What's new

Racial attack: Indian killed in Australia

:disagree:

Stop twisting my reply to suit your logic

"Mirch Masala" statement was for your anti India tone to your post.

I had agreed with your post with this following remark "though your post is usefull".

Spoon feeding :hitwall:

Your not making any sense AGAIN......"stop twisting my reply to suit your logic".....what are you on about dude????????????

and what anti India tone, give me one thing in my post which would wuggest it to be anti India, I have points FACTS, let me repeat that, FACTS, as they happen in the West. I live there I know better then most as I work in Law enforcement. You really need to grow up.

Your not making any sense AGAIN......"stop twisting my reply to suit your logic".....what are you on about dude????????????

and what anti India tone, give me one thing in my post which would wuggest it to be anti India, I have points FACTS, let me repeat that, FACTS, as they happen in the West. I live there I know better then most as I work in Law enforcement. You really need to grow up.

DUDE... read my reply......I AGREE WITH YOUR POST.Stop repeating the same thing again and again....

I totally agree with the fact that no one had the right to take his life. He committed no crime and a group of cowards killed him. Whether intoxicated through drink or drugs, that is no excuse and these men/women will be hopefully held to account. It will be a long process before they are bought to book and patience will be a must from everyone.

I do not agree with the fact that he was killed for being Indian, this is a very fluid point and unless one was there to witness the attack, or the circumstances are such that would suggest without any shadow of a dount that it was racial, until then this is just another murder, like any other in Australia, which happens to be an Indian victim. Let justice prevail and let the Melbourne Police do what they need to do.

The reason why i stated it perhaps is hate crime is becuase its been on cnn, indian news channels and even Pakistani news channels several months and now this .. the raceist acts being performed by some in Aus had been towards indians in general speically indian students thats where it all started from so put one and two togehter wat do u get ..:sniper: again i was not there i can't say it was but perhaps might seem like it was becuase of all the hatered towards indians going on in Aus. :coffee:

The Indian media has a long way to go with Professional and neutral reporting of the facts. Most of them are drama queens who enjoy stirring hatred and communal tension. They are in their infancy stage in journalism, where they have entered the mainstream International market now and need to mature rapidly.

:lol: You're right. We should take lessons from the British media. The home of tabloid journalism. The nation that gave the world "News of the world", "daily mail" and of course "the sun". Or do you mean the Pakistani media? Less said about it the better.

I gave a very good description of how things like crime are in the West, unlike India, where the Police wouldn;t even start an investigation and if they did you would have a pay an arm and leg to get them to take down a statement of complaint.

The thread has nothing to do with the inadequacies of the police in India.

Australia is faaaaaaaar safer then India, so stop trying to attack them over these spontaneous attacks on Indians who happen to be too naive and thick to keep themselves safe, if they can't do that for themselves, why the hell with anyone else.

Australia is a first world nation that invites foreign students to its soil. It is the Australian governments duty to protect them. Otherwise Australia will lose one of its biggest sources of income.

If Australia can't guarantee safety of Indian students - 20 attacks a month apparently - why would Indians go study there?

To use an example closer to home, do you have any idea what kind of pressure is put on the police by the media/embassy/government when a crime is committed against a foreigner in India? If India can't guarantee safety for tourists, why would they come here?

This is not a case of Indian media's bullying. The Australian government (or any western government for that matter) goes on a bloody overdrive when something happens to its citizens in India - Graham Staines anyone?, why wouldn't we do the same?

The reason why i stated it perhaps is hate crime is becuase its been on cnn, indian news channels and even Pakistani news channels several months and now this .. the raceist acts being performed by some in Aus had been towards indians in general speically indian students thats where it all started from so put one and two togehter wat do u get ..:sniper: again i was not there i can't say it was but perhaps might seem like it was becuase of all the hatered towards indians going on in Aus. :coffee:

TOPGUN, totally appreciate your honest view matey as this is a common result. I only think like the way I do as I get to deal with this sort of matter daily.

The fact that the media pick up on a single issue and highlight as though Indians are being victimised in a surge of violence towards them is just not true. The Police hands are ALWAYS tied and very reluctant to explain the whole facts for operatinal and investigatative reasons, but there is overall, a hell of more crime towards others then just the Indians.

The problem mainly lies with Indians themselves, they need to be aware of the dangers and plan how to deal with them through Neighbourhood policing strategies, policing plans by local authorities and community meetings. This will make things easier for them to not become easy targets.

TOPGUN, totally appreciate your honest view matey as this is a common result. I only think like the way I do as I get to deal with this sort of matter daily.

The fact that the media pick up on a single issue and highlight as though Indians are being victimised in a surge of violence towards them is just not true. The Police hands are ALWAYS tied and very reluctant to explain the whole facts for operatinal and investigatative reasons, but there is overall, a hell of more crime towards others then just the Indians.

The problem mainly lies with Indians themselves, they need to be aware of the dangers and plan how to deal with them through Neighbourhood policing strategies, policing plans by local authorities and community meetings. This will make things easier for them to not become easy targets.

buddy, dont take it otherwise.. are u staying australia?

:lol: You're right. We should take lessons from the British media. The home of tabloid journalism. The nation that gave the world "News of the world", "daily mail" and of course "the sun". Or do you mean the Pakistani media? Less said about it the better.

Australia is a first world nation that invites foreign students to its soil. It is the Australian governments duty to protect them. Otherwise Australia will lose one of its biggest sources of income.

If Australia can't guarantee safety of Indian students - 20 attacks a month apparently - why would Indians go study there?

To use an example closer to home, do you have any idea what kind of pressure is put on the police by the media/embassy/government when a crime is committed against a foreigner in India? If India can't guarantee safety for tourists, why would they come here?

This is not a case of Indian media's bullying. The Australian government (or any western government for that matter) goes on a bloody overdrive when something happens to its citizens in India - Graham Staines anyone?, why wouldn't we do the same?

Well, about the media part of it, I can argue this until the cows come home, but Burka Dutt will suffice for now ....but this issue would go off topic if continued......

If the thread had nothing to do with the Indian Police then it also has nothing to do with the Indian Police safeguardiing foreigners by your government also, as I was comparing situations, but if you think my statement had nothing to do with this thread, then nor the hell does your comment.

Now, for your last comment...there are about 95000 Indian students in Australia, 20 attacks a month, although you did not specify what these attacks are, public order offences, assaults, breach of the peace, etc etc etc what exactly and what records did you use to come to this figure.

I can tell you from personal experience that we crime roughly 12000 crime a year in my local policing area. This would mean that there are about 200000 crimes a year in one district, and these crimes involved all recordable offences. You can now compare that by dividing it by 12 months making it 16667 crimes a month. Compare that to the whole of Australia and you can figure out the small percentage of crime being committed where the victims are Indian. (20 by your figures)

Australia has a far more competent Police force then India and there Policing style is far more advanced whereby they at least record crime.:cheers:

Well, about the media part of it, I can argue this until the cows come home, but Burka Dutt will suffice for now ....but this issue would go off topic if continued......

Bukha dutt is a fantastic journalist. If a tad over emotional. However, fair enough, i won't debate the media part of it.

If the thread had nothing to do with the Indian Police then it also has nothing to do with the Indian Police safeguardiing foreigners by your government also, as I was comparing situations, but if you think my statement had nothing to do with this thread, then nor the hell does your comment.

I wasnt talking about safeguarding or the lack off by the police of the respective nations. I was defending the reactions of the Indian government/media/public. When a crime is committed against a foreigner in India, the reaction of the Indian media itself is over the top. The recent rape of a foreigner in Goa was headlines news, despite god knows how many rapes committed in India everyday. The foreign government in question goes ballistic issuing advisories and what not. The foreign media is no different. So why are people expecting the Indian media to act differently when an Indian student gets attacked in a foreign nation?

Now, for your last comment...there are about 95000 Indian students in Australia, 20 attacks a month, although you did not specify what these attacks are, public order offences, assaults, breach of the peace, etc etc etc what exactly and what records did you use to come to this figure.

Mostly robbery and assault. 20 attacks a month may not be an exact figure. However, 20 attacks were reported in a spate of 6 weeks in Victoria alone. If 20 Australians would have been attacked in India in a months time, how would the Australian government/media/ people react?

I can tell you from personal experience that we crime roughly 12000 crime a year in my local policing area. This would mean that there are about 200000 crimes a year in one district, and these crimes involved all recordable offences. You can now compare that by dividing it by 12 months making it 16667 crimes a month. Compare that to the whole of Australia and you can figure out the small percentage of crime being committed where the victims are Indian. (20 by your figures)

There is a difference between crimes committed against a foreign national and a citizen. Indian students have been attacked - students who are invited to attend Australian universities. Students who contribute to one of Australia's biggest markets. If attacks continue, why would Indians continue to study in Australia?

Similar attacks against Indian students on a regular basis do not happen in the US/UK/Canada. But they do happen in Australia.

To those pakistanis who seem to think it doesn't concern them, these people do not care you are Indian or pakistani, as long as you are Brown asian, you will be targetted. The attackers do not 'hate' indians but 'like' pakistanis.

If a pakistani had in the same place at the same time, he would be attacked.
Maybe some hate that unique indian accent and dark brown indians tryin act like shahrukh khan and sir JAMAL Indians dont look like PAKISTANIS you people have no ethnic similarities with PAKISTAN S
So please spare us I DONT KNOW WHY YOU ARE SO OBSSESED BY THE INDIA THAT WE ARE THE SAME PEOPLE MOST PAKISTANIS ARE FAIR OR LIGHT SKINNED AND OU SIR WELL U KNOW BETTER.

Last edited:
first of all this has nothing to do with Pakistan. and also posting news like this specially about Indians only resulted in insulting the dead guy and the nation and Indian members here..why bother posting such news here ??

Bukha dutt is a fantastic journalist. If a tad over emotional. However, fair enough, i won't debate the media part of it.

I wasnt talking about safeguarding or the lack off by the police of the respective nations. I was defending the reactions of the Indian government/media/public. When a crime is committed against a foreigner in India, the reaction of the Indian media itself is over the top. The recent rape of a foreigner in Goa was headlines news, despite god knows how many rapes committed in India everyday. The foreign government in question goes ballistic issuing advisories and what not. The foreign media is no different. So why are people expecting the Indian media to act differently when an Indian student gets attacked in a foreign nation?

Mostly robbery and assault. 20 attacks a month may not be an exact figure. However, 20 attacks were reported in a spate of 6 weeks in Victoria alone. If 20 Australians would have been attacked in India in a months time, how would the Australian government/media/ people react?

There is a difference between crimes committed against a foreign national and a citizen. Indian students have been attacked - students who are invited to attend Australian universities. Students who contribute to one of Australia's biggest markets. If attacks continue, why would Indians continue to study in Australia?

Similar attacks against Indian students on a regular basis do not happen in the US/UK/Canada. But they do happen in Australia.

No, I asked you where you got your figure from about 29 a month, and even then that is 20/95000 x100 = 0.02% of Indians, studying in India as victim. I do not think anyone would moan about that other then Indians themselves. Why would Indiands study in Australia?, well go somewhere else then, simple as.

There are many many many victims in UK who are Indian and Chinese victims of crime here, especially Chinese, it isn't highlighted as we refuse to give extra treatment to such minority groups as fair practice and treatment is for all citizens.

I don't see any reason why any country should go out of their way to give extra support to anyone, and not give that same treatment to their own citizens first, who deserve better always as nationals as it is their country.

I think if this attitude continues, then far right group will eventually end up attacking Indians more often then now and will set a dangerous example by their continuing whining.

Maybe some hate that unique indian accent and dark brown indians tryin act like shahrukh khan and sir JAMAL Indians dont look like PAKISTANIS you people have no ethnic similarities with PAKISTAN S
So please spare us I DONT KNOW WHY YOU ARE SO OBSSESED BY THE INDIA THAT WE ARE THE SAME PEOPLE MOST PAKISTANIS ARE FAIR OR LIGHT SKINNED AND OU SIR WELL U KNOW BETTER.

To a non-indian we all look alike, and are treated the same. I know because I witness it.

Pakistanis are light skinned? Obviously I have met different ones. To white people we are virtuallt identical. Outsiders literally cannot tell the diference.

Once you people leave the sub-continent you will find that you have more in common than you think.

Obviously you have your views.

jamal do srilankan and afghans look the same to foriegners?
Same case goes for us
Anyway forget it may the dead guy RIP.

India urges Australia to punish killer of Indian student - People's Daily Online
08:31, January 05, 2010

Indian External Affairs Minister S.M. Krishna Monday called on the Australian government to punish the killers of Indian student Nitin Garg.

The Australian government "is duty bound and morally bound to investigate and bring the culprit to book," Krishma said in a statement to the press at the southern city of Bangalore.

"That is the least the Australian government can do and that is what we expect," Krishna said.

Indian High Commissioner Sujatha Singh in Canberra has taken up the issue with the Australian government "in the strongest possible terms", he said.

Garg, 21, an accounting graduate from Punjab, was stabbed to death in West Footscray Saturday while on his way to work, according to local media reports.

The deadly accident took place in the wake of a wave of attacks upon Indian students in Australia last year.

Source: Xinhua

There isn't 20 attacks a month. Ffs look at the facts or don't speak.

The government will no provide individual security for a minority of people. australia is a safe pleace, indians just need to smarten up and know where not to go.

Like me and many other people have said, criminals will target immigrants because they are new to the country and are easy targets for robbery and theft.

Back
Top Bottom