What's new

RAF Eurofighter Typhoons 'beaten by Pakistani F-16s'

I just read that in AFM. But it was focussed on WVR. So you see that in WVR there are the old rules that needs to be mastered. But one needs to remember that Ef2000 is a hell of an opponent with its HMS and superb WVR. Congrats PAF. Second to none.

so when they will publish this news sir .because these few words can not change now that thousands of place which cover the story.

I think what really matters is that the PAF through sheer professionalism repeatedly bagged one of the best fighter aircraft in the world.
In contrast, the Italians are no lesser pilots than their NATO counterparts.

I think what really matters is that the PAF through sheer professionalism repeatedly bagged one of the best fighter aircraft in the world.
In contrast, the Italians are no lesser pilots than their NATO counterparts.
AFAIK, Even Spanish bagged about 8 F-15Cs in an exercise.

It's indeed possible since Spain also operates the Typhoon.
Can you also please clear whether these were PAF regular pilots or Deputes with TuAF, I think there are a couple of pilots always in exchange program TuAF

The news item regarding PAF bagging three RAF Euro Fighters has been reported out of context to some extent. The interview of a PAF pilot has been widely published without source or reference and some wrong detail added to it which seems to have had a snow ball effect. Albeit the interview which was conducted in 2008 is very much authentic, the author at no point disclosed that the victims were RAF Typhoons. Since so much controversy surrounded the event, I decided to get the real story.
It's a fact that even in the latest disclosure in the JF-17 supplement which appears with Air Forces Monthly magazine, the author, Alan Warnes, albeit mentions the Typhoon incident but never discloses their operator.
I can now confirm that the PAF pilot(s) indeed shot down the three Typhoons in all the three set ups. However the aircraft belonged to the Italian Air Force and not the RAF as reported earlier.
This information exclusively disclosed and given permission to be published by Alan Warnes.

wrong again ,

October 2004 , the only time the italian air force & the PAF face each other in a Anatolian Eagle excersice ,
Typhoon enters Italian air force service On 16 December 2005...

I suggest all you doubters write a nice letter to Alan warnes instead of complaining here..

Alan warnes now twisted the inteview upside down and claiming that it was not RAF typhoon but italian typhoon....
but he got cought again , italian and PAF face each other only one time that was in 2004 , whereas typhoon enter italian air force service only in 2005..
anyway , italians never ever bring their typhoon in Anatolian Eagle excersice ...

From key publishing forum Key Publishing Ltd Aviation Forums - View Single Post - Eurofighter Typhoon News & Discussions Thread IV
Quote:
Actually someone did a little research on the flight global forum where this interview was reported and I would encourage members to use google to do the same. The only Anatolian Eagle exercise that the RAF and the PAF were at together was the 2007/2 exercise. The RAF bought Tornado GR4's to that exercise not Typhoons. The exercise that they bought Typhoons to was the 2009 exercise, where the PAF were not present. I think that the general was probably smoking something acquired from his Afghan cousins across the border when he was being interviewed or maybe he just had a problem with facts, not unusual in this case!

Mods please merge this thread.

Indians still can't over the fact that a Typhoon was shot down by PAF F-16 pilots. No wonder, as after their "tough" trials for MMRCA, they shortlisted Typhoon and Rafale.......With Typhoon going doing infront of F-16s...that leaves Rafale.........some discussions would be going on in Indian Airforce now.

Like i said before...Typhoon IS NOT UNDEFEATABLE.

I cant find anything written about typhoon in the link provided by you. Can you post the correct link which busts lucky's assertion.

What he meant by giving the link, was that the exercise happened in 2008.........i don't know where you are getting the 2004 yea from.

Back
Top Bottom