs Su30 comparison, plenty other thread to do that.
I still did not get the link which says pakistan and italy met in 2008. The link I posted says they went to exercise at different time in 2008.
No reply yet on that.

Before RAF and now Italian Air Force. Please check the table to see who else participated before making the story.
If you must go by the book, then Israel was there from 8th until 19th September, where as Pakistan joined from 3rd November, a gap of some two months. ?? Above that, we are told that the two airforces were stationed on the opposite side of the base. According to your link, PAF only joined Turkey, where as an article covering the exercise disclosed that, amongst other activities, the PAF pilots, organised, briefed, led and successfully delivered packages of 20 International participating aircraft. I am searching for the article.

If you must go by the book, then Israel was there from 8th until 19th September, where as Pakistan joined from 3rd November, a gap of some two months. ?? Above that, we are told that the two airforces were stationed on the opposite side of the base. According to your link, PAF only joined Turkey, where as an article covering the exercise disclosed that, amongst other activities, the PAF pilots, organised, briefed, led and successfully delivered packages of 20 International participating aircraft. I am searching for the article.

Ok, Please put that on the table. Now only fanboys are congratulating themselves and any scepticism is being disregarded as trolling.
If you understand how the story changed from RAF to Italian now(the RAF story was detailed one, somebody blaming UK govt for cuts), somebody seems to hiding something.

As of now, the dates mentioned in the link suggests otherwise. Please note, turkey is mentioned in both dates.

Also please rely more on official site than blog or somebody anonymously saying something secretly to you.

he USAF, AMF, IDF/AF and NATO join the exercise by sending jets to participate in the exercise at Konya airbase.

The exercise gathered 16 F-16 jets from the United States, three Eurofighters from Italy, five F-16s and five F-15 jets from Israel and two AWACS from NATO

This is the 3rd exercise of the year. The first took place from April 28th to May 16th while the second was held on June 9th and 20th, 2008 with the participating jets from Turkey, the United States, Jordan, the United Arab Emirates and NATO.

http://www.f-16.net/news_article3045.html

Ok, Please put that on the table. Now only fanboys are congratulating themselves and any scepticism is being disregarded as trolling.
If you understand how the story changed from RAF to Italian now(the RAF story was detailed one, somebody blaming UK govt for cuts), somebody seems to hiding something.

As of now, the dates mentioned in the link suggests otherwise. Please note, turkey is mentioned in both dates.

Also please rely more on official site than blog or somebody anonymously saying something secretly to you.
As stated earlier, the author of the subject never for once said the victim Typhoon aircraft belonged to the RAF. More over he wouldn't have described an event in a respectable journal if he had any doubts or reservations. Living in the UK, it's very convenient to seek confirmation from the source.

Well some time ago an F18 beated F22... No Indian raised voice. Then even T38 beated F22... No Indian again. Yet now it is Pakistani pilot and suddenly they know more then a 1sth class journalist that knows his job. I feel pitty cause if you have nothing to show you start pointing at others.

Back
Top Bottom