What's new

RAF Eurofighter Typhoons 'beaten by Pakistani F-16s'

no aircraft is truly invincible. remember even a stealth fighter like F-117 has been shot down.

given right training, tactics and decent equipment, i beleive it is possible to shoot down any plane.

and i think PAF has all the three above so if they shot down a eurofighter it is not surprising.

Can any one tell in which Excersise did the PAF met the Typhoon because till now PAF hasnt met RAF till now in any excersise nor Italy recently also provide the source
It was Italian Airforce, again, why don't you guys care reading through previous posts before jumping with your idiotic comments?

i think we have flogged this news enough times - time to move on.

AFM edition, the article by Alan Warnes on the JF-17, he states that;

Quote:
"Without a Beyond Visual Range (BVR) capablity for most of the fleet, the PAF has perfected the art of Within Visual Range (WVR) combat - so much so that in the 2008 Excercise Anatolian Eagle, the PAF's F-16s allegedly fleeced the Eurofighter with a three-out-of-three score in WVR combat."

http://www.f-16.net/news_article3110.html
http://www.f-16.net/news_article3045.html

It was Italian Airforce, again, why don't you guys care reading through previous posts before jumping with your idiotic comments?
you first read the whole thing i asked you to mension any source of the exercise in which PAF and Italian Air force have met

MAVERICK the su30mki batters everything flying in the world to a pulp

other than the mighty F22

that why IAF is fieldinmg 272 of them by 2015

That's your ignorance speaking. In a BVR engagement it will depend a lot more on radar and supporting infrastructure and I believe the mighty SU-30MKI has a much larger RCS displacement then the F-16's which means that if they both carry identical radars the F-16 will have a better chance of locating, locking and firing a BVR missile at the SU-30MKI then otherwise. I wonder how the APG-68(V)9 fares against the NIIP N011M Bars found on IAF SU-30MKI.

PAF F-16 Radar - The AN/APG-68, an evolution of the APG-66, was introduced with the F-16C/D Block 25. The APG-68 has greater range and resolution, as well as 25 operating modes, including ground-mapping, Doppler beam-sharpening, ground moving target, sea target, and track-while-scan (TWS) for up to 10 targets. The Block 40/42's APG-68(V)1 model added full compatibility with Lockheed Martin Low-Altitude Navigation and Targeting Infra-Red for Night (LANTIRN) pods, and a high-PRF pulse-Doppler track mode to provide continuous-wave (CW) target illumination for semi-active radar-homing (SARH) missiles like the AIM-7 Sparrow. The Block 50/52 F-16s initially received the more reliable APG-68(V)5 which has a programmable signal processor employing Very-High-Speed Integrated Circuit (VHSIC) technology. The Advanced Block 50/52 (or 50+/52+) are equipped with the APG-68(V)9 radar which has a 30% greater air-to-air detection range, and a synthetic aperture radar (SAR) mode for high-resolution mapping and target detection and recognition
Frequency: Starting Envelope frequency around 9.86 GHz.
Under AIS Testing as high as 26 GHz
Range: 296.32 km, 184 miles
Search cone: 120 degrees × 120 degrees
Azimuth angular coverage: ±10 degrees / ± 30 degrees / ± 60 degrees

IAF SU-30MKI Radar - N011M has a search range of 350 km and a tracking range of 200 km, with 60 km in the rear in the air to air mode. Up to 15 air targets can be tracked at once in track-while-scan mode with 4 of these engaged at once.[4] The N011M can use a number of short range and speed search modes and is capable of identifying the type and number of multiple targets. The Bars radar is compatible with R-77 and R-27 radar guided missiles providing both illumination and data-link guidance as well as the R-73 IR guided missile [3].
In the air to surface mode the radar is capable of detecting ground and naval based moving targets, determining their location and maintaining a track on two surface targets at once [1]. The N011 is capable of detecting a tank sized target to a range maximum range of 50 km and a destroyer sized target to a range of 150 km [1]. Bars also features a mapping mode using either real beam, doppler beam sharpening or Synthetic aperture radar with a maximum resolution of 10 meters [1]. The Kh-31 anti-radiation missile is also compatible with the radar

In a WVR contest what matters most is the experience of the pilot on the jet that he's flying I guess. A pilot with 500 hours on Jet A will always hold an advantage over a pilot with 50 hours on Jet B. This is where things become really interesting.

The FACT that IAF checked out the F-16IN and summarily rejected it after exhaustive trials says enough about the F-16's. It is the capability of the PAF pilots that the italians lost out. I am sure that the Typhoon in IAF hands will be second to none!

"October 31, 2008 (by Asif Shamim) - Six Pakistani F-16s have deployed to Konya, Turkey to participate at Anatolian Eagle, a bilateral air exercise similar to Red Flag, starting November 3rd till the 14th."

"The last session had participating jets from the United States, Jordan, the United Arab Emirates and NATO."

image018.jpg

anatolian eagle-nato
NATO- AE-06 / 2 , AE-06 / 3 , AE-06 / 4 , AE-07 / 2 , AE-08 / 2 , AE-08 / 3 and AE-08 / 4 participated in the training.
http://translate.googleusercontent....r.nato&usg=ALkJrhiQGVyZ9zrkLoxmByEEoncV2yjerg

Pakistan AE-04 / 3 AE-06 / 2 , AE-07 / 2 and AE-08 / 4 participated in the training.
http://translate.googleusercontent....kistan&usg=ALkJrhgtwvSqi1qeMc-7m3KqeQ3wo-aqXA

i gave the link to windgammer which he posted today-- i didnt think it was a big deal , but the indians have made a big deal out of it .. so let me help in clearing the air

AFM edition, the article by Alan Warnes on the JF-17, he states that;

Quote:
"Without a Beyond Visual Range (BVR) capablity for most of the fleet, the PAF has perfected the art of Within Visual Range (WVR) combat - so much so that in the 2008 Excercise Anatolian Eagle, the PAF's F-16s allegedly fleeced the Eurofighter with a three-out-of-three score in WVR combat."

http://www.f-16.net/news_article3110.html
http://www.f-16.net/news_article3045.html

"October 31, 2008 (by Asif Shamim) - Six Pakistani F-16s have deployed to Konya, Turkey to participate at Anatolian Eagle, a bilateral air exercise similar to Red Flag, starting November 3rd till the 14th."

"The last session had participating jets from the United States, Jordan, the United Arab Emirates and NATO."

image018.jpg

anatolian eagle-nato
NATO- AE-06 / 2 , AE-06 / 3 , AE-06 / 4 , AE-07 / 2 , AE-08 / 2 , AE-08 / 3 and AE-08 [/b]/ 4 participated in the training.
http://translate.googleusercontent....r.nato&usg=ALkJrhiQGVyZ9zrkLoxmByEEoncV2yjerg

Pakistan AE-04 / 3 AE-06 / 2 , AE-07 / 2 and AE-08 / 4 participated in the training.
http://translate.googleusercontent....kistan&usg=ALkJrhgtwvSqi1qeMc-7m3KqeQ3wo-aqXA

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont doubt F-16 beating EF but at least verify this news before doing this : ''Allah u akbar wah wah we are the best''-Zaid hamid official page.And one of his follower wrote in the comments section ''We are the nation who shot down Indian jaguar with an AK-47'' :hitwall: i pity them.

the news has many loop holes,
1. Pilot dnt want to disclose his name ( he dnt wnt to be a laughing stuff)
2. Source webpage filled with anti eurofighter news,
3. No confirmation frm RAF side,
4. No official confirmation,
5. All in one, this is pure propaganda, to keep Happy,
lets wait for real combat typhoons will be kicking F 16 on their .

No doubt about PAF capabilities. But the link provided states the 4 exercises were done. As per my reading (I may be wrong in onterpretation) Pakistan Participated in last episode in the month of October and Italy participated in the month of sept. But from the flags it doesn't seems though. Flags shows that Italy and Pakistan were there in same (my assumption) and also the Germany if we look at the flags. But no where they have mentioned the name of germany. Hence need a strong link to proove.

If prooved correct, then congrats to PAF in advance.

reagrds

i gave the link to windgammer which he posted today-- i didnt think it was a big deal , but the indians have made a big deal out of it .. so let me help in clearing the air

anatolian eagle-nato
NATO- AE-06 / 2 , AE-06 / 3 , AE-06 / 4 , AE-07 / 2 , AE-08 / 2 , AE-08 / 3 and AE-08 [/b]/ 4 participated in the training.
Google Translate

Google Translate

This was posted by Munir on Pakdef. Are you Munir?

Back
Top Bottom